Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Tearing my Z apart tomorow

Well guys Wish me luck, tomorow Im Droping my t56 and sending it out to tick performance for some upgrades, Doing Sarge's PCV mod, and Installing my LS7 clutch kit, slave, and master cylinder as well as the Rear main and pilot bushing just for extra insurance while the trans is enroute to tick. Any advice is welcome!!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I am wondering where did you get the LS7 clutch, what part numbers, etc. I am doing the same thing you are this winter and am shopping for a new clutch/pressure plate/flywheel. Are you keeping your flywheel stock or what? Let me know what you are doing on that end of it all, thanks buddy!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    I am wondering where did you get the LS7 clutch, what part numbers, etc. I am doing the same thing you are this winter and am shopping for a new clutch/pressure plate/flywheel. Are you keeping your flywheel stock or what? Let me know what you are doing on that end of it all, thanks buddy!
    Heres all the part numbers.
    Flywheel
    Clutch kit aka disc and pressure plate

The below parts aren't manditory but I'd recomend doing them while you have it appart
    Rear Main Seal
    Slave Cylinder
    pilot bearing
    -Cant find the P/n but any gm dealer has it for $12.00

The flywheel has to be changed and I would recomend buying the arp bolts for the flywheel and press plate while you have it torn down. Check your PMs on pricing. I can hook you up!
    Last edited by Justin93; 09-11-2008 at 03:57 PM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I am interested to since I am doing all of the same mods

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

I also decieded to go ahead and do the pcv mod and catch can. I just picked up the ls6 valley cover yesterday and will be doing it tomorrow!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I may have to come check out your setup one day here, I am wanting to do that pcv catch like sarge has too. Def. keep me posted on how that goes. Thanks!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    I may have to come check out your setup one day here, I am wanting to do that pcv catch like sarge has too. Def. keep me posted on how that goes. Thanks!
    When I did the pcv mod I had to do the LS6 valley cover as well. Due to me not getting the Transmission shipped out untill today! I was informed I may not see it untill the begining of next week!!! I do plan on making a summit run on the 26th with the Z, i'll keep u updated! The PCV mod was Very very simple to do and the only reason took me 2 hrs is because those rear intake manifold bolts are a SOB to get to!
    Last edited by Justin93; 09-15-2008 at 11:32 AM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    When I did the pcv mod I had to do the LS6 valley cover as well. Due to me not getting the Transmission shipped out untill today! I was informed I may not see it untill the begining of next week!!! I do plan on making a summit run on the 26th with the Z, i'll keep u updated! The PCV mod was Very very simple to do and the only reason took me 2 hrs is because those rear intake manifold bolts are a SOB to get to!
    Do you all have a link to this PCV mod that Sarge has done?

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

I do!

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81389

One thing I didnt see mentioned in the link was the fact that you do need the LS6 valley cover to be able to copy his PCV system exactly!
    Last edited by Justin93; 09-15-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Send me a pm when you come to Summit, I live about ten doors down from Summit. Thanks!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

a little advice for you guys! dont ever ever break that clutch pedal spring when you put in a new master! it cost $50 and is a TOTAL SOB to put back in!!!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

a little advice for you guys! dont ever ever break that clutch pedal spring when you put in a new master! it cost $50 and is a TOTAL SOB to put back in!!!!!
    How did you do that?

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    How did you do that?

I compress themiddle section between the Springs till it was almost even with the legs and zip tied it into that position. Then I went under the dash poped the spring legs int the plastic bushing and fliped the center section up into the slot on the top ot the clutch pedal. Then once I was sure it was seated I cut the wire tie off with some snips and it locked into place. It took a few tried but I got it!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I compress themiddle section between the Springs till it was almost even with the legs and zip tied it into that position. Then I went under the dash poped the spring legs int the plastic bushing and fliped the center section up into the slot on the top ot the clutch pedal. Then once I was sure it was seated I cut the wire tie off with some snips and it locked into place. It took a few tried but I got it!!
    No, I meant, how did you break it?

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Well Im not too sure honestly I had got the master cylinder off the clutch pedal and pulled it out through the firewall and called it a night. I didn't notice half of broken spring untill the next morning when it was laying on the drivers side floor. I looked up under the dash and sure enough the other half was sill attached to the pedal. I hear they break pretty easily just from normal driving!!!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

ugh I hate DHL, They were supposed to have delievered my T-56 to tick performance yeasterday and from the looks of it they still havent delievered it today!!!! Welp looks like the Boss man is gonna give me a Big ass chewing Come Wednesday when the car is still sitting at work!!!!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Well guys I picked up my buddys built transmission last night since I could no longer wait for mine from the shop due to my boss being up my ass. Im as giddy as a little kid in a toy store lol. I can't wait to put it in!!!!!!! Also if any of you guys need a new trans The one I sent in to be rebuilt will be here next week. I have it for sale in the forsale section of the board!!! wish me luck on install and bleeding the clutch, Im gonna need it lol!!!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

I got the Z running now, The LS7 clutch setup is very very nice and the new t56 shifts like a dream with the B&M short throw! I had a few engine codes at first that were totaly unrelated to the clutch swap that are now taken care of, but man after 3 weeks of having to drive my shitty 4 banger eclipse this car feels like a fighter jet lol!

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

What are the benefits of upgrading? What was your total cost (less t56 costs)?

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

well the ls7 clutch can handle alot more hp than what the stock unit can. You figure the LS7 puts out about 505 hp so thats maybe 470 RWHP, It should have no sweat handling my puny 350 RWHP that I have at the moment and still have room to grow.

My total cost for the Clutch kit ,arp flywheel and pressure plate bolts,mastercylinder (optional but recommended), slave cylinder (optional but recommended) came to about $550 with tax due to my place of work being a gm parts vendor. Id say look to spend about $650 without special pricing.

Thread Information