Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

stock speed limit ?

This is a discussion on stock speed limit ? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by konigandy6 When you change your gearing from 3.42 to a 3.73 or 4.10 you will gain significant ...

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    When you change your gearing from 3.42 to a 3.73 or 4.10 you will gain significant acceleration but like you said, lose top speed. With an M6 you can afford to go with the 4.10's and up because you have basically 2 overdrive gears. I have yet to change mine from the 3.42's but trust me, it's on the list.
    I read something one time someone tried to break it down to me for just the 4.10's he went through the gears and he was saying that you really lose in your upper gears he was showing how ur not maxing out your gears as well as the stock but he never told me the stock lol I love cars but it is really fustrating not being able to get a 100% yes or no. Like backpressure and power someone told me that if i put a cut out i'll get hp but lose torque then someone told me that's only with carbs becuz they can't adjust to the difference but with our cars the computer and adapt or you can tune and you'll get power on both ends?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

you can look in your glovebox at the list of RPO codes, i dont remember which ones they are, but its like XX2, XX6, XX8, and thats 2.73, 3.42, and 3.73 or whatever. i know its on here somewhere

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro Z28

disable it is pretty much for bragging rights lol!!!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    I read something one time someone tried to break it down to me for just the 4.10's he went through the gears and he was saying that you really lose in your upper gears he was showing how ur not maxing out your gears as well as the stock but he never told me the stock lol I love cars but it is really fustrating not being able to get a 100% yes or no. Like backpressure and power someone told me that if i put a cut out i'll get hp but lose torque then someone told me that's only with carbs becuz they can't adjust to the difference but with our cars the computer and adapt or you can tune and you'll get power on both ends?

First off, please use punctuation.... I had to read through that twice to understand it....if I even do understand. You will lose top speed with taller gears, nature of the beast. Your acceleration will increase though. You will lose some low end torque with cut outs, but gain a lot of top end horse power. There is a science I'm sure behind all of this, but that is just the basics.

Either way, if you change your gearing, you need to get your vehicle tuned to the gear. That should solve most issues.

If you get your VIN then I can check to see what rear gear you have by GM's VIS.

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    02 Camaro SS

ive had my ss up to 150 and the hood started shaking and the road was not level so it was like being in a boat in wavy water it was a rush but thinkin back if a tire would have blown out or a deer be in the road...GAME OVER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information