Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Texas Speed True Duals

hi guys,

later this summer i plan to have a cam/heads/exhaust installed at Livernois, the kit comes with a ypipe, but i would like to have the Texas Speed Rumbler X True Duals with bullets. i currently have a magnaflow catback with stock manifolds

I drive my car mostly on the weekends, how much louder would the magnaflow catback be with the new headers and y pipe(no cats) from a stock manifold - magnaflow catback setup that i currently have?

i'd love to have the true duals, but i afraid of it being too loud for extended drives i(n 6th gear) and around town...(you know... the Po po)

i see lots of peeps have the true duals but, not alot of them complain about the noise... thing is.. they might sound badass from outside.. but could be butt numbing on the inside...

what are your opinions?

thanks!

2002 Camaro Z28

I have long tubes with off road Y pipe and magnaflow and I love the way it sounds. You can carry on a conversation while cruising but it can be loud when you want it to be. But if I could do it over again I think I would do true duals because sometimes I catch myself wishing it was louder. It is all personal prefference though.
    Junkyard bought and "refurbished" 2002 Camaro Z28 - Pacetter Race LT's, TS&P ORY, Frost tune, Magnaflow, Ported TB, SLP Lid, Circle D 3000, 3.73's, SFC's.
    2009 Silverado Z71 - Magnaflow
    2008 Impala LTZ - Wife didn't want the V8 SS!

Black
    1998 Z-28

Im with JunkyardZ. I have long tubes with bullets, its quiet when you want it to be, and it can scream when you want it to! Mine turn down in front of the rearend, and it's not that loud. If you wanted it quieter turn them down behind the rearend or take them all of the way out the back.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

interior cab noise isn't that bad, highway driving isn't as annoying as you think. plus the females dont complain about the stronger vibrations

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Im with JunkyardZ. I have long tubes with bullets, its quiet when you want it to be, and it can scream when you want it to! Mine turn down in front of the rearend, and it's not that loud. If you wanted it quieter turn them down behind the rearend or take them all of the way out the back.
    +1
    If you keep your foot out of it, its no so bad. You put your foot in it and it can get real loud. Mine dump in front of the rearend as well.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

thanks alot guys for the input.. true duals it is!!!

Thread Information