Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Time to sell Mr. Hyde

This is a discussion on Time to sell Mr. Hyde within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Le mans blue is my color, if I was to order one and go to Bowling Green to get it ...

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

Le mans blue is my color, if I was to order one and go to Bowling Green to get it Id be getting a LMB mos def! I know how hard that decision is but so far Ive pussed out, "you only live once" has been my battle cry as well so congrats bro, Im glad you dont live in my neighborhood, Id HAVE to get one then to keep up w/ the Jones. Enjoy!!

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Well Mr. Hyde you almost made me cry. Then the next thing I thought is, I can't wait to see what mods you are going to put on your car now.

Ryan

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i hate ride along sales people and when im done they hate me too........

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Man I love my camaro but it cant compare to a Z06. If I could afford one I'd jump on that shit!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

We all can certainly appreciate what you've been going through Mr.Hyde . Those restless nights in bed when you can't fall asleep for thinking about that nice new Z06 you could be driving & enjoying every day . There's nothing like washing & waxing a brand new car , especially when its a Vette . And not just any old new Vette but a brand new Z06 for pete's sake . Any of us would go weak in the knee's for an opportunity to own a beautiful and wickedly fast car such as that . So now you've given in to your expensive temptation & have decided that life is not worth living without it & you must have it & therefore will not deny yourself the pleasure thereof . In the end it makes financial sense to not pour more money into a dying F-body that you will never recover even a quarter of what you've invested in it . Where as we all know any year Z06 will always bring top dollar . But then , April 2009 is a ways off so a lot can happen between now & then . We'll see ! Yeah , We'll see !
    Last edited by Z ROADSTER; 08-12-2008 at 07:16 PM.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

The new Cyber Grey is the choice for exterior color! A new color for 2009. The Dark Titanium interior is the choice in the LTZ package. You guys should take a look at what Chevy has done with the two colors in the interior, it is stunning! I'm not sure if I prefer the new "Spider wheels" over the 2008 ones yet, but I'll learn to love em. We've decided that April 1st will be the delivery date, as that is our wedding anniversary and our new Z06 will be the gift to ourselves. (I know April fool's day) But this is no joke.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

When you get it we HAVE to see some pictures....Too bad you didnt get a ZR1 that would be even more sexy.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

A ZR1! Those things are going for more than 100k! This car is all we can afford. We are simple middle class working people. We're blessed to have our home paid off early, hence we can consider a purchase such as this, otherwise it would be out of the question.

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

yeah man..the Z06 is sooo ho hum

sucks in da hoes as it hums on by!!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Quote Originally Posted by sic2001 View Post
    yeah man..the Z06 is sooo ho hum

sucks in da hoes as it hums on by!!

Monterey Maroon Metallic
    2001 Z28

I have no pic yet...this is my first time writing on here. I have an 01 z. I actually use the site for tech tips, but never really felt like I had anything to write about....until I just read Mr. Hyde's story....dude, you gave me chills and almost brought a tear to my eye. I almost had to get rid of my mistress (the Z) due to relationship issues, but instead.....I got rid of the girl!!! So, Mr. Hyde...congrats on stickin to the F-body.....they surely represent the darker side in all of us!!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Apparently he hasn't clicked on number 3 yet.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Any man that would rather keep his car than pamper some flea-male is alright in my book !

Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Black Z06..............FTW

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Now that black Z06 is BAD ASS! I'm still going to go with the Cyber Grey though. After the black SS Camaro, my wife's black Silverado, and my DD black Miata, not to mention our two black motorcycles, I'm too old to keep them all nice and shiny. April seems so far away. (April is the month we are going to take delivery)

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Now that black Z06 is BAD ASS! I'm still going to go with the Cyber Grey though. After the black SS Camaro, my wife's black Silverado, and my DD black Miata, not to mention our two black motorcycles, I'm too old to keep them all nice and shiny. April seems so far away. (April is the month we are going to take delivery)
    did i just read miata?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

*Sigh* Yes Miata, we've been through this before....follow me carefully. I needed a DD, and I wanted something that gets great mileage, but wouldn't bore me to tears. Front wheel drive was out of the question, so you tell me if you could have come up with a better car that wasn't from Europe.
    1.) Inline double overhead cam motor with variable valve timing
    2.) Fully ind. suspension
    3.) 6 speed manual*
    4.) Posi-rear end*
    5.) Leather interior*
    6.) 35+ MPG
    7.) Convertible
    8.) 4 wheel disk brakes*
    9.) I know...Chick car
    10.) It's black
    * All these are found on our Camaro's!
    I found this particular car on a lot with 10,000 original miles, a 2002 model year car, after Hyde sells, it's neck will be on the chopping block in late March. Two cars gone, to be replaced with one. If the damn thing only had some balls! It actually handles very well. I actually have two people lined up to buy it already. I talked to my Chevy dealer today, and he told me I need to put my order (read deposit) for my Z06 in no later than late January for an April 1st delivery date.

black
    99 z28 a4

i cant blame u at all z06 is a dream car to most us and even tho ive wanted my maro for years until i could afford it id trade in a heart beat for the z06... its sexy fast and classy and the name plate of being chevys top of the mill sports car... in ten years people will still know what it is... plus its 505 with warranty and makes panties drop...lol

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Well Gentlemen, as some of you may have seen, GM is offering that "Employee Pricing" again. This means that a Z06 goes for around $68,000.00 and up depending on what you want. We've decided that we can't pass up on this kind of savings, so we went to the bank yesterday to get our ducks in a row, talked to our rep about a 2008 instead of a 2009, seeing as the incentive only applies to 2008 model year cars. We are going to make an offer today on a 2LZ Blue Jetstream Z06 for $80,000 out the door! This is roughly $69,000.00 before tax, license etc...
    They have this car on their dealership floor, so we might actually take delivery of this car TODAY!
    Do you think I'm a little nervous?

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    UPDATE:

I called the gentleman at the dealership, thanked him again for his time, and the test drive, and told him I've decided to keep my Camaro, thank you very much.

Gentlemen, can you forgive an old man who got wrapped up in the moment of getting a new car, and give me another chance? I promise never to stray again.

Thank you to Z Roadster for giving me something to think about. I don't believe I've ever even seen you in this side of the forum, must be fate.
    I am SO with you on that decision!!! I love Corvettes and the Z06 is obviously a great car, but I have to be honest with myself about the financial situation. Yeah, I COULD buy one, but in the grand scheme of things, do I really get my money's worth? The sticking point about a 'vette to me is the lack of a rear seating area. With two kids, I need the 2+2 my Camaro offers. The enjoyment we get together in the car is something that can't be measured in a monetary amount.

Add to that, I hold the title. No payments, so any money I put in the F-body is for improvements. I have toy'ed around with engine ideas for when this LS1 gets tired, and I've decided to go with an LS6, LT's, bolt-ons, and a good tune. A middle of the road shot, or possibly a turbo, stays a possibility but more of a dream than anything. Lots of suspension work and a first rate paint job are mandatory (an SS spoiler will be added prior to. It already has a functional SS hood). The stock 16's will have to be replaced with 17's so I can have wider than 245 tires. All that together will get pricey, but once again, there isn't a car payment now.

To some that is a stupid idea, but when you have cars like ours and YOU are the one who decides so much about its performance ability, it becomes very special. You know that, as do I. Another plus is that we know what its weaknesses were. We aren't surprised by them anymore and know how to deal with them, or improve them. Imagine the problems that would arise with that torque tube arrangement on a Z06 if it proved to be a weakness. How are you gonna improve that?

Lastly, the new Camaro has become less appealing to me. Our cars probably mark the epitome of performance the F-body will ever have from the factory. The new one looks like it is bettersuited for cruising, not all-out performance. If I end up putting $25K in this Camaro after today, but I get what I am aiming for, I will be satisifed. Vehicle satisfaction isn't sometihng a Kelley Blue Book will ever be able to identify. I'm not doing it for resale value. Maybe that is faulty thinking to some, but I'm good with it.

I think you have made a good decision. Kudos to you for seeing past the car magazines!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information