Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tired of front licence plates

This is a discussion on Tired of front licence plates within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; That sucks. I'm fortunate enough to have no state inspections, no front tag laws, and highway patrols that pull you ...

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

That sucks. I'm fortunate enough to have no state inspections, no front tag laws, and highway patrols that pull you over, tell you to go easy on "throwing the hammer down" because technically it's illegal to have long tubes and no cats, and then proceed to tell you about their cat-less long tube headered 4x4 truck and how loud it is

I wouldn't bother with court. If you do choose to fight it, then good luck to you brother.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

After 8 years of never having a front plate I finally got pulled over for it. Didn't give me a ticket but even if he did I still wouldn't put it on. Don't care if I got 10 it still wouldn't go on. He also let me know as of Jan 1, 2009 my clear license plate cover on the back was also illegal. Guess we have the mirrored covers to deflect red light camera's and I - pass to thank for that. Damn I hate Illinois!

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    hahaha i just did it and i gotta say it doesnt look as bad as i thought it would
    Ya, standing right in front of the car you can't see it which is nice. But when you are driving and you have a cop coming at you, he is more in the line of site, and it is visible to them most of the time. You only have to back away 10 feet or more and it's visible.

Like I said, worked for me for years on 2 cars that my wife and I drove everyday.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Not worth it.

thanks im gonna try to go to court and plead my case lol... what do you think about it

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

We have it here in Va and after 4 years I got pulled and received a warning. It is a $87 fine here. Mine is still not on the vehicle.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

Black SS SLP#8834
    2002 35th Anniversary LS1

Dude, I'd fight it but have it done the way I did to have your case dismissed by mail.

1 - Contact your Infractions Bureau to see if you can enclose a snapshot of your plate duct taped to your front end. You sign the complaint ticket Not Guilty and wait a few weeks. You are still innocent 'til proven guilty.

2 - Upon receipt of the pic, the Infractions Bureau will see you made an effort to install your plate and render your ticket complaint as null and dismiss your case number.

3 - Look for the case dismissal in the mail and stash it in your glove compartment to show your local pig that you're made of Teflon. Nothing sticks on you. The courts don't want you to clog their legal system over a missing plate.

4 - Happy driving !

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SS1Eagle View Post
    Dude, I'd fight it but have it done the way I did to have your case dismissed by mail.

1 - Contact your Infractions Bureau to see if you can enclose a snapshot of your plate duct taped to your front end. You sign the complaint ticket Not Guilty and wait a few weeks. You are still innocent 'til proven guilty.

2 - Upon receipt of the pic, the Infractions Bureau will see you made an effort to install your plate and render your ticket complaint as null and dismiss your case number.

3 - Look for the case dismissal in the mail and stash it in your glove compartment to show your local pig that you're made of Teflon. Nothing sticks on you. The courts don't want you to clog their legal system over a missing plate.

4 - Happy driving !
    hahaha you still need to sign the thing for me lol... please

I live in MD too ill try and get a load of ppl from facebook and over forums to sign that act because i plan on installing an slp grill

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Well I've had my car for a year and a half and have not put on yet. Everytime I drive it which isn't much I wonder if they going to pull me over. I don't plan on putting it on either.

So good luck if you fight it in court.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

i paid it today I wanna know who to give this petition too

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    That sucks. I'm fortunate enough to have no state inspections, no front tag laws, and highway patrols that pull you over, tell you to go easy on "throwing the hammer down" because technically it's illegal to have long tubes and no cats, and then proceed to tell you about their cat-less long tube headered 4x4 truck and how loud it is

I wouldn't bother with court. If you do choose to fight it, then good luck to you brother.
    I at that top part, cuz its true

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Not trying to thread jack, but I know a county deputy where I live, and a state trooper in MN, both have said they've never had a problem bouncing radar off windshields. The argument of the front tag being there for something to hit with the laser, is miniscule.

A better argument for the purpose of a front tag, would be in case the rear was destroyed in the event of a violent accident, can't identify the plate number, no registration in the vehicle, and it's faster than writing down the vin and tracing it. This argument is still a little far-fetched, however, alot better than trying to convince somebody a front tag is there so LEO can bounce their radar guns off of it

White
    99 Camaro Z28

that sux man..i too nave it on the dash ,hope i wont get pulled over

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Keep it there and sign my petition

Red
    2001 WS6

Im not from MD but i got pulled over for no front plate and got a fix it ticket. What bs!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

heres my solution lol never had trouble with the law and im in texas..

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

that looks pretty bad ass might think about doing that how did you get it to stay there

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

that looks pretty bad ass might think about doing that how did you get it to stay there
    i used short screws...but you could even try using thin wire to strap it to your grille!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

After reading this thread makes me glad to live where there is no BS law like this.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    Im not from MD but i got pulled over for no front plate and got a fix it ticket. What bs!
    hey if i had your car i wouldnt even care about getting a ticket id just be like have a nice day officer and then just gun it... I really would never do it but it could be a nice dream to have tonight when i sleep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information