Black
    '01 SS Camaro

Tire Pressure & Octane Booster & Traction Control???

Sup guys....goin to the drags on wednesday. Any suggestions for tire pressure in the rear (if tires size matters, they are 315/35/17's)??

Also I wanna put some octane booster in for when I go up to the drags. I bought two Lucus octane booster bottles. They say to put one in for no less than 8 gallons of gas but I kind want to run on less than 8 gallons and maybe more than 1 bottle of octane booster. Any suggestions on application of the octane booster and maybe even brands??

Lastly, is it better to run with the traction ON or OFF? I've heard ON...but I wanted to ask you guys.

Thanks guys...bought my SS earlier this year and just wanted to see what this puppy will pull with full corsa exhaust, K&N kit, and few other minor mods. Any predictions??

nc98z
    If they are Nitto 555Rs start out about 20#s and work your way down. Don't run them with less than 15#s.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Throw the octane booster away. A full bottle raises octane rating by about .5, and throwing multiple bottles in is overloading the fule with the wrong chemicals. Just run the tank low, and fill it up with race gas, if the track doesn't sell it, someone close to the track surely will. BTW, why are you wanting higher Octane, have you tuned for it? Without a tune, it'll actually do more harm than good.
    And turn the traction off. Traction on will cut throttle when you slip, that's not the way you want to maintain traction. Just turn it off and be gentle, unless you've got a built rear end and slicks, you'll never go WOT in first, so just accept it, and only give the car as much as the car can use. Have fun out there!
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Black
    '01 SS Camaro

my best run ended up being a 13.5 that was my first time at the track with this car....i know I could def drop a few tenths of a second off with practice...anyway thanks for the advice.

Thread Information