Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Time to sell Mr. Hyde

Well the time has come, and really a lot sooner than I thought it would, to be honest. I've put less than 6K miles on the car since the total replacement of the motor/ and all the other mods. I've had so many Camaro's from my beloved first 1969 to my favorite 1967 RS/SS that I bought from the original owner who purchased it in Nov. 1966!
    This car (the current SS) has been everything I've ever wanted, and more, but I've had my eye on something since I bought my wife a brand new Silverado about a month ago....I can't seem to get it out of my head, so we talked about it, and after we sell the Camaro, it's time to go down to our friendly Chevy dealer and pick out our very own 2008 Black Z06 Vette.
    I'm gonna miss you knuckleheads!
    I will be posting the car with fresh pics in the ad section very soon. I have no idea what I should even ask for her, I know I'm not going to get anywhere near what I invested in her. Good thing I saved all the reciepts!
    Jim

green
    98 formula

Thats cool,but isn't the zo6 done for now? I thought the z-r1 was it.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

No the ZR1 is a limited production car, not intended to replace the Z06.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by drummer52910 View Post
    No the ZR1 is a limited production car, not intended to replace the Z06.
    I C

thanks for the info

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I know exactly where you are at. Good luck with it all
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

That sucks but gets better real quick!

Maroon
    2000 Silverado

truly sucks it has to go, but good luck with the sale.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I was getting pissed until i saw what you are buying

Yeah, the ZR-1 is limited production, and 100 grand

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

mr. hyde keep in touch and yes i will miss looking at ur car

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Thumbs up

Hope you have a bunch of pictures of that SS Camaro so after about a year or two you can go back and reminisce
    how much enjoyment it provided you over the years . Course , a brand new black Z06 is one hell of a replacement vehicle ! Enjoy , you lucky son-of-a-gun !

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Look for a update..(I'm running a little late this morning to type it out) on the test drive of the Z06!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

UPDATE: It started with an appointment to drive the car, as you don't just show up and say, "Hey, I think I'd like to take that Z06 out for a spin" They have to remove it from the showroom before they open, call your insurance company to verify that if you total the thing they will pay for it, followed by you signing an affidavid much to the same, saying you aknowledge that you are responsible yada yada yada...but before all that.

I drove Hyde down there, first time I fired her off in about a month (remember that) and when I arrived at my given time, I was greeted with the option to take a "regular" Vette out first, for comparative purposes you see. I obliged of course. Nice car, real nice car. handles as well as you would expect a new Vette to, and the new 6 speed linkage is tight, not that I have anything to compare it to, as I have never driven a Vette before.

I am trying hard to pretend to act interested, but as you would be, I just want to get back to that dealership as soon as I can! Finally we arrive, and he starts in with the, Now Jim, this is a very expensive car, and we wouldn't want to take any unnecessary chances with it. They don't even let us salespeople drive these! One of MANY more cautions to come. First thing I notice upon entering is the STRONG smell of resin! It is overpowering, not the nice new car smell at all. I asked him what gives? He had no answer, other than the look of "How many times am I going to be asked this quetion?"

Fired her up and my hands are shaking, everyone's looking at you on the lot. You can't stop thinking about how expensive this thing is, what if I crash it? What if some asshole cuts in front of me, and hits me? With my sweaty palm I grab that gearshift and put it in first, to hear him say again "Take it easy now" I ease out the clutch thinking "God, please don't let me stall this thing in front of everyone!" We're on our way...

The car is incredible! It feels very similar to the reg. model. The ride is a bit tighter, the seats are better, the cornering is right now! If you're waiting for me to say I slammed second and drifted it sideways, stop reading now, because you know that sales rep was like a nervous Mother. he couldn't decide to get excited over the possibility of a sale, or just as I was in the reg. Vette, just wanting me to get back to the dealership.

The truth is, unlike the car mags that most of us read, during a real life test drive, with nervous nellie next to you, you can't even begin to explore the depths of that cars abilities. It's a better car than you or I are drivers, I'll tell you that right now.

I rolled her onto the lot amidst more stares from different people, thanked him again, and told him that I now have concrete proof to drive home with...

Then I got in Hyde,
    Fired her off to the same crowd that just watched me drive in, no one looked, no one cared. The sweet rancid odor of unburned gas in the form of exhaust wafted by my nose as I backed her up, and then it hit me. As I was driving that Z06, I was thinking, I can DO this, I am actually, and finally in the position finacially to afford a car like this, the wife said she's good with it, the accountant said we're okay. Truly a dream come true.

Then I remembered what Z Roadster wrote up there ^ about the pictures and the memories. I took this Camaro from a bone stock run of the mill car to the 500HP beast it is now, and when I think all the stuff I've done, that morning the rod broke and launched the piston through the block, to the final new LS6 motor going in. Those memories of rolling up to a stop light to see a "car guy" in the lane next to me roll down his window, and turn down his radio, just to listen to the idle. Then look over with a smile and a thumbs up! When I think of how many C5 Z06 owners I've surprised, and the many memories in Hyde, I thought to myself, all things must come to an end, time for a change?

I got home, told the little lady all about the test drive, she said.."So what color are we getting?" I said we're going to stay with black of course!

I called the gentleman at the dealership, thanked him again for his time, and the test drive, and told him I've decided to keep my Camaro, thank you very much.

Gentlemen, can you forgive an old man who got wrapped up in the moment of getting a new car, and give me another chance? I promise never to stray again.

Thank you to Z Roadster for giving me something to think about. I don't believe I've ever even seen you in this side of the forum, must be fate.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    UPDATE: It started with an appointment to drive the car, as you don't just show up and say, "Hey, I think I'd like to take that Z06 out for a spin" They have to remove it from the showroom before they open, call your insurance company to verify that if you total the thing they will pay for it, followed by you signing an affidavid much to the same, saying you aknowledge that you are responsible yada yada yada...but before all that.

I drove Hyde down there, first time I fired her off in about a month (remember that) and when I arrived at my given time, I was greeted with the option to take a "regular" Vette out first, for comparative purposes you see. I obliged of course. Nice car, real nice car. handles as well as you would expect a new Vette to, and the new 6 speed linkage is tight, not that I have anything to compare it to, as I have never driven a Vette before.

I am trying hard to pretend to act interested, but as you would be, I just want to get back to that dealership as soon as I can! Finally we arrive, and he starts in with the, Now Jim, this is a very expensive car, and we wouldn't want to take any unnecessary chances with it. They don't even let us salespeople drive these! One of MANY more cautions to come. First thing I notice upon entering is the STRONG smell of resin! It is overpowering, not the nice new car smell at all. I asked him what gives? He had no answer, other than the look of "How many times am I going to be asked this quetion?"

Fired her up and my hands are shaking, everyone's looking at you on the lot. You can't stop thinking about how expensive this thing is, what if I crash it? What if some asshole cuts in front of me, and hits me? With my sweaty palm I grab that gearshift and put it in first, to hear him say again "Take it easy now" I ease out the clutch thinking "God, please don't let me stall this thing in front of everyone!" We're on our way...

The car is incredible! It feels very similar to the reg. model. The ride is a bit tighter, the seats are better, the cornering is right now! If you're waiting for me to say I slammed second and drifted it sideways, stop reading now, because you know that sales rep was like a nervous Mother. he couldn't decide to get excited over the possibility of a sale, or just as I was in the reg. Vette, just wanting me to get back to the dealership.

The truth is, unlike the car mags that most of us read, during a real life test drive, with nervous nellie next to you, you can't even begin to explore the depths of that cars abilities. It's a better car than you or I are drivers, I'll tell you that right now.

I rolled her onto the lot amidst more stares from different people, thanked him again, and told him that I now have concrete proof to drive home with...

Then I got in Hyde,
    Fired her off to the same crowd that just watched me drive in, no one looked, no one cared. The sweet rancid odor of unburned gas in the form of exhaust wafted by my nose as I backed her up, and then it hit me. As I was driving that Z06, I was thinking, I can DO this, I am actually, and finally in the position finacially to afford a car like this, the wife said she's good with it, the accountant said we're okay. Truly a dream come true.

Then I remembered what Z Roadster wrote up there ^ about the pictures and the memories. I took this Camaro from a bone stock run of the mill car to the 500HP beast it is now, and when I think all the stuff I've done, that morning the rod broke and launched the piston through the block, to the final new LS6 motor going in. Those memories of rolling up to a stop light to see a "car guy" in the lane next to me roll down his window, and turn down his radio, just to listen to the idle. Then look over with a smile and a thumbs up! When I think of how many C5 Z06 owners I've surprised, and the many memories in Hyde, I thought to myself, all things must come to an end, time for a change?

I got home, told the little lady all about the test drive, she said.."So what color are we getting?" I said we're going to stay with black of course!

I called the gentleman at the dealership, thanked him again for his time, and the test drive, and told him I've decided to keep my Camaro, thank you very much.

Gentlemen, can you forgive an old man who got wrapped up in the moment of getting a new car, and give me another chance? I promise never to stray again.

Thank you to Z Roadster for giving me something to think about. I don't believe I've ever even seen you in this side of the forum, must be fate.
    You my good friend, just became a hero to me. F-Bodies to me warrant more attention than a new Z06 ANy day of the week. Sure, that new Z06 is badass, sweet, powerful, and awesome. But you buy it that WAY.

green
    98 formula

I would never buy a car that made me nervous. Good call!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

dude i just got chills, and you are now one of my hero's

A black on black C6 Z06 is my dream car. But when it comes down to the car you love, and the car you want, i see no shame in sticking with what you love.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

So you're keeping the camaro and buying the z06?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

No Z06, just keeping the car I love.

who sacraficed all.
    in memory of those

Dude you had me going there for a second.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post

I bet that salesman was like

And yes we forgive you for trying to leave the f-body family.

Not many who can afford the beloved Z06 would have done that..I salute you

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Shit if I could afford the Z06 I'd definetly go for that....

Thread Information