Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Question Thoughts on clones...SS,WS6

So I was thinking about doing an SS "Clone." I've added an OEM SS spoiler and ZR1 rims. All I would really need is a hood and the SS badging. What do guys think, is doing a fake SS tacky?

black
    2001 Z28

why not make it your own. I mean I like SS and WS6. this is what I did...................[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

black
    2001 Z28

when all is said and done you do what you like and who cares what we think.

Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

when all is said and done you do what you like and who cares what we think
    I know what you're saying. Just trying to figure out what route I'm going to go. BTW, car looks good.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Fake is well,um,fake.

black
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by sworn View Post
    I know what you're saying. Just trying to figure out what route I'm going to go. BTW, car looks good.
    this hood is nice and looks good on a Z28 IMO[IMG][/IMG]

Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Very sharp! I believe that's the VFN Sunoco hood...................I think the bolt on version is around $595.00

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Fake is well,um,fake.
    Sure it is. But, FWIW, they did this back when the 1st and 2nd gens were new too.

I say, if you can't afford what you want then build what you can afford...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sworn View Post
    So I was thinking about doing an SS "Clone." I've added an OEM SS spoiler and ZR1 rims. All I would really need is a hood and the SS badging. What do guys think, is doing a fake SS tacky?
    If you do SS badging and try to pass it off as an SS, yes, that is tacky. If you do an SS spoiler, SS hood, wheels and leave Z28 badging, that is not tacky IMO.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

IMO, i dont have a problem with it as long as you tell the buyer upfront immediately that it is NOT an SS

or else you're flat out deceiving people, and I would be really pissed off if I was a potential buyer [when you sell]

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Hood, wing, and wheels are fine, but adding badges to a SS or WS6 makes it tacky. Same goes for WS7 and WS9 badges...I'll never understand the purpose of those.

But yeah, your car, so do what makes you happy. I just hate it when people try to pass clones off as the real thing.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    IMO, i dont have a problem with it as long as you tell the buyer upfront immediately that it is NOT an SS

or else you're flat out deceiving people, and I would be really pissed off if I was a potential buyer [when you sell]
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Hood, wing, and wheels are fine, but adding badges to a SS or WS6 makes it tacky. Same goes for WS7 and WS9 badges...I'll never understand the purpose of those.

But yeah, your car, so do what makes you happy. I just hate it when people try to pass clones off as the real thing.
    Passing off a car as something it's not during a sale is not only immoral it's also illegal.

Unfortunately a lot of this goes on with unsuspecting buyers in the Muscle Car hobby. IIRC, the factory made something like 23,xxx 69 Z28 Camaros and there are around 50,xxx out there now...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 05-10-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

black
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post

you forgot the WS666 now that's just WRONG and all will go to HELL for having that on there car LOL jk

WS7 or WS9 is no big deal to me I know its not a factory car but a made up package.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

i dont see anything wrong with doing the ss conversion, it really depends on you. i did it on my red Z it looked good, lot of people thought it was an ss with z28 emblems, i removed the emblems on the side and just left the one on the rear panel..
    at the end i sold it because on my mind i was thinking it was a z28.. the hood and wing was OEM i bought aftermarket hood and wing it wasnt worth it..

i could post pix if u like,,
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Nothing wrong, but don't try to sell it as an SS.

Red
    '02 35th SS LE SLP#1084

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Passing off a car as something it's not during a sale is not only immoral it's also illegal.

Unfortunately a lot of this goes on with unsuspecting buyers in the Muscle Car hobby. IIRC, the factory made something like 23,xxx 69 Z28 Camaros and there are around 50,xxx out there now...
    That's funny, I thought the number was closer to 15K units, and I've seen well over 20K of them.

Jon

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Nothing wrong with making a car your own. Like said above just dont try to sell it off as something its not . And if its a camaro for gods sake please dont call it a maro. Thats like calling a chevelle a velle or a firebird a bird. IMO just plain stupid!!!

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    If you do SS badging and try to pass it off as an SS, yes, that is tacky. If you do an SS spoiler, SS hood, wheels and leave Z28 badging, that is not tacky IMO.
    ^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

black
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    Nothing wrong with making a car your own. Like said above just dont try to sell it off as something its not . And if its a camaro for gods sake please dont call it a maro. Thats like calling a chevelle a velle or a firebird a bird. IMO just plain stupid!!!
    again its your car so you do what ever you like and yes I agree about if you were to sell your clone to let the person know unless its a stealership LOL jk

so I see you don't like my MARO lol I don't see the big deal on this when theres nick names and shorten words when texting. vette, OMG, GOAT, stang and so on. theres no rules and its nice to see different things at times thats what makes USA so nice to have this freedom that we all have.

Thread Information