Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Time to sell Mr. Hyde

This is a discussion on Time to sell Mr. Hyde within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; my dream car is a Jetstream Blue Metallic C6 Z06...

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

my dream car is a Jetstream Blue Metallic C6 Z06

01 modded gtp

Reading that put me in a good mood because it reminded me of when I was a kid and decided to keep my good lod trusty bike instead of getting a new $400 bike.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    my dream car is a Jetstream Blue Metallic C6 Z06
    i said black on black, but it really would be a hard choice between it and JBM.

Ive seen two here in town, the black one is totally blacked out, interior, exterior, dark tint, black rims, smoked lenses. and theres also a blue one with all the chrome trim, etc.

I just personally dont like the flashy look

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

With age comes wisdom my friend ! Lucky is the man who can be satisfied with what he has wrought ! Been there ,done that !

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thank you Gentlemen for your kind responses, and your forgiveness. The salesperson of course, has not given up and has given me several calls, for which I don't blame him with this economy.
    I feel that with Hyde, I've painted my own lil Picaso, and to start all over again, [with the Z06] as I'm not a guy to leave anything well enough alone...
    But I'd be lying to you guys if I said this decision was easy, or easy to stick with, I saw a beautiful JBM just yesterday at a different dealer I was driving past, parked out front, and that feeling crept up again.
    You guys wouldn't hate me would you if I............must be strong here......

arctic white
    97 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Well the time has come, and really a lot sooner than I thought it would, to be honest. I've put less than 6K miles on the car since the total replacement of the motor/ and all the other mods. I've had so many Camaro's from my beloved first 1969 to my favorite 1967 RS/SS that I bought from the original owner who purchased it in Nov. 1966!
    This car (the current SS) has been everything I've ever wanted, and more, but I've had my eye on something since I bought my wife a brand new Silverado about a month ago....I can't seem to get it out of my head, so we talked about it, and after we sell the Camaro, it's time to go down to our friendly Chevy dealer and pick out our very own 2008 Black Z06 Vette.
    I'm gonna miss you knuckleheads!
    I will be posting the car with fresh pics in the ad section very soon. I have no idea what I should even ask for her, I know I'm not going to get anywhere near what I invested in her. Good thing I saved all the reciepts!
    Jim
    traitor.....

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by jd1666 View Post
    traitor.....
    I take it you haven't read any of the others replies...particularly the one about him deciding to keep Mr. Hyde.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Thank you Gentlemen for your kind responses, and your forgiveness. The salesperson of course, has not given up and has given me several calls, for which I don't blame him with this economy.
    I feel that with Hyde, I've painted my own lil Picaso, and to start all over again, [with the Z06] as I'm not a guy to leave anything well enough alone...
    But I'd be lying to you guys if I said this decision was easy, or easy to stick with, I saw a beautiful JBM just yesterday at a different dealer I was driving past, parked out front, and that feeling crept up again.
    You guys wouldn't hate me would you if I............must be strong here......
    Go back to the dealership and take the salesperson for a ride in the camaro and make him understand why?

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

hyde ur one of my buddys on here and ur story almost just put me in tears because even though our cars are the lightest tightest things out there; they r rare i see corvettes just as often as camrys and this is in shitty conn. !! i see an SS here and there and i always notice. i love the ZO6 and any other corvette but alot of those owners are rich snobs who bought it just to show off there wallet, not a true passion car enthusiest. I <3 my camaro, everything about itall the people who see and here it always give me thumbs up and a "NICE CAR!!!" F-Bodys are deciesed and all of us here have history in our driveways or garages. We keep the GM pony car alive! so in my opinion.... excellent decision and plus now u got 80 G'S to drop on somthin else BOAt??????? hmmmm

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

I inherited a bit of cash recently and was in the market for a Z06, wifes consent and all as well. Test drove at Delillo Cheverolet and my guy was like "this is YOURS and any tickets you get". But as you can see from the sig, I just added a few mods to Bluecifer and called it a day. I would just speeding ticket myself into no license if I got that car anyway.LOL
    Last edited by sic2001; 07-22-2008 at 05:14 PM.
    GMPP LS6 crate motor,racetronix,Wilwood 6 piston,HID's,200mph speedo,full dynomat, GY F1's,17" Y2K, Alpine audio upgrade,3" ele cutout, LT's, catted-Y, full suspension

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Just imagine the shocked look on the faces of those Z06 drivers when you blow them & their big ego away with your F-body Camaro or Firebird with that Magnason Blower . Not to mention that big smile across your face every time a new Challenger or new SS Camaro pulls up next to you at a red light . No longer will we have to be content blowing away Mustangs & Shelby's . Good times are back .

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Just got back from a 4 day vacation in Canada, lots of time to sit and relax with the better half. We went and looked at the Z06 at the other dealership (online) because it's quite a drive from home, and it was interesting that a few of the cars they had were discounted by thousands of dollars online over what I saw standing next to them, for instance, a red Z06 was stickered at $70 something, online it was going for $66k! Brand new with 3 miles.
    I guess when I think about it, I just can't break out of the mold that I'm a F-Body guy, have been since I was 9 years old and my uncle brought that 1969 Camaro over to show me, and I eventually learned to drive in it. He gave it to me, and I've had Camaro's ever since.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's NOT the thought of owning a new Z06, it's just the thought of driving a new car, maybe I'll wait for the new Z28, I got caught up in the rapture of driving my wife's new Silverado I guess. This case is closed.
    If anyone cares to see the fish that got away, go to; www.chevyoutlet.com
    and look at their Corvette inventory, you'll see that beautiful blue Z06.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Just got back from a 4 day vacation in Canada, lots of time to sit and relax with the better half. We went and looked at the Z06 at the other dealership (online) because it's quite a drive from home, and it was interesting that a few of the cars they had were discounted by thousands of dollars online over what I saw standing next to them, for instance, a red Z06 was stickered at $70 something, online it was going for $66k! Brand new with 3 miles.
    I guess when I think about it, I just can't break out of the mold that I'm a F-Body guy, have been since I was 9 years old and my uncle brought that 1969 Camaro over to show me, and I eventually learned to drive in it. He gave it to me, and I've had Camaro's ever since.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's NOT the thought of owning a new Z06, it's just the thought of driving a new car, maybe I'll wait for the new Z28, I got caught up in the rapture of driving my wife's new Silverado I guess. This case is closed.
    If anyone cares to see the fish that got away, go to; www.chevyoutlet.com
    and look at their Corvette inventory, you'll see that beautiful blue Z06.
    Dude youre 10 years older than me and we have the same car. Its kind of like following in youre older brothers footsteps. Be strong brother..... Be strong!!

black
    1999 ss

Mr. Hyde I salute you! I would'nt buy a vette even if money wasn't the problem. Not that vettes are'nt really nice cars they just are not for me . To me F-bodies are the blue collar Muscle car and vettes are more the white collar "sports car". Maybe in twenty or so years I'll want a vette.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

As of this posting, I've decided to go with the Z06, and sell Hyde. I know that to some of you it may be a bummer, to others, you may understand. We all work hard, and to finally reach a place in my life where I can afford such an car, and to pass on it, well...I just don't want to do it. We go around once in this wonderful game called life. I have already placed Hyde in the "For Sale section" and he will be listed on Craigs list as well as various local to Seattle publications.
    We are going to wait until April to purchase the Z06 no matter when the Camaro sells due to prior monthly obligations. (read new Hot Tub-$1000.00 a month to avoid interest)
    It took some serious time to come to this decision, and now I am firm on it, hoping you all wish me well, and I'm hoping I can sell the Camaro soon!
    My wife went and bought the brochure of the new Corvette, no they don't give them away, they run $30.00 at the parts dept. [givemeabreak] and said she wants me to have the car of my dreams. Now we're even thinking of doing the CMD option where you pick it up in Bowling where they make em. I'd have to wait to see if I can bid on my vacation first. I'm kinda excited about this guys, hope you don't mind me actin' like a kid for a moment.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

As of this posting, I've decided to go with the Z06, and sell Hyde. I know that to some of you it may be a bummer, to others, you may understand. We all work hard, and to finally reach a place in my life where I can afford such an car, and to pass on it, well...I just don't want to do it. We go around once in this wonderful game called life. I have already placed Hyde in the "For Sale section" and he will be listed on Craigs list as well as various local to Seattle publications.
    We are going to wait until April to purchase the Z06 no matter when the Camaro sells due to prior monthly obligations. (read new Hot Tub-$1000.00 a month to avoid interest)
    It took some serious time to come to this decision, and now I am firm on it, hoping you all wish me well, and I'm hoping I can sell the Camaro soon!
    My wife went and bought the brochure of the new Corvette, no they don't give them away, they run $30.00 at the parts dept. [givemeabreak] and said she wants me to have the car of my dreams. Now we're even thinking of doing the CMD option where you pick it up in Bowling where they make em. I'd have to wait to see if I can bid on my vacation first. I'm kinda excited about this guys, hope you don't mind me actin' like a kid for a moment.
    Hey man, if I had the money to go out and buy that kind of car I wouldn't have trhought twice, and getting the car right off the line in Bowling green would be the shit, and you wouldn't have to worry about any jerk off at a dealership beating on your baby before you get it

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    Hey man, if I had the money to go out and buy that kind of car I wouldn't have trhought twice, and getting the car right off the line in Bowling green would be the shit, and you wouldn't have to worry about any jerk off at a dealership beating on your baby before you get it
    I know here in Louisiana they dont let anyone at the dealerships drive the Z06's.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Good luck man! Sounds like a killer car! I'd like a Vette but I have 2 kids that absolutely love the SS...once they can drive on their own it's a different story...my son swears he's getting it in 4 yrs when he can drive...LOL

Blue
    2000 Firebird

So youre going with the jetstream blue z06? Very cool man. Any way you can keep the SS and buy the Z06?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by silvershot07 View Post
    So youre going with the jetstream blue z06? Very cool man. Any way you can keep the SS and buy the Z06?
    Nope..that was one of the reason's it took so long to come to the final decision. We already have 3 vehicles for just the two of us, and adding another is just not practical. So we're actually going to other way and reducing it down to just two including the new Vette. I'm growing tired of watching driving a car with no balls everyday (Miata) when I can be driving my passion! I'm not fond of the idea of putting the miles on the Z06, again the lenghty time in this decision, but again, we go around ONCE! Just had a close friend die at 56, reminded me that you don't take it with you when you go.
    I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
    I may stick with black by the way....the jury is still out on the final color decision.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information