Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

Thinking About Buying This Camaro. Opinions?

Its a 2000 Z28 with 71xxx miles on it. The guy is selling it for 5 grand, and it has a Vortech Supercharger. Pics or a link will come soon. Looks flawless, and seems too good to be true

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

You run a vehicle history report??

That sounds like a great deal if everything checks out.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...srep=&engine=8 Cylinder&certified=&body_code=3&fuel=&awsp=false&s earch_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&mo del3=GTO&model2=FBIRD&search_lang=en&showZipError= n&make=CHEV&keywords_display=&color=&page_location =findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&body_styl e=CONVERT&body_style=COUPE&drive=&default_sort=pri ceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sor t_type=priceDESC&address=19335&advanced=y&end_year =2002&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=7000&ca rdist=2457&standard=false

Black
    2001 Camaro ss

..as long as it's legal documentation..are in order..no liens..you can't go wrong..

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

The carfax doesn't matter. I had someone else scam me with a real car and real vin. Thing was the car was on sale for 25k not $3800 by a dealer 3000 miles away from where they were. I asked for proof of ownership and got this reply.

Hello,

I would love to help you with the bank but the problem is all the documents are along with the vehicle at the shipping company in a sealed container and
    eBay advised me not to provide any documents until they have the funds in their possession.All I can provide you its the vin number maybe it helps you get the loan.
    I am sorry for the inconveniences and please let me know if you can get the loan without the title.
    Thank you

ford ranger

Looks like a great deal. Maybe to good to be true? Definitely worth a look.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

i wouldn't consider it unless i check the car out. Make sure the engine is cold, start it up, then let it warm up, i inspect every inch of any car i consider, then drive it.

ford ranger

^^ that. I would be very carefull with a car modded to that extent. Ask for the receipt and who did the install. I would even have it looked at by a respected tech. Not trying to scare you off just be careful.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

yeah a car like that you gotta drive cause they probly pounded on it..

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Gover beech, thats only a couple hours away from me. If everything checks out it would definitely be a good deal. Maybe the guy is just hurting for money. Goodluck!

pink
    02 SS

It's a scam.

Nobody would send the title of a car to a shipping company without signing it over to the new owner without being able to access it.

Or the guy is retarded.

Either way unless you can personally inspect the car before buying it (which sounds out of the question because it's in a "sealed container") I would pass on it.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Yeah, def don't buy if you can't see it first.

I had a similar situation with a Jeep a few months ago. The guy offered up and down to have it shipped to me, but there was no way I could drive down and inspect or pick it up myself. He also wouldn't give me a phone number.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

I've dealt with three other scams before, and i'm praying this isn't another one as i'd like to have this car. But for sure i will not be buying ANYTHING without a meticulous look-over and test-drive

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

looks like a scam to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28CamaroJG View Post
    The carfax doesn't matter. I had someone else scam me with a real car and real vin. Thing was the car was on sale for 25k not $3800 by a dealer 3000 miles away from where they were. I asked for proof of ownership and got this reply.

Hello,

I would love to help you with the bank but the problem is all the documents are along with the vehicle at the shipping company in a sealed container and
    eBay advised me not to provide any documents until they have the funds in their possession.All I can provide you its the vin number maybe it helps you get the loan.
    I am sorry for the inconveniences and please let me know if you can get the loan without the title.
    Thank you

That's a scam...

I was looking at a blazer forsale that was advertized locally, but got a similar response. Mine was this.....

Guy was over seas, couldn't register the blazer over there, but had it in a container ready to ship once payment was received. When I enquired to look at the vehicle,,,It wasn't local, turned out the blazer/container was over on the easy coast, ready to ship anywhere in the US to the new owner. Problem was, I couldn't view it. It also had a rediculously low price. I'm betting if I were on the East coast I would have got a story line about the blazer in a container on the west coast.
    Over the next few weeks the same blazer was listed forsale in various states, seemed to move around alot.
    Total scam....

I've bought alot of cars from various parts of the country. I've always traveled to view the cars, either by plane or truck and trailer.
    My best advice is don't bother with it unless you can take the time to travel and view the car in person before you spend. At the very most you would be out the cost of a plain ticket. That's better than thousands $$$$ for a car that either doesn't exist, or a total piece if sh$t.
    NEVER buy sight unseen.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Agreed. If you can't see or test drive the car, start looking elsewhere.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

definate scam. when i was looking for a camaro i dealt with so many of these. Always on autotrader or cars.com. they are always supercharged and awesome condition. easy way to find out: call the number or email them and tell them you want to pay for it, they will tell you you have to wire the money and will say something about the ebay vehicle protection plan. dont give them any money of course. also all those pictures are from some poor saps photobucket.
    Last edited by camaroluvr447; 02-16-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

Yup i'm pretty positive that is what is going on. He did say he is going to get the title today to show proof of ownership, but who knows how thats going to go

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah theres no way hed already have it boxed up, you know people are going to want more pics.

Or heaven forbid, a test drive before they buy

Black
    2000 WS6

Just be extra carefull, lots of scammers around trying to make a quick buck or two

Thread Information