Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thoughts on clones...SS,WS6

This is a discussion on Thoughts on clones...SS,WS6 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I did what you are contemplating to do. I have a z28 and I put ss rims, spoiler, and hood ...

Silver
    1998 z28 convertible

I did what you are contemplating to do. I have a z28 and I put ss rims, spoiler, and hood on it. However I did not change the badging and I still have the original spoiler and hood in my attic to sell with the car or put back on the car when I decide to sell it.

I think my car looks way better now and don't regret it one bit.

Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

I figured there would be some pretty strong opinions on the subject. To be clear, I agree 100% to misrepresent the car to a potential buyer WOULD be immoral and unethical!

Considering I just bought the car last September, drove it for about a month and a half and then stored it for the winter, I'm no where close to selling it. Heck, I just started the modding!

The one thing that really bother me about my Z28 is the flat hood. As a matter of fact, it drives me nuts! I really like the clean lines of the stock SS hood. I guess I figured if I go that route, I might as well just throw the badges on it!

But from this point forward, let the record clearly reflect, I have a Z28 Camaro, not an SS Camaro!!!!! LOL!

BTW, has anybody else noticed when you use spell check it changes Camaro to Camry?

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

I would most certainly have to agree with the majority here. Change everything but please leave the Z28 badging. In fact, if you wanna be sneaky, remove the badging. But don't put an SS tag on something that it's not. That is a little dumb...imo of course,

And my fiancee calls camaros 'maros. It's her favorite car. So that got a laugh out of me =P
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by zeesnutts View Post
    again its your car so you do what ever you like and yes I agree about if you were to sell your clone to let the person know unless its a stealership LOL jk

so I see you don't like my MARO lol I don't see the big deal on this when theres nick names and shorten words when texting. vette, OMG, GOAT, stang and so on. theres no rules and its nice to see different things at times thats what makes USA so nice to have this freedom that we all have.
    i dont see anything wrong with calling a camaro, MARO, i call mine a camaro, but it doesnt bother me if some one call it MARO,
    sometimes i call mine camaron...lol..

vette
    velle
    bird
    formy

people call their cars like that no one says anything..
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

to make a z28 look good,, ss wing, and aftermarket hood.. sunoco hood or something similar, and it still a z28

black
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    I would most certainly have to agree with the majority here. Change everything but please leave the Z28 badging. In fact, if you wanna be sneaky, remove the badging. But don't put an SS tag on something that it's not. That is a little dumb...imo of course,

And my fiancee calls camaros 'maros. It's her favorite car. So that got a laugh out of me =P
    show her my car plz LOL and give her a hug for me LOL she ROCKS!!!

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    i dont see anything wrong with calling a camaro, MARO, i call mine a camaro, but it doesnt bother me if some one call it MARO,
    sometimes i call mine camaron...lol..

vette
    velle
    bird
    formy

people call their cars like that no one says anything..
    True, sometimes i refer to my camaro as the catfish. but thats not what it is. And well maro is something found inside the human body. Gm didnt name it that. May as well call it the cam. lol

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    True, sometimes i refer to my camaro as the catfish. but thats not what it is. And well maro is something found inside the human body. Gm didnt name it that. May as well call it the cam. lol
    lol cam could of been a good name for it lol...

i heard they decided call it camaro from the word camaron,
    i dont know if thats true.. i could make sense cuz it does look like a catfish lol

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

i thought about doing this mine but decided against it. no shame in having a z28 most camaro owners know there are only a few performances differences between the z and ss plus z28s can be slightly modified to look just as good. and in my opinion you should leave the hood stock
    Last edited by davidz28; 05-11-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

. and in my opinion you should leave the hood stock
    I respectfully disagree on that one!

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by sworn View Post
    I respectfully disagree on that one!
    haha most people do but i like to go more for a corvette style line i guess with the low sleek hood

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

again its your car so you do what ever you like and yes I agree about if you were to sell your clone to let the person know unless its a stealership LOL jk

so I see you don't like my MARO lol I don't see the big deal on this when theres nick names and shorten words when texting. vette, OMG, GOAT, stang and so on. theres no rules and its nice to see different things at times thats what makes USA so nice to have this freedom that we all have.
    You're right. Nothing wrong with correct spelling! Or correct punctuation. We must keep these kinds of thing for people who want to go somewhere in life lol.

On this website, we don't text. That is what makes America so great! This is not a ''u r o k'' type of message board.

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    You're right. Nothing wrong with correct spelling! Or correct punctuation. We must keep these kinds of thing for people who want to go somewhere in life lol.

On this website, we don't text. That is what makes America so great! This is not a ''u r o k'' type of message board.
    Too Fast you are 100% correct!!! Couldnt said it better myself.Amen!

black
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post

btw I mean by the way lol I think you forgot a S at the end of thing. things people who want to go somewhere in life lol.

