Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

thinking of trading my ss in for a terminator

This is a discussion on thinking of trading my ss in for a terminator within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Ya GM even filed for trademarks on it so ya I think its official. They just haven't made an official ...

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Ya GM even filed for trademarks on it so ya I think its official. They just haven't made an official announcement.

Me personally I can't wait to see if Ford actually comes out with this "boss" 6.2. Then the playing field would be even, no more, "you have more CI" or " you have a blower" etc.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Ya GM even filed for trademarks on it so ya I think its official. They just haven't made an official announcement.

Me personally I can't wait to see if Ford actually comes out with this "boss" 6.2. Then the playing field would be even, no more, "you have more CI" or " you have a blower" etc.
    Yep. In this months Hotrod and Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords the Ford S/C GT engine in a Roush Mustang (05 GT racecar) ran 9.30's and with the N/A 6.2 or whatever size it is, ran 9.0! So they are in fact making a new engine, that will make the New Camaro and Mustang wars VERY fun.

SILVER
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    We'll talk atfter you have had a 550-600rwhp LSX and then moved on to a Modded Cobra. Until then ..you know ZERO about Cobras. Not my fault GM stopped making F-bods in 2003 and the Cobra came out the same year. What would have changed? Nothing.
    uh I must be a DA because I would have swore that GM killed the f-bodies in 2002 which if I still can do math is 1 year before 2003?!?!?!

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_m70 View Post
    uh I must be a DA because I would have swore that GM killed the f-bodies in 2002 which if I still can do math is 1 year before 2003?!?!?!

A little excited there huh? Yes, they did make them up to 2002 so there were no models in 2003, word it however you choose.

SILVER
    1998 Z28

A little excited there huh? Yes, they did make them up to 2002 so there were no models in 2003, word it however you choose.
    I guess it shows who knows ZERO about fbodies and it took 5 years for ford to find away to beat a stock engine, wait they are supercharged aren't they??? Look I agree the 03-04 cobra's are badass but from 1998-2002where in the hell was ford and if you s/c an f-body which would be faster?? Simply put during 98-02, ford was gm's bitch and then it took FI to compete. Facts are facts and that my friend is the WORD.

01 Z28 06 Trailblazer SS nitrobusa's Avatar

Red
    2001 Z28 2006 Tundra TSS

Thumbs up

Valid point, bad argument. To have a good F-bod around $10K and then a forged short block AND the supercharger with supporting mods you are at 18-20K already. Now what about your rear, trans and suspension. My buddy is still stalling on his decision on a procharger installed from D'agostino racing for $7,900. Car was $10K exactly. Then he still cant run more than 470-500rwhp (8lbs) and he is still on stock converter/trans/rear/suspension.....another easy $4K
    For him to get his car to run with mine, he will spend EVERY bit of $25K+ car included. Im still doing this on a smaller engine no less. Hell give me the extra 1.1 liters!

Point is ANY 600-700rwhp car is gonna cost 20-30K to do it right.
    Then it doesnt matter if you have a Z or a Cobra. 20-30k will get you 600 so buy what ever you like........... To me I like them both. As of now I have 1 of 4 hardtop Red Z's made in 2001. as of today it has 18.855 miles on it. It also took 1st place at the local car show today. I love it and it also runs 11.30's.... Thanks

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_m70 View Post
    I guess it shows who knows ZERO about fbodies and it took 5 years for ford to find away to beat a stock engine, wait they are supercharged aren't they??? Look I agree the 03-04 cobra's are badass but from 1998-2002where in the hell was ford and if you s/c an f-body which would be faster?? Simply put during 98-02, ford was gm's bitch and then it took FI to compete. Facts are facts and that my friend is the WORD.
    Go ahead and get your supercharger and I will still walk you, guaranteed. You better have a whole new forged shortblock and cam to match your combo, as well as your supercharger. I will have a vid just for guys like you who dont even have 11 sec cars. My buddy will have his procharged Z28 with bolt ons and a 75-100 shot and he will loose from a dig or roll, stay tuned. As soon as HE is ready, thats the first race we are going to film.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by nitrobusa View Post
    Then it doesnt matter if you have a Z or a Cobra. 20-30k will get you 600 so buy what ever you like........... To me I like them both. As of now I have 1 of 4 hardtop Red Z's made in 2001. as of today it has 18.855 miles on it. It also took 1st place at the local car show today. I love it and it also runs 11.30's.... Thanks

The sad thing is there are more and more 800+rwhp 9 sec cars these days. Crazy street cars these days. 400rwhp is a joke now.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

