Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 241

Time for a new motor!!!!! INPUT requested

This is a discussion on Time for a new motor!!!!! INPUT requested within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS Don't worry about it not being a pro job. Couple years ago I had an extra ...

  1. #141
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Don't worry about it not being a pro job. Couple years ago I had an extra timing cover I was gonna get powdercoated, but after realizing how little of it you actually see I decided it wasn't worth the $40 I was quoted to PC it. Everything looks really good though. I do have one suggestion for a tiny improvement though. Have you thought about doing anything with the power steering pulley, painting it or something?
    ya i did the rear cover too i know no one will ever see it but i just couldnt help it. what color do you think would look good on the power steering pulley?

  2. #142
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Don't worry about it not being a pro job. Couple years ago I had an extra timing cover I was gonna get powdercoated, but after realizing how little of it you actually see I decided it wasn't worth the $40 I was quoted to PC it. Everything looks really good though. I do have one suggestion for a tiny improvement though. Have you thought about doing anything with the power steering pulley, painting it or something?
    Might as well powdercoat it too, since it's free at your buddy's shop

    2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

  3. #143
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    ya i did the rear cover too i know no one will ever see it but i just couldnt help it. what color do you think would look good on the power steering pulley?
    Black

  4. #144
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    ya i did the rear cover too i know no one will ever see it but i just couldnt help it. what color do you think would look good on the power steering pulley?
    Gloss black

    Everything else looks real clean and sharp, but the PS pulley sticks out like a sore thumb right now.

  5. #145
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Gloss black

    Everything else looks real clean and sharp, but the PS pulley sticks out like a sore thumb right now.
    ill see if i cant take it by tomorrow then, fix er right up. Thanks

  6. #146
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Ok so i just got a call from the head shop and he told me that they ordered the wrong vavle, and that the new one wont be here till next thursday!!!! im so irritated with them right now. so my question is should i put the motor in allong with the tranny, front suspension, exhuast, etc..... so when i get the head i can just throw it on. or should i wait and just do it all next week?? what do you guys think?

  7. #147
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Ok so i just got a call from the head shop and he told me that they ordered the wrong vavle, and that the new one wont be here till next thursday!!!! im so irritated with them right now. so my question is should i put the motor in allong with the tranny, front suspension, exhuast, etc..... so when i get the head i can just throw it on. or should i wait and just do it all next week?? what do you guys think?
    In my opinion, I'd rather have the engine on a stand when putting the head back on, instead of bending over the car.... you might save time, but your back and knees will hate you for generations to come lol

    The car's not going anywhere either way, without that head...

  8. #148
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    And now to make things better, i was just told that i have to come into work tomorrow. how jacked up is that. I was all ready to go on this cruise tomorrow and they up and tell me i have to come in. damn job

  9. #149
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    In my opinion, I'd rather have the engine on a stand when putting the head back on, instead of bending over the car.... you might save time, but your back and knees will hate you for generations to come lol

    The car's not going anywhere either way, without that head...
    ya thats what i was thinkin, but the other half of me just wants to get it done.

  10. #150
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams


  11. #151
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Click for full size
    oh you have no clue! im about ready to go postal. but all i have is a water gun.

  12. #152
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    The way I see it is you caught a cold working on your car in the rain and can't work Saturday
    Well guess who is taking your seat then


  13. #153
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    The way I see it is you caught a cold working on your car in the rain and can't work Saturday
    Well guess who is taking your seat then

    Click for full size
    she can still sit in my seat, as long as im it too!!!!!!
    im gunna try and get out of it but the gov doesnt really care what you have going on. but atlest i have a job.

  14. #154
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    she can still sit in my seat, as long as im it too!!!!!!
    im gunna try and get out of it but the gov doesnt really care what you have going on. but atlest i have a job.
    Yah it sucks but at least you have a job. You have my number if you can make it out

  15. #155
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Yah it sucks but at least you have a job. You have my number if you can make it out
    hey is there a GTG next friday? im gunna be down in SF area anyway.

  16. #156
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    hey is there a GTG next friday? im gunna be down in SF area anyway.
    Seeing as how your not expecting the head until next thursday this should be interesting

    There is the Concord gtg that I pm'd you a while back, and there is a late night get together that is in Daly City, doesn't usually get cracken until 10pm and I usually stay until 1am or later. AKA the childrens playground out there good cars, and good people.

  17. #157
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Seeing as how your not expecting the head until next thursday this should be interesting

    There is the Concord gtg that I pm'd you a while back, and there is a late night get together that is in Daly City, doesn't usually get cracken until 10pm and I usually stay until 1am or later. AKA the childrens playground out there good cars, and good people.
    i told the idoits at the head shop that they needed to overnight that part, so it should be here tuesday........... i hope!

  18. #158
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    The way I see it is you caught a cold working on your car in the rain and can't work Saturday
    Well guess who is taking your seat then

    Click for full size
    Never a day in her life has Adrianna looked less than spectacular

  19. #159
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Never a day in her life has Adrianna looked less than spectacular
    Amen

  20. #160
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Here you go Dr.Crash, I know you'll be sobbing when you see this sight.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: I need some input on a motor
    By 2fst4U! in forum General Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 12:11 AM
  2. Time for shopping, need some input
    By SMWS6TA in forum General Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 12:22 PM
  3. time for a new motor?
    By 01ssSLP in forum General Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 09:15 AM
  4. new motor time
    By boosted z in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 02:22 PM
  5. Time to start NEW MOTOR
    By EastTNZ28 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •