Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SS/WS6 vs WRX STI

This is a discussion on SS/WS6 vs WRX STI within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i just fucked up an srt 4 .he tried to dip the shoulder and i just caught a hole in ...

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

i just fucked up an srt 4 .he tried to dip the shoulder and i just caught a hole in the slow lane smoked his neon in the shit i hate to do.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

ok ..you said most imports,,like a awd import and are you talking faster times in a road coarse or are we talking not breaking a sweat while in the shit cuz ill admit its not easy at all to take turns on a dig in the f-bod..the suspension does not just go where you point it like an evo..but ill still spank a mildly modded evo in the twisties....IF I DONT HIT THE TWISTIES MABEY ITS CUZ IM EXTRA STRAIT...

SFL Drifters

Pewter
    2002 TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    ok ..you said most imports,,like a awd import and are you talking faster times in a road coarse or are we talking not breaking a sweat while in the shit cuz ill admit its not easy at all to take turns on a dig in the f-bod..the suspension does not just go where you point it like an evo..but ill still spank a mildly modded evo in the twisties....IF I DONT HIT THE TWISTIES MABEY ITS CUZ IM EXTRA STRAIT...
    Im talkin bout most imports can handle better than our cars all around. im hopin the 5th gen can have irs finally.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike WS6 View Post
    Im talkin bout most imports can handle better than our cars all around. im hopin the 5th gen can have irs finally.

most AWD imports handle better do to IRS, which is why the new z06 c6 is untouchable on the circuit tracks, its a well balanced car and the IRS really helps. Down side is IRS is not as strong or reliable as a live/straight axle like what the f-bods have (granted a 12 bolt or 9inch is better then the factory candyass 10bolt)

f-bods can be mad to handle great on circuit tracks. 4th gen f-bods and mustangs where used in the trans am racing circuit (not the trans am car either) all the time. Those cars would run circles around an AWD import.

SFL Drifters

Pewter
    2002 TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    most AWD imports handle better do to IRS, which is why the new z06 c6 is untouchable on the circuit tracks, its a well balanced car and the IRS really helps. Down side is IRS is not as strong or reliable as a live/straight axle like what the f-bods have (granted a 12 bolt or 9inch is better then the factory candyass 10bolt)

f-bods can be mad to handle great on circuit tracks. 4th gen f-bods and mustangs where used in the trans am racing circuit (not the trans am car either) all the time. Those cars would run circles around an AWD import.
    most imports handle better cuz of irs, not all imports have awd and still handle better than the fbods. theres to many to name.

yes the c6 z06 is in a league of its own compared to imports "stock" but for how long. i hope the new GTR doesnt match it. a suped up FD can match a stock c6 z no prob.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike WS6 View Post
    I don't know why people love IRs so much, it really isn't all its cracked up to be. Sure it has more handling potential than an SRA system, but how many people really push their muscle cars that hard in the turns?? Basically it just adds unnecessary weight, cost, complexity, and serious wheel hop issues.

Solid rear axles are great for muscle cars because they can be made nearly indestructable. With the right setup, you can easily build a bulletproof rear end that can stand up to any amount of abuse. Hence the reason they are ideal for muscle cars.

I think the new Camaro should have a solid axle standard on all models except for the SS, which could have the IRS. That way it would keep all the drag racers happy, and the people looking for the best handling could buy the SS.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

IRS should be an option. I think it should have been on the GTO also. I prefer IRS, but I like to corner hard and if I want faster track times it just means I need more top end power! Being a true muscle car SRA should be the standard. If you want a sports car that handles good then get the Vette and not a F-bod.

Anyway I say take both for a really nice long drive before deciding to see which one your most comfortable in and have more fun in.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1kid17 View Post
    i love ls1s....but keep in mind they ARE a dimeadozen how many true STIS do u see daily???
    I see STI's much more often than an LS1 F body.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

personally i feel irs holds back the hp potential to grap the pavement...and irs does not handle the way i like to drive and i would break it...almost all the 03 04 cobras my buds have have no irs anymore cuz its shit ,but if your panties are chafing cuz you cant handle the horsepower then you shouldnt have an f-body..you should drive a civic so you can feel fast without the reality..and dudes if you think that a souped up import will match a new 427 ls7 in a c6 youve bumped your head and are in the movie 2 fast tokyo..cam