I'm just saying

Back to the original topic please.
    Last edited by ZeeS7o7; 05-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    If you do SS badging and try to pass it off as an SS, yes, that is tacky. If you do an SS spoiler, SS hood, wheels and leave Z28 badging, that is not tacky IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998z28 View Post
    I did what you are contemplating to do. I have a z28 and I put ss rims, spoiler, and hood on it. However I did not change the badging and I still have the original spoiler and hood in my attic to sell with the car or put back on the car when I decide to sell it.

I think my car looks way better now and don't regret it one bit.

^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by sworn View Post
    I guess I figured if I go that route, I might as well just throw the badges on it!

But from this point forward, let the record clearly reflect, I have a Z28 Camaro, not an SS Camaro!!!!! LOL!

BTW, has anybody else noticed when you use spell check it changes Camaro to Camry?
    And I for one would be quick to say,,,if you are going for the look with the hood/spoiler/wheels,,,then throw the SS badges on it too.
    Otherwise the car would just look confused as to what it wants to be.

Those in the know will notice right away there are SS body parts on a car with Z28 badging, and it just doesn't mix. If you are going to do it,,then do it all the way or nothing. There is nothing wrong with cloning a car as long as you are honest, and as long as it's done correctly.
    Passing it off as a fake is rather difficult to do anyway, all you have to do is take a peek at the door jamb sticker,,,,No WU8,,,No SS. It's pretty simple. Buyers need to do their homework.

What bothers me the most about cloning, and I see tons of it myself being extrememly active in the classic car market,,,is seeing cloned cars that aren't done completely or properly.
    I can't tell you how many 69 camaros with Z28 badges I've seen with auto trannys, or 10 bolt rears with mono leafs, or,,,,well you get the idea.
    The same goes for SS camaros or SS chevelles, or SS novas, people stick the badging on and leave the rest alone or don't bother with the details,,,,,FAIL.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    And I for one would be quick to say,,,if you are going for the look with the hood/spoiler/wheels,,,then throw the SS badges on it too.
    Otherwise the car would just look confused as to what it wants to be.

Those in the know will notice right away there are SS body parts on a car with Z28 badging, and it just doesn't mix. If you are going to do it,,then do it all the way or nothing. There is nothing wrong with cloning a car as long as you are honest, and as long as it's done correctly.
    Passing it off as a fake is rather difficult to do anyway, all you have to do is take a peek at the door jamb sticker,,,,No WU8,,,No SS. It's pretty simple. Buyers need to do their homework.

What bothers me the most about cloning, and I see tons of it myself being extrememly active in the classic car market,,,is seeing cloned cars that aren't done completely or properly.
    I can't tell you how many 69 camaros with Z28 badges I've seen with auto trannys, or 10 bolt rears with mono leafs, or,,,,well you get the idea.
    The same goes for SS camaros or SS chevelles, or SS novas, people stick the badging on and leave the rest alone or don't bother with the details,,,,,FAIL.
    But see, I feel as though he's just going for looks. He doesn't plan to sell this at some huge auction or what have you. And if you really wanted a 'clone', then he needs to do stock suspension for the ss and all that. If he's going to mod it, even bolt ons, and just wants a sharper looking z28, then go put whatever pieces you want on it. But don't put ss badges on it because everyone you run into isn't going to stop you and ask to see your rpo codes. it's going to be decieving on a false implication. I mean to be honest man, you got better than a z28, or an ss. It's custom. Make it custom.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I keep the stock hood cuz it looks less agressive and I love to bet folks at the track. I even have stock rims to keep it understated...

All my mods are for 1/4 mile acceleration and do not detract from the "stock Z28" appearance...

Can you say "sleeper"....
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 05-11-2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelink erars...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

black
    2001 Z28

No rules on building a car! Guys have been doing it for years taking the best parts or styles off other cars or years and swapping them to make the car look better or changing things a little to make it flow. Like Chip Foose and all the work he has done and I bet every hater in here would run up to him and hump his leg LOL

I wouldn't put SS badges on my Z28 but that doesn't mean Sworn is wrong for doing it.
    Last edited by ZeeS7o7; 05-11-2011 at 09:52 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

No rules on building a car! Guys have been doing it for years taking the best parts or styles off other cars or years and swapping them to make the car look better or changing things a little to make it flow. Like Chip Foose and all the work he has done and I bet every hater in here would run up to him and hump his leg LOL

I wouldn't put SS badges on my Z28 but that doesn't mean Sworn is wrong for doing it.
    Will not "hump" Chip Foose's leg (or another male for that matter) under any circumstances...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information