The sad thing is there are more and more 800+rwhp 9 sec cars these days. Crazy street cars these days. 400rwhp is a joke now.
    yeah. hey jay you were in that thread on tech with hunter02ss and his cars...you know that twin turbo ss vs. the twin turbo cobra...now that was sick. i posted it here....http://youtube.com/watch?v=XNSpp6fKnLk

now there are a couple of american cars at their finest...you cant argue with anything in this video.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    yeah. hey jay you were in that thread on tech with hunter02ss and his cars...you know that twin turbo ss vs. the twin turbo cobra...now that was sick. i posted it here....http://youtube.com/watch?v=XNSpp6fKnLk

now there are a couple of american cars at their finest...you cant argue with anything in this video.
    Nope, LSX all the way! Id love that SS too. Im not too fond of Turbo Cobras, Ive seen big twin screws run better AT TIMES.

DONT FORGET! UFC on Spike 2nite...F R E E!

Pewter
    2000 z28

Nope, LSX all the way! Id love that SS too. Im not too fond of Turbo Cobras, Ive seen big twin screws run better AT TIMES.

DONT FORGET! UFC on Spike 2nite...F R E E!
    yes to UFC...always.

and yes to the turbo cobra. he could have made that with the twin screw!

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    yes to UFC...always.

and yes to the turbo cobra. he could have made that with the twin screw!

The Turbos usually make more peak but not until 4K sometimes and a T/S can gain a few cars by 4K. Id still take that 922rwhp SS though over that Cobra!

Pewter
    2000 z28

The Turbos usually make more peak but not until 4K sometimes and a T/S can gain a few cars by 4K. Id still take that 922rwhp SS though over that Cobra!
    exactly...and thats the whole problem. a twin screw would have lengths on you like you said. to his credit though, he had twin 57s. and the camaro had twin 60 trims running only 4 psi less, so i think the cobra would be way more of a beast if it had bigger turbines. but 804 to the wheels is a beast for sure!!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

omg, There are some many posts I wanted to quote that I completely dis-agree with. F-body's/ LS1 engine's do NOT respond better to mods then a cobra.

Everyone who is saying... Ford sucks ass blah blah... Need to open their eyes. There ARE other engine's out there.... that make HP. Impressive at that. There has been so much mis-information in this thread. You can definitely tell who understands, and the others who are just high on cloud 9.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    omg, There are some many posts I wanted to quote that I completely dis-agree with. F-body's/ LS1 engine's do NOT respond better to mods then a cobra.

Everyone who is saying... Ford sucks ass blah blah... Need to open their eyes. There ARE other engine's out there.... that make HP. Impressive at that. There has been so much mis-information in this thread. You can definitely tell who understands, and the others who are just high on cloud 9.
    We have found another inteligent guy.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    Give me a minute while I clean up all this puke first..............

black
    2001 Camaro SS

okay correct me if i'm wrong but u can get a great camaro for around $13-16. I couldnt even find an 03/04 cobra on auto trader but the GT's were up to about $22k average. so i'd guess like $25k for the cobra... that area. Get an sts turbo system! i talked to a guy who does it and he said it's abot 4500 out the door w/ a tune if you put it on yourself, and he said if you can install headers you can do this. this is also on a stock motor and stuff at about 6psi. and it gives 400-420hp at the wheels. and you'll have something no one else has.
    but if he wants a straight up trade do it definitly

black
    2001 Camaro SS

oh and i cant stand what whine that the cobras make. WEEEEEEHHHHHH..... u wanna hear PSSSSHHHHH

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    okay correct me if i'm wrong but u can get a great camaro for around $13-16. I couldnt even find an 03/04 cobra on auto trader but the GT's were up to about $22k average. so i'd guess like $25k for the cobra... that area. Get an sts turbo system! i talked to a guy who does it and he said it's abot 4500 out the door w/ a tune if you put it on yourself, and he said if you can install headers you can do this. this is also on a stock motor and stuff at about 6psi. and it gives 400-420hp at the wheels. and you'll have something no one else has.
    but if he wants a straight up trade do it definitly

Good idea but youre gonna need more like 500-600+ rwhp. 420rwhp is a K+N on a Cobra. Either way, a 600-700rwhp car will cost $20-30K in car AND mods, and thats a damn bargin for that kind of daily driven power in a nice car folks.!

White
    '10 ZR1

I am Chevy/GM to the core.......but to say that Ford "has to have FI" to compete is just absurd. I think people's emotions get in the way of the truth.

So many people forget that ANY car can be fast, why is that so hard to understand?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information