Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Time to sell Mr. Hyde

This is a discussion on Time to sell Mr. Hyde within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde Well Gentlemen, as some of you may have seen, GM is offering that "Employee Pricing" ...

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Well Gentlemen, as some of you may have seen, GM is offering that "Employee Pricing" again. This means that a Z06 goes for around $68,000.00 and up depending on what you want. We've decided that we can't pass up on this kind of savings, so we went to the bank yesterday to get our ducks in a row, talked to our rep about a 2008 instead of a 2009, seeing as the incentive only applies to 2008 model year cars. We are going to make an offer today on a 2LZ Blue Jetstream Z06 for $80,000 out the door! This is roughly $69,000.00 before tax, license etc...
    They have this car on their dealership floor, so we might actually take delivery of this car TODAY!
    Do you think I'm a little nervous?

I guess I should have read your last post before I wrote mine!!! That is unless, you didn't go this way.

I can't blame you if you did, but I sort of hope you didn't.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Final negotiated price: $75,397.07 OTD. Bank dropped the ball today, funding available tomorrow morning (promised to me) so I I took it around the block a few times for fun. I won't sleep tonight. The car is most beautiful in the daylight, first time I've seen it outdoors.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Brought the car last night. Will post pics soon. More fun than should be allowed in a car. Taking it easy on her until she's broken in. Can't put the Mr. Hyde plate on until the DOL (department of licensing) assigns it to the new car. There's a lot to learn about this new car. Thank you to everyone who has read and responded to this thread from way back when I started it. I was back and forth there for a while, but you guys supported me through this whole thing. You guys are like my online brothers!
    < That's my actual car there in the showroom.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

glad to see you got the JBM, that is my favorite color on the corvette especially the Z06!!!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thank you Sir. It's a stunning color in the daylight. This car has blown me away in just the 300 miles since I got it. WAY past all expectations, this car is like nothing I've ever owned /or driven. One of the neatest features on the car is the fact that you just walk up to the locked car, and it automatically unlocks for you, you sit down and push the start button. No fumbling for your keys, or pushing this or that button on the fob, just walk up, get in, push the start button, and this car sounds so badass when she fires, and just slip it into 1st gear and go.
    Then when you park it, you just get out and close the door, no locking it, or setting the alarm, it's all automatic. I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still have not put my foot in it, but the thing has so much TORQUE!

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Thank you Sir. It's a stunning color in the daylight. This car has blown me away in just the 300 miles since I got it. WAY past all expectations, this car is like nothing I've ever owned /or driven. One of the neatest features on the car is the fact that you just walk up to the locked car, and it automatically unlocks for you, you sit down and push the start button. No fumbling for your keys, or pushing this or that button on the fob, just walk up, get in, push the start button, and this car sounds so badass when she fires, and just slip it into 1st gear and go.
    Then when you park it, you just get out and close the door, no locking it, or setting the alarm, it's all automatic. I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still have not put my foot in it, but the thing has so much TORQUE!
    Im glad youre happy brother. You deserve it. Just remember, if you ever get to missing Mr. Hyde..... I have its twin and I'll trade you a ride around the block in it for one in the Z

P.S. - I was Az a few weeks ago and went to a dealer for some service and snapped a couple pics of a Silver Z06 outside, and the Blue like yours on the showroom floor.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

BE CAREFUL my brother! Remember that's how it all started for me. I was simply buying my wife a new Silverado when they had a [later turned out to be mine] Z06 on the showroom. I started thinking about it...and you guys all know the rest of the story. I wish I could give each of you guys a turn taking her around the block, I really do the car is really beyond words. It's better than I thought it would be. I can't believe I have the priviledge of owning this car. When I walked out of the Grocery store today and there she was parked there, and I'm thinking, I can't believe I get to actually walk up and get in THAT car! I know I'm being like a kid, but this is really a trip for me.
    Kids run up and ask.."How fast does your car go mister?" People actually speed up on the freeway just to look at the car. Guys, I don't need to tell you about the looks from the women.......

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I can't wait to see pics once you get it home, congrats
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thank you, I have it home, but it's been rainin' cats and dogs the last couple of days. I plan on taking a few shots of the Camaro and Corvette together before Mr. Hyde is gone, I have a buyer that's just waiting for his loan to be approved. In retrospect, I think I'm going to let the personal plate go with the Camaro, it just suits it so well.

I guess it's time to change my Stats on the car isn't it?

<

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Thank you, I have it home, but it's been rainin' cats and dogs the last couple of days. I plan on taking a few shots of the Camaro and Corvette together before Mr. Hyde is gone, I have a buyer that's just waiting for his loan to be approved. In retrospect, I think I'm going to let the personal plate go with the Camaro, it just suits it so well.

I guess it's time to change my Stats on the car isn't it?

<

Yep, change the status.

I'm glad you're happy with it!!!

Black
    94 hawk a4 02 hawk vertm6

I just read this thread from the start and i thought you were staying with the Camaro. I saw myself in this post when it came to me getting rid of my 94 hawk for my 02 vert hawk. I found away to keep them both!!! Nice ass car my friend and remember to keep the shiny side up!!! Oh yeah how bout some pics!!!!!!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

As of now I feel like a mini Jay Leno with 4 cars for just my wife and myself lol. It's just not feasible to keep so many cars, and the new Vette satisfies the Need for Speed, so Mr. Hyde must go to a good home. We will be listing the Mazda soon too, but if we don't get our asking price, I can easily see us keeping that car as I am not even fond of the idea of driving the Z06 in the ice or snow.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Hey I forgot, I still got a little piece of Mr. Hyde......haha i still owe you pics don't I.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

At first I couldn't remember what the heck you were talkin' about...then it hit me! That's right!!!!! Where are those pics!!! I bet those rims look sweet on your car! I laughed to myself when it hit me.
    *Note to all* This young man bought the factory chrome rims and tires from me quite sometime ago when I bought the 20's and decided to sell the original ones. He was to take some pics of his car and post them for us all to see when he got the chance.
    Foot tapping......well....where are those pics? lol

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    dude i just got chills, and you are now one of my hero's

A black on black C6 Z06 is my dream car. But when it comes down to the car you love, and the car you want, i see no shame in sticking with what you love.
    I just got chills twice, no homo. First because of the story, but then the comment was straight out of my heart

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information