Blog Entries

Red
    98 Camaro SS

To sum it all up!!!! Need input

..jst tryna do sum reasearch for this car im dropping a v8 into a v6 camaro shell cuz my 3.8 blew thanx to my brother n my cuzin Gave me his
    LS1 wit 48,000 miles on it for free...n my cars a stick so i was jst wounderin...im doin all da wrk myself n im jst tryna figure out wut all do i need to complete this job as far as mounts harnesses computers n shit like dat...my cuzins bascially jst giving me his camaro cuz he totaled it n its been sitting n his yard n he told me to take wutever i wanted off da car so i gt a free parts car u cn say...i jst need a lil more assurance wit this motor wut all do i need for this swap to go dwn rite?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

What year is your car? What year is his car? This is necessary so you'll know what you need. And, while it can be done, swapping a V8 into a V6 car is a major undertaking. Do you have the required skill set, tools and/or access to someone who does to be able to perform this?

Blog Entries

Red
    98 Camaro SS

they both are 98 n yea ive got ppl helping me with this job

Black
    2002 Z/28

Im about to do the same thing, so how did it turn out??

Blog Entries

Red
    98 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by prater_1 View Post
    Im about to do the same thing, so how did it turn out??
    my plans had turned waaayyy around i didnt even do da motor swap...i found a dude dat had smashed his frunt end on his 98 SS n he was willing to trade my body for his whole car cuz da insurance he couldnt afford it on da ss n wanted da 6banger so now i gt gtta get a few body parts for da car n ill b set to go...now all i have to say to u is if u have da time da money to do da swap all power too u but i would jst buy da v8 lol it was soo many ppl tellin me different thing of hw to go about doing da swap it kinda turned me off of doing it as well.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Project LS1 View Post
    my plans had turned waaayyy around i didnt even do da motor swap...i found a dude dat had smashed his frunt end on his 98 SS n he was willing to trade my body for his whole car cuz da insurance he couldnt afford it on da ss n wanted da 6banger so now i gt gtta get a few body parts for da car n ill b set to go...now all i have to say to u is if u have da time da money to do da swap all power too u but i would jst buy da v8 lol it was soo many ppl tellin me different thing of hw to go about doing da swap it kinda turned me off of doing it as well.
    Translation:

I've decided to take this project a different direction and not do the motor swap at all. I found someone with a front end damaged SS who was willing to trade the body of my car, for his whole car. He says he wants to go to a 3.8 because insurance on the SS is too high. Now all I have to do is buy a few body panels and I'll be set.

My next question is, if you have the and the money to the ?????????????, but I would just buy the V8, lol.

I had several people telling me different ways of doing the LS1 swap, so I just decided not to do it.

Artic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Translation:

I've decided to take this project a different direction and not do the motor swap at all. I found someone with a front end damaged SS who was willing to trade the body of my car, for his whole car. He says he wants to go to a 3.8 because insurance on the SS is too high. Now all I have to do is buy a few body panels and I'll be set.

My next question is, if you have the and the money to the ?????????????, but I would just buy the V8, lol.

I had several people telling me different ways of doing the LS1 swap, so I just decided not to do it.
    Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Many, MANY, things will need changed for a 3800 to v8 swap.. Starting from just a shell you can go any dirrection you want. But if you're trying to work with some or alot of what you've aready got, well as stated many things will need changed.. The swap is not for the light hearted and/or the broke... It will take plenty of $$$ to do it right..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I thought it was pretty much just a new k-member and everything that goes with that, transmission, and wiring harness

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I thought it was pretty much just a new k-member and everything that goes with that, transmission, and wiring harness
    Can't really use the axle unless it's an auburn either.. I try to steer clear of the word "just" when it comes to a project of that magnatude.. In short, lots of work.. PCm and dash and on and on..

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Translation:

Thank you! i was starting to get a headache hahaha

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah I was going to do the Original too, but I needed a break

Thread Information