Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Thoughts?

ok so i worked my @$$ off this summer and purchased my 2000 black M6 58k mile camaro z28 w/ ttops right? (i didnt just buy mine because it was fast, i genuinely love the car)

ok, well a good friend of mine wanted in on the whole "18 yr old needs a fast car" idea and ended up having his father buy him one (he claims he paid his father in full but i highly doubt it...) and it is a 98, black M6 60k miles (no t tops, no PEG, no power anything) for more than i paid for mine... purchased it a couple months after i purchased mine

to the laymen eye, our cars are identical.. with the exception of mine having chrome z28 rims and badges and new halo headlights, his has normal..

people constantly mistake our cars for one another... and fearfully our driving styles also......
    there was one instance i went to a nearby park with my girlfriend... upon parking, a raged older man raced into the parking lot in his BMW and parked right next to my car... to walk up to my window and yell at me to never drive like that down his street again that there are children and if i do it again he'd call the cops immediately... i looked at him and said idk what you're talking about, this is the first time i've been down this street... (i was going over 30 but not obnoxiously fast...) and while i said this to him... i realized it was probably this friend of mine with the 98 z28 because he lives near this man...

so thats just one example of what happens..

how would you guys react to this situaion... just out of curiosity?

Last edited by mammoth713; 12-01-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Not really sure. I probably would have defended myself like you and then if he continued to say shit to me I would have told the old geezer to mind his own fawking business and stay out of mine.

I was in my subdivision one time coming home and I had left it in first so it was kinda loud and some lady screams at me from her front lawn "slow down you asshole". Mind you, I was probably going about 20mph, if that. I just rev'd it and sped up a little to piss her off even more.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

i guess another part of my question is how would you look at your friend... in this situation too? like his car is literally a duplicate of mine... i worked for it, he didnt kind of thing.. got it just to be fast

Maybe rims and springs so it looks different than his?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    i guess another part of my question is how would you look at your friend... in this situation too? like his car is literally a duplicate of mine... i worked for it, he didnt kind of thing.. got it just to be fast
    I hate freeloaders. Work for what you want. If one of my friends got a new car for free from his dad (would never happen with any of my friends) I guess I wouldn't hate him for it, but I would certainly give him a piece of my mind if he ever rubbed it in.

Tell him he's like a fuckin juvenile copycat, and he needs to get a life.

Tell him that his shit is going to get you hemmed up one of theses days!

Mocking is the sincerest form of flattery.

2011 Prius

Do the 35th stripes in flat black, I think that would be killer. Punch him in tho nose if he copies.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Do the 35th stripes in flat black, I think that would be killer. Punch him in tho nose if he copies.
    lol.

my other buddy and me were jokin itd be funny if this friend of mine also bought a 93 buick lesabre for winter like i did... that would take the cake

but anyway... yes for summer i plan shocks/springs/grill/ bunch of other little items to set mine off a little... my headlights make a big difference obviously now

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Get a personalized tag too. Something that no one would confuse you two if they see it.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah id find someway to set yours apart....some kind of sticker....vanity plate....those are cheap.

if you wanna spend some cash get an SS hood, rims, something.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Spray paint your car white
    Guaranteed never to happen again

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Spray paint your car white
    Guaranteed never to happen again
    ahahaha i do like white... but i love the black/chrome combo just too much

i think it will set our cars apart once i get a z06 in a couple years hahaha

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

ahahaha i do like white... but i love the black/chrome combo just too much

i think it will set our cars apart once i get a z06 in a couple years hahaha
    OK, spray paint your buddies car white
    Always a solution

Get a silver stripe kit or something though

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yes, id say a red or silver stripe kit is your only real CHEAP chance of looking different. Most people aren't gonna notice the plate difference or little accents here or there. Me being a car guy I would notice your headlights everytime I saw one of your cars and know who it is. You gotta remember the common person wont notice things like that.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

yeah idk... i wanted chrome c6 z06 rims once these tires wore out and i got my money out of them... (so a couple years) but by that time i'll have a z06 hopefully.. so to me in the long run it makes more sense to just save up for that z06

btw hes getting chrome c6 z06 rims for x mas

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

yeah idk... i wanted chrome c6 z06 rims once these tires wore out and i got my money out of them... (so a couple years) but by that time i'll have a z06 hopefully.. so to me in the long run it makes more sense to just save up for that z06

btw hes getting chrome c6 z06 rims for x mas
    If you both have chrome rims there gonna look the same while your moving and while your stopped like i said most common people will jsut see shinny rims and wont be able to tell the difference.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

its obvious the headlights set them off since i installed them... it just kind of annoys me its the same color... if it was a different color i wouldnt have such a problem..

heres his

heres mine

Last edited by mammoth713; 12-02-2009 at 12:36 PM.

I like yours a lot better. The chrome wheels really set yours off unlike his. Tint your windows on your car. I noticed his aren't done.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

thanks! mine actually are tinted.. you cant see cuz i accidentally left the window down in that 2nd shot.. i love mine tinted

here is an older pic... prior to the halos (this is actually a pic right after i attempted detailing my car for 4 hours)
    Last edited by mammoth713; 12-02-2009 at 12:50 PM.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

i really love my t/a for this reason, back home none of my friends worked so they all had handmedown pickups or something, i never saw anyone else in the county had a red t/a,

hey if you do decide to do stupid shit, you can blame him, doesnt work for me closet looking car to mine was an orange gmmg ws6 with the hood stripes like mine

Thread Information