Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

time 2 say goodbye all......

This is a discussion on time 2 say goodbye all...... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If you can get passed his british humor.. check out the review of the Prius http://www.fquick.com/videos/Top_Gear_Prius_Review/3746...

Black
    2000 Trans Am

If you can get passed his british humor.. check out the review of the Prius

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Top_Gear_Prius_Review/3746

Awaiting Activation

black
    01 ws6

ya fuck that there are plenty of geos and cavaliers etc that sell for about 1500 bucks that get well over 30 MPG that I would get as a daily driver before selling my car, fuck that bullshit camry expensive ass hybrid for 35k the money spent on that shit is enough for gas for 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    ya fuck that there are plenty of geos and cavaliers etc that sell for about 1500 bucks that get well over 30 MPG that I would get as a daily driver before selling my car, fuck that bullshit camry expensive ass hybrid for 35k the money spent on that shit is enough for gas for 10 years
    And just wait until you have to put batteries in those pieces of junk,,,,you'll wish you never bought one.

Also not to mention,,,what is supposed to be an environmentally friendly car,,,,,what about all those damn batteries full of acid that get sent to the dump. Thats not exactly friendly either, ya know??
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-20-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Yeah I just have a 01 Sunfire 75th anny edition w/ K&N airfilter as my "fuel saver" ride. Have had it before I even bought my SS, but the thing is terrific on gas. When I used to visit my gf from Michigan to D.C. I had to make an 8 hour drive typically but only had to stop to fill up 2 times... think it was like 650 something miles or so....screw hybrids...high maitnence subcompacts...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by stimpster View Post
    Where are you getting 94 in Indy? The last Sunoco that I know of on US31South just changed to a Speedway. I can get 93 at Costco and probably some other places, but I like 94.

Thanks! I look forward to finding 94 again!
    I thought (dammit, now I can't remember the name of the place!) had a 94 octane pump on a different hose. It is at Lynhurst and Rockville Rd. I might go out and check later....

I am glad, even at $4 a gallon, it only costs me $13-14 a week for my drive to/from work. Summertime I sometimes ridemy bicycle, it is 5.3 miles one way to work.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Sorry! Camry? I wouldn't even admit that!
    hey I had a 2000 camry trd that put out 310hp before I sold it. that thing was fun. looked good lowered on some 17's too. but the new ones look ugly to me. I like the 270hp motor in the v6's though. good gas mileage and enough to pass on the highway. lol.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    hey I had a 2000 camry trd that put out 310hp before I sold it. that thing was fun. looked good lowered on some 17's too. but the new ones look ugly to me. I like the 270hp motor in the v6's though. good gas mileage and enough to pass on the highway. lol.
    TuRD!!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Alright, it is McClures. They were selling 94 octane tonight for $3.48.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I can never understand when I see someone shell out about $28,0000 for a car to save some money on gas. In the long run, and after adjusting for inflation, how much better off are you?

Seems a tad counter-intuitive....just my $.02

nbm
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    I don't care how much you can save on gas, each and every time I park my Camaro...I walk away...I can't get more than 15 feet before I have to turn around and take that last look. We all do it. Now tell me he's going to do that with his Camry!
    Gas saved with Camry; $18.23
    Knowing you have one fine ass car; Priceless
    Number of middle aged men who drive Camry's wishing they didn't; Countless
    Number of beautiful women who admire your car; 2 lol
    very true. my car has been sittin in my garage all winter. every night i go to the garage to get a pop beer or water and i can't help but check her out. hell I i got a 93 merc tracer with 230k. its rusty, looks like shit( except for the killer hubcaps i put on it) but it gets 30mpgs. i'll keep drivin a peice like it for a d.d. the z is way too much fun. the $ i gotta put into that peice merc still beats the monthly cost of a new car.

Sunset Orange
    2002 TransAm

Sorry to hear that you have to make a TOUGH decision like this.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Hybrid Camry (4 cylinder)= $3k more than regular Camry

Hybrid gas mileage = 33/34
    regular Camry = 21/31

for argument sake lets go dead in the middle ( 1/2 city and 1/2 highway)

hybrid= 33.5 mpg
    regular = 26 mpg

7.5 mpg better -- whoopedidoooooooooo!

Lets say you do the average 12K miles a year on a car.

gas @ $3.50 gallon

12k/ 33.5mpg x $3.50 = annual gas cost = $1253 for hybrid
    12k/26 mpg x $3.50 = annual gas cost = 1615 annual for regular Camry

savings of $362 a year with the Hybrid vs regular camry

But remember you paid $3000 extra for that model

$3000/ 362 savings = It is going to take about 8 years before the beloved hybrid will start actually saving you money over a regular Camry--

do you plan on keeping the car for 8 years? If so you will just break even.... Then each year after that you will save a whopping $362 a year. -- Don't forget by then you will need to replace those expensive batteries.

Don't fall into the Hype..

even if you drive 24,000 miles a year. It would still take you 4 years to break even on the cost of the Hybrid version.

I know you aren't contemplating the Hybrid vs regular Camry--- but same argument for any new car. People really need to do their homework before wasting their money.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Is he even reading these responses?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    Is he even reading these responses?
    nope, he's probably crying while driving his hybrid.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

I'd put a .45 in my mouth before driving a hybrid Camry. My condolences to your testosterone...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Hybrid Camry (4 cylinder)= $3k more than regular Camry

Hybrid gas mileage = 33/34
    regular Camry = 21/31

for argument sake lets go dead in the middle ( 1/2 city and 1/2 highway)

hybrid= 33.5 mpg
    regular = 26 mpg

7.5 mpg better -- whoopedidoooooooooo!

Lets say you do the average 12K miles a year on a car.

gas @ $3.50 gallon

12k/ 33.5mpg x $3.50 = annual gas cost = $1253 for hybrid
    12k/26 mpg x $3.50 = annual gas cost = 1615 annual for regular Camry

savings of $362 a year with the Hybrid vs regular camry

But remember you paid $3000 extra for that model

$3000/ 362 savings = It is going to take about 8 years before the beloved hybrid will start actually saving you money over a regular Camry--

do you plan on keeping the car for 8 years? If so you will just break even.... Then each year after that you will save a whopping $362 a year. -- Don't forget by then you will need to replace those expensive batteries.

Don't fall into the Hype..

even if you drive 24,000 miles a year. It would still take you 4 years to break even on the cost of the Hybrid version.

I know you aren't contemplating the Hybrid vs regular Camry--- but same argument for any new car. People really need to do their homework before wasting their money.

Yeah, but they are saving the world in the meantime. These people don't care so much about the gas saving realization, they are proud to drive these cars in front of other people (I guess sorta the way we are proud of our cars). I like to see them drive one, it makes that much more gas available for me. Your can take my V8 from me when you pry it from my dead, curled up fingers. Whew I feel better now!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yeah, but they are saving the world in the meantime. These people don't care so much about the gas saving realization, they are proud to drive these cars in front of other people (I guess sorta the way we are proud of our cars). I like to see them drive one, it makes that much more gas available for me. Your can take my V8 from me when you pry it from my dead, curled up fingers. Whew I feel better now!
    Good point-- most people are brain washed into the "Global warming" BS.

Look at me.. Look at me.. I am a good little liberal....

Leave it to the guilty arrogant white man, to think he can solve a natural phenomenon of climate change. LMAO....

I laugh at people like that--- It makes me feel better to know I am not as gullible as them.

But to stay on track--- I haven't did any research, but I recall several stories about how they are more harmful for the environment, when it comes to actually manufacturing these vehicles.

TOO funny-- a bunch of liberal, tree hugging hippies, actually doing more "harm" than good.

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Good point-- most people are brain washed into the "Global warming" BS.

Look at me.. Look at me.. I am a good little liberal....

Leave it to the guilty arrogant white man, to think he can solve a natural phenomenon of climate change. LMAO....

I laugh at people like that--- It makes me feel better to know I am not as gullible as them.

But to stay on track--- I haven't did any research, but I recall several stories about how they are more harmful for the environment, when it comes to actually manufacturing these vehicles.

TOO funny-- a bunch of liberal, tree hugging hippies, actually doing more "harm" than good.
    They are just as harmfull in the long term. Battery disposal becomes an issue, once they are around long enough. And the cost to replace them will have people screaming, You'll start to see alot of used Hybrids forsale when they start getting close to the life of their batteries

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    They are just as harmfull in the long term. Battery disposal becomes an issue, once they are around long enough. And the cost to replace them will have people screaming, You'll start to see alot of used Hybrids forsale when they start getting close to the life of their batteries
    Haha.. going to be funny when people are like "Oh crap." when they realize they screwed up.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Why'd you have to go and do a camry, that's my question. At least could have stuck with the bow tie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information