Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

SS/WS6 vs WRX STI

This is a discussion on SS/WS6 vs WRX STI within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by DreamLS1 Thats cool guy thats your opinion, I think the sti sounds sweet, its a one of ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by DreamLS1 View Post
    Thats cool guy thats your opinion, I think the sti sounds sweet, its a one of a kind sound, all v8 sound the same. I like to be different. I am not puting down fbodys because i love them and have one myself, but stock to stock it will out perform most cars on the street. and having awd or not is the name of the game, i ran an 02 ss from a 15 roll and he didn pull on me till top of 4th. ya i ran a 12.7@107 anyone want to see the time slip i will gladley put it on here.
    All V8's sound the same?? Obviously you've never heard a Ford V8 next to a Chevy V8, because thats far from the truth.

The only thing unique about the STI's exhaust is that its one of the only cars (besides the Evo) that you can pay $32K for and still have it sound like complete garbage. Not something to be proud of.

There's also no way you hung with an LS1 from a 15 roll, unless you're pushing over 60WHP in mods, which is unlikely. LS1's kill even highly modded STi's from a roll, they don't have shit unless you launch the hell out of them.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

maybe he raced a stock ls1, auto, 273's ...i could see that being possible...saw a video of a race....slightly modded ls1 transam vs a slightly modded evo......evo hung with him from a roll to about a 100.....then it was all over in a hurry......there quick!!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    maybe he raced a stock ls1, auto, 273's ...i could see that being possible...saw a video of a race....slightly modded ls1 transam vs a slightly modded evo......evo hung with him from a roll to about a 100.....then it was all over in a hurry......there quick!!
    Very possible, I could see that happening with auto/2.73's. However, any roll race against an M6 LS1 is an instant death for just about any STI.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

any stock/near stock sti i agree.......they CAN be monsters with lots of money/mods.....theres a lot of them out there.....check out vishnutuning.com very reputible evo/sti performace shop out in cali.....those cars CAN be very fast for not all that much money.....ive heard lots about reliability probs though........ive thought many times about buying an evo living in roch ny....we get a 100 plus inches of snow a yr........eh i went with the summer/winter car combo instead.......no replacement for displacement in my mind

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information