Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

These mustangs know their place!!!

This is a discussion on These mustangs know their place!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hey r.barn, why would you *ever* put a turbo'd LS1 in a '64 impala? it's a free country and all, ...

  1. #41
    2nd-4th gen owner socmninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    137

    Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

    hey r.barn,
    why would you *ever* put a turbo'd LS1 in a '64 impala? it's a free country and all, I was just wondering

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    5

    maroon
    89 / 5.8L

    Quote Originally Posted by socmninja View Post
    hey r.barn,
    why would you *ever* put a turbo'd LS1 in a '64 impala? it's a free country and all, I was just wondering
    new age muscle in old school muscle is in these days

    personally i like this 572 big block for him, but he's being a chicken
    http://videos.streetfire.net:80/vide...5c017fcff8.htm

    he has bad ass stock '64 in near mint condition
    with the original power glide trans, been begging him to freak it out.

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    5

    maroon
    89 / 5.8L

    Quote Originally Posted by socmninja View Post
    hey r.barn,
    why would you *ever* put a turbo'd LS1 in a '64 impala? it's a free country and all, I was just wondering
    New age LS1's in old school muscle is in these days
    Personally I want him to do a big block, but he's being a chicken
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...5c017fcff8.htm

    It's still original mint condition stock with original power glide trans
    so he's a little hesitant on doing anything to it.

  4. #44
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by socmninja View Post
    hey r.barn,
    why would you *ever* put a turbo'd LS1 in a '64 impala? it's a free country and all, I was just wondering
    hey socm, why the hell wouldnt you want an ls1 in anything, new or old?

  5. #45
    2nd-4th gen owner socmninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    137

    Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

    well, because it would cost an arm and a leg for an LS1 turbo'd and to put it in a car that'll never really be fast is just beyond me. again, it's a free country and you can do whatever you want with your money. i'm just saying that because i don't have much and what little i have i like to count the most. just saying that there are lighter, better handling cars that you could put one in.

  6. #46
    Member WARP211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    FairField, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    398

    RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

    Talking

    I seen an impala with 1000hp twin turbo setup.. I don't remember what kind of engine was in it..But it had Air suspension in it.. Man that shit was tight.. I think it was in a chevy high perfomance mag..

  7. #47
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by socmninja View Post
    well, because it would cost an arm and a leg for an LS1 turbo'd and to put it in a car that'll never really be fast is just beyond me. again, it's a free country and you can do whatever you want with your money. i'm just saying that because i don't have much and what little i have i like to count the most. just saying that there are lighter, better handling cars that you could put one in.
    any "car" a turboed v8 like the ls1 goes into is going to haul ass if the suspension is brought into the new age. there is a 69 camaro with the ls1 and the tremec around my town with true duals and its a 12 second car. it really comes down to the nostalgic factor when doing a late model engine swap into a first gen. i understand you want your mods to count but youre confused if you think a turbo'd ls1 wont break that car into the 11 probably (dependant upon the set up). plus if someone has the finances to do this kind of swap im sure they arent to worried about pinching pennies for go-fast parts. rich bastards.............

  8. #48
    Member Ripper415's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    32
    Posts
    378

    Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

    my question is why are mustang guys on fbody forums and visa versa? i clicked on the link in the first post just to see what the big deal was but after about 10 mins just said screw it and closed the page. i already spend several hours a week on 2 or 3 fbody forums, so why the hell would i (or anyone else for that matter) want to spend even more time on forums for cars we dont even have and whose members basically just diss us? i mean i guess if you didnt have a job or go to school and just sat around at your computer all day it would be a good change from the porn sites lol.

  9. #49
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    I don't mind car owners of the competition being here. I know others do, but I'm a car guy and I like cars other than LSX powered ones. I like to hear about and know what the other guys are running. I don't post on the other boards, but will read stuff.

  10. #50
    Junior Member SmokedSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fresno CA
    Posts
    9

    RED
    95 TRANS AM

    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    First of all an SS is not a Z28 w/ a diff hood.


    an SS has the LS1 engine in it and will probably beat a stock '05 GT 90% of the time. Now through in a tune and CAI possibly alittle more and you could prob. hang in there or even win.

    the Z28 has the LT1 engine which only runs a 14.0 ET.

    So there you go.



    Wow I guess all this time my z28 has had an LT1. Sorry guys I must leave this site now and go to LT1.com.
    Well it looks like u guys r stupid,z28s have the LS1 engine too,it all depends on the year,i have an 00 Z28 with an LS1 and i have a 95 Trans Am with an LT1,u guys are Fu**in weird

  11. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Its true. We know not to fuck with the LS1s. However LT1s aren't anything I personally worry about. Any Mustang owner that isn't a "Ford" guy like myself. (In other words I like Mustangs/Cobras but thats the only ford product I would buy.) They will tell you the LS1>4.6 2v/4v.

    However I don't see why you guys have to be so ignorant about it. You know your car is faster. Just let it go, and get along with the other domestics.

    IDK, just bother me I guess. I have respect for all cars. I love my Camaros/Mustangs as much as I love my STIs/EVOs.

    Some are faster then others, get over it.

  12. #52
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by lvlustang View Post
    Its true. We know not to fuck with the LS1s. However LT1s aren't anything I personally worry about. Any Mustang owner that isn't a "Ford" guy like myself. (In other words I like Mustangs/Cobras but thats the only ford product I would buy.) They will tell you the LS1>4.6 2v/4v.

    However I don't see why you guys have to be so ignorant about it. You know your car is faster. Just let it go, and get along with the other domestics.

    IDK, just bother me I guess. I have respect for all cars. I love my Camaros/Mustangs as much as I love my STIs/EVOs.

    Some are faster then others, get over it.
    i dont think were ignorant... i just thought the thread was funny how they wre like ", ls1!"

  13. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Also, 90% of those people on mustangforums are 17 year old kids. They're moms bought them the cars.

    Don't even bother with them dumbasses. I like the LS1 community already. Most of you know your shit.

  14. #54
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by lvlustang View Post
    Also, 90% of those people on mustangforums are 17 year old kids. They're moms bought them the cars.

    Don't even bother with them dumbasses. I like the LS1 community already. Most of you know your shit.
    i dont really know my shit.... but i wont be an ass, so i guess its all good.

  15. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Sorry to steal the thread folks, but what body kit is SOCMNINJA sporting?

    I love that body style. Looks even sexier then my Stang

  16. #56
    Junior Member Albert87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fresno CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    61

    Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

    Quote Originally Posted by lvlustang View Post
    Also, 90% of those people on mustangforums are 17 year old kids. They're moms bought them the cars.

    Don't even bother with them dumbasses. I like the LS1 community already. Most of you know your shit.
    That shit sounds funny,HAHAHAHA

  17. #57
    Junior Member SmokedSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fresno CA
    Posts
    9

    RED
    95 TRANS AM

    Sorry if i offended anybody

  18. #58
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokedSS View Post
    Sorry if i offended anybody
    I don't remember what you said and it's the internet so if you did who cares!

  19. #59
    Junior Member Jasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Norman, Ok.
    Age
    39
    Posts
    28

    Silver
    1998 SS

    Mustangs around here always want to race camaro's we even have a camaro/mustang shoot out at the local drag strip each year. Some mustangs are mean some camaros are mean. It all comes down to the driver and the mechanic that has been under the hood.

    I also bounce around I have more friends with stangs than f-bods. So take this debate to the street we all love fast carsr or we wouldnt be on the forum to start with. Good luck to all the drivers.....

  20. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasin View Post
    Mustangs around here always want to race camaro's we even have a camaro/mustang shoot out at the local drag strip each year. Some mustangs are mean some camaros are mean. It all comes down to the driver and the mechanic that has been under the hood.

    I also bounce around I have more friends with stangs than f-bods. So take this debate to the street we all love fast carsr or we wouldnt be on the forum to start with. Good luck to all the drivers.....
    Its car enthusiasts like this guy that I like.

    I am the same way, I give respect to where it is due.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2 mustangs
    By ls1wallen in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 08:39 AM
  2. mustangs
    By 35thAnniZ28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 07:06 AM
  3. New Mustangs
    By KM02SS in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 06:27 PM
  4. Mustangs...
    By ls1kid20 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 12:27 AM
  5. WTF with Mustangs
    By ur jlus in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 07:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •