Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Time to lower, need to find the best springs.

This is a discussion on Time to lower, need to find the best springs. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'm now ready to start doing some lowering to my '01 SS. My birthday is right around the corner and ...

  1. #1
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Time to lower, need to find the best springs.

    I'm now ready to start doing some lowering to my '01 SS. My birthday is right around the corner and i'm wanting to get some good lowering springs for myself. I've purchased the Eibach Pro Kit from summit racing, but am now having seond thoughts. I'm now thinking of going a tad more aggressive with the Eibach Sportlines. So my question to all you suspension guys, what is the best spring? would you stay conservative or go super aggressive? Any input would be appriciated greatly.


    Also, my SS has the bilstein shock package, and the CME tips on the rear. It is also not daily driven this time of year. I have a '97 Z28 for that.


    Thanks!

    EDIT: this is how she currently sits:
    Last edited by Z28Nathan; 01-11-2011 at 08:36 AM.

  2. #2
    megs 02sunsetorangeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Decatur Tx
    Posts
    1,167

    sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

    when i lower im going with nothing but strano lowering springs and koni yellows. Go check out stranoparts.com a lot of people here would agree with me. i think some people have went with eibach and liked the stance but not the ride.

  3. #3
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    when i lower im going with nothing but strano lowering springs and koni yellows. Go check out stranoparts.com a lot of people here would agree with me. i think some people have went with eibach and liked the stance but not the ride.
    Thanks for the tip, unfortunately i've got about 300 summit buck saved up, and they do not sell the Strano's. So Eibach is looking like my only choice. unless i went with Their off brand summit springs. no way

    i see you live in Decatur, i've got family there.

  4. #4
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    Thanks for the tip, unfortunately i've got about 300 summit buck saved up, and they do not sell the Strano's. So Eibach is looking like my only choice. unless i went with Their off brand summit springs. no way

    i see you live in Decatur, i've got family there.
    With that $300 buy a Adj TQ arm as you will need it for when you lower your car. Then buy the Strano springs!!!!

    Strano springs FTW

  5. #5
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by youngrigo View Post
    With that $300 buy a Adj TQ arm as you will need it for when you lower your car. Then buy the Strano springs!!!!

    Strano springs FTW

    Is the torque arm an absolute need?

  6. #6
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    When you lower your car your pinion angle is going to be off.... So i would say yes
    1967 Camaro - LS1 T56 project
    2003 Z06 - Procharged and LTs
    2001 Honda Civic EX - DD
    2005 Kawaski KFX400
    2000 Camaro SS m6 - 523rwhp 468rwtq - (Sold)

  7. #7
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Must it be an adjustable, or do i just need a torque arm?

  8. #8
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    A non Adj is for stock hight.... Adj is needed once lowered

  9. #9
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by youngrigo View Post
    A non Adj is for stock hight.... Adj is needed once lowered
    Ok thanks. i will keep that in mind. On the springs though, i've done some research and the drop from stranos doesnt seem agressive enough for me. Are these springs a must?

  10. #10
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    Ok thanks. i will keep that in mind. On the springs though, i've done some research and the drop from stranos doesnt seem agressive enough for me. Are these springs a must?
    No they are not a must... But they are the best springs out there IMO! Ive posted pics of my car and i think it sits perfect

  11. #11
    TEKNIK Teknik_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UTAH
    Age
    34
    Posts
    160

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS #1469

    I had the pro kit on my SS for 7 years and the back end sagged, It did not sit level. I just swapped out for stranos this winter and I think it looks great!

  12. #12
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    this may help you on what you need. Adjustable Panhard Bar

  13. #13
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    this may help you on what you need. Adjustable Panhard Bar
    Thanks brother, this helps.


    but i'm still confused on what i need to start. the car is not, will never be tracked. Simply a cruiser. i'm just looking for a more aggressive stance.

    So to start, to get the car lowered and safe to drive, what exactly do i need?

  14. #14
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    Thanks brother, this helps.


    but i'm still confused on what i need to start. the car is not, will never be tracked. Simply a cruiser. i'm just looking for a more aggressive stance.

    So to start, to get the car lowered and safe to drive, what exactly do i need?
    i have been lowered for almost a year with no other modifications and problems. i have a since bought a adj. panhard bar to center the rear end. my car is also just a cruiser and i only put 3000-4000 miles per year without any drag racing. most people i have talked to have said adj LCA and relocation brackets are over kill for a DD. the torque arm may be something to consider but other than that a pan hard bar should serve what u want to accomplish.

  15. #15
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_SS View Post
    I had the pro kit on my SS for 7 years and the back end sagged, It did not sit level. I just swapped out for stranos this winter and I think it looks great!
    have any before and after pics?

  16. #16
    megs 02sunsetorangeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Decatur Tx
    Posts
    1,167

    sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    Thanks for the tip, unfortunately i've got about 300 summit buck saved up, and they do not sell the Strano's. So Eibach is looking like my only choice. unless i went with Their off brand summit springs. no way

    i see you live in Decatur, i've got family there.
    no problem! o well im sure they will work out for now.

    Thats cool did you used to live in decatur? i love it, small town growing extremely fast

  17. #17
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i have been lowered for almost a year with no other modifications and problems. i have a since bought a adj. panhard bar to center the rear end. my car is also just a cruiser and i only put 3000-4000 miles per year without any drag racing. most people i have talked to have said adj LCA and relocation brackets are over kill for a DD. the torque arm may be something to consider but other than that a pan hard bar should serve what u want to accomplish.
    Thanks man. I'll look into that. Now what's your opinion on the springs? I'm guessing Strano

    Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    no problem! o well im sure they will work out for now.

    Thats cool did you used to live in decatur? i love it, small town growing extremely fast
    I have not lived there, but yes, i do enjoy visiting the town

  18. #18
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    Thanks man. I'll look into that. Now what's your opinion on the springs? I'm guessing Strano
    i have the eibach prokit with bilsteins and love them except for the slight sag in the rear. the eibachs ride nicely and i love the stance but i want stranos to lift the car up some because i want to put 315s in the rear.

    sag can be seen in this pic. there is less room between the tire and quarter when compared to the front tire and fender

    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 01-11-2011 at 12:09 PM.

  19. #19
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i have the eibach prokit with bilsteins and love them except for the slight sag in the rear. the eibachs ride nicely and i love the stance but i want stranos to lift the car up some because i want to put 315s in the rear.

    sag can be seen in this pic

    Click for full size

    I see. I also have the bilstein shocks, on stock springs. as you can tell in my OP pic, my rear already seems to sag.

  20. #20
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    I see. I also have the bilstein shocks, on stock springs. as you can tell in my OP pic, my rear already seems to sag.
    yea i noticed that when i saw the picture. try out the pro kit and see what u think and get an adj. panhard bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Lower front of WS6 only (got pics)? What springs are best?
    By 5abi in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM
  2. Time to lower point me in the right direction
    By 98T/Aformula. in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 07:55 PM
  3. lower springs by using heat???
    By Unfrozn in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 01:53 PM
  4. Could lower springs help 1/4 mile times?
    By Kup98ss in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 06:33 PM
  5. so i wanna lower it...but i've heard there's more than jsut springs
    By third_shift|studios in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 07:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •