Thread: tcs

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

tcs

my buddy has a 2000 ss a4 and it doesnt have a button for the tcs but his car obviously has tcs cause it bogs down real bad when you get on from a stop.... does anyone know of a place to get a module to either delete the tcs or atleast give him the button

red
    1999 camaro Z28

rksport and others have a device that plugs into the switch and reverses the action of it so that by default tcs does not come on. If the wiring is there for tcs, he might hook up this device. Might have to get the switch from the dealer. Odd that there is no switch, though.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

How do you know that it "obviously" has it when there is no switch on the dash above the radio? Have you looked under the hood to see if it's there? If you know what to look for it's way obvious as to whether the car has it or not..

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    How do you know that it "obviously" has it when there is no switch on the dash above the radio? Have you looked under the hood to see if it's there? If you know what to look for it's way obvious as to whether the car has it or not..
    I agree, post a pic of the engine bay and we will tell you if it has TCS or not.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

red
    2002 SS

well i found out by calling slp that i dont have tcs i have something called torque management system.... which would explain why i dont have a switch and the only way to get rid of it is with a programmer so i bought a diablo tuner that should be here soon. and what i meant by obvious is the fact that the car bogs down off the line really bad and my low trac light comes on

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

All A4's have a torque management program. Depending on whether it's programmed correctly it may exhibit the conditions you've detailed. I have TM programmed out of my A4.

Even before I programmed it out (turned it off) I didn't have a problem with it bogging down or doing a burnout. I'm guessing it's programmed incorrectly.

red
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    All A4's have a torque management program. Depending on whether it's programmed correctly it may exhibit the conditions you've detailed. I have TM programmed out of my A4.

Even before I programmed it out (turned it off) I didn't have a problem with it bogging down or doing a burnout. I'm guessing it's programmed incorrectly.
    i know it had the computer flashed pretty recently

Thread Information