Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Stock 0-60 for z28 and ss camaros?

This is a discussion on Stock 0-60 for z28 and ss camaros? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Just wondering...

  1. #1
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    Stock 0-60 for z28 and ss camaros?

    Just wondering

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    saginaw MI
    Posts
    98

    Blue
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

    I have some old Car & Driver magazine that tests a stock 6-speed 1998 Z28 (w/the LS1) doing 5.2 seconds. Most books and mags post similar times for the SS. Strangely enough, I have an older C&D mag that clocked the 1996 Camaro SS with the old 305 hp LT1 doing 4.9 seconds! I guess you can't get to wound up in the 0-60 times these mags list, as so much depends on the driver doing the test.

  3. #3
    I need some money huggerls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    chandler az
    Age
    30
    Posts
    165

    hugger orange
    1999 camaro ss

    not real facts but i remember it always being in the 4.9 to 5.2 range.

  4. #4
    Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    25
    Posts
    860

    Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

    Quote Originally Posted by knoll5150 View Post
    I have some old Car & Driver magazine that tests a stock 6-speed 1998 Z28 (w/the LS1) doing 5.2 seconds. Most books and mags post similar times for the SS. Strangely enough, I have an older C&D mag that clocked the 1996 Camaro SS with the old 305 hp LT1 doing 4.9 seconds! I guess you can't get to wound up in the 0-60 times these mags list, as so much depends on the driver doing the test.
    Actually, I'm not 100% on the actual times, but I do know that the LT1 has a good amount more bottom end torque than the LS1. I wouldn't be surprised to see an LT1 do a faster 0-60 than an LS1, since the LT1's usually get an LS1 off the line, but just can't hold them long enough for it to matter.

  5. #5
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    Does anyone 0-60 for an A4

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    72

    Silver
    98 Z28

    from what i have researched an A4 is like .3 seconds slower than an M6, don't hold me to this.

  7. #7
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    bump

  8. #8
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Actually, I'm not 100% on the actual times, but I do know that the LT1 has a good amount more bottom end torque than the LS1. I wouldn't be surprised to see an LT1 do a faster 0-60 than an LS1, since the LT1's usually get an LS1 off the line, but just can't hold them long enough for it to matter.
    True. The '96-97 SS will give an LS1 SS a run, but with equal drivers an LS1 SS will prevail. Like mentioned above, Car & Driver wen't 0-60 in 4.9, where as the quickest 0-60 for an LS1 car i've seen was 5.0 for an '01 WS6. Quarter mile is different though, with the LT1 SS M6 cars ranging in the 13.4-13.6 @ 104-106, while it's not uncommon to see an LS1 M6 car with a talented driver run in the low-low 13's at 107-108.

  9. #9
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    bump

  10. #10
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    idk bout the might ls1 but according to a kid in my class... his stock rx8 does 0-60 in 3 seconds flat i busted out laughing at him and he was like... what? its fast... only made me laugh harder

  11. #11
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    idk bout the might ls1 but according to a kid in my class... his stock rx8 does 0-60 in 3 seconds flat i busted out laughing at him and he was like... what? its fast... only made me laugh harder
    Had to drive my cousin's RX8 for a week and it was the worst driving experience of my life. It gets bad MPG and it is slow.

  12. #12
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    Had to drive my cousin's RX8 for a week and it was the worst driving experience of my life. It gets bad MPG and it is slow.

  13. #13
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    What do you mean?

  14. #14
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    What do you mean?
    i mean werd they are slow and crappy

  15. #15
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i mean werd they are slow and crappy
    That was just my personal opinion I did not enjoy it one bit.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    72

    Silver
    98 Z28

    ok im bored but "werd" or "word" means that someone agrees with what you were saying.

    Funny thing is I was out on a rainy night a couple weeks back and I was driving in my '98 Z A4 and my friend was driving in his car, a shitty camry, but yea he sped off and I was just chilling cuz i didnt feel like landing a 360 on rt 208 but they were out of sight. Some bright Blue RX-8 pulls up to me in the fast lane looked like the car from X-Men, obviously this guy wanted to race but i was just chilin the whole time, so i was the real winner since i was more mature plus i just wasnt in the whole burn some rice mode that night. Later on at work a couple weeks later I mentioned to my coworker about some turd of an RX8 and he actually knows the guy. Apparently he has twin turbos on it. But what a waste of money i bet that Rotary engine would only last for a good 10,000 or so more miles. Kind of was a good thing i didn't race him though. I'm sure even with the turbos that car has shitty pick up...What do you guys think?

  17. #17
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    Ok to get back on topic does anyone know for sure what the a4 and m6 to 0-60?

  18. #18
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    Ok to get back on topic does anyone know for sure what the a4 and m6 to 0-60?
    0-60: 5.1 for an 2002 Camaro SS 35th Ann. M6
    http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Cobra...SS_Article.htm

    If it matters, I had a Motor Trend TV Video of a 2001 Trans-Am WS6 6-speed doing 0-60 in 5.01.

    As far as A4 goes, I don't think there has ever been an official test on an LS1 automatic F-body.

  19. #19
    The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spring hill, TN
    Posts
    210

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

    Well i think your looking at a range from 4.7-5.2 seconds, it depends on a ton of variables like... weather, the driver, how hard there lauching, elevation, and another key variable is the type of ls1 camaro. The 00-02 z28s, and SS's received the ls6 intake, and also there is options like the 350hp package with upgraded exhaust, lid, and i beleive a few other things. The SS's also have a wider rim, which means a wider tread area for traction. I dont beleive the magzines "drive it like they stole it" meaning i dont think they push it to the limits that the car is capable of. Automatics arent usally that much slower (.1 at most) at all, you have to remember when you drive a M6 when you let off the clutch to change thats time theres no gas going to the motor, even tho its not much it adds up when a A4 dos all it for you. The only real advantage of a m6 is its alot more fun to drive, cause if you get a A4 shift points adjusted, and firmed it beats a M6 anyday. just my .02 and heres a few times from this site http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.2 13.6
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.3 13.8

  20. #20
    Member EnjoiJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Weymouth MA.
    Posts
    339
    01 modded gtp

    Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28importslayer View Post
    Well i think your looking at a range from 4.7-5.2 seconds, it depends on a ton of variables like... weather, the driver, how hard there lauching, elevation, and another key variable is the type of ls1 camaro. The 00-02 z28s, and SS's received the ls6 intake, and also there is options like the 350hp package with upgraded exhaust, lid, and i beleive a few other things. The SS's also have a wider rim, which means a wider tread area for traction. I dont beleive the magzines "drive it like they stole it" meaning i dont think they push it to the limits that the car is capable of. Automatics arent usally that much slower (.1 at most) at all, you have to remember when you drive a M6 when you let off the clutch to change thats time theres no gas going to the motor, even tho its not much it adds up when a A4 dos all it for you. The only real advantage of a m6 is its alot more fun to drive, cause if you get a A4 shift points adjusted, and firmed it beats a M6 anyday. just my .02 and heres a few times from this site http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.2 13.6
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.3 13.8
    So I am going to guess the A4 does 0-60 in 5.3 stock also thanks for all the help guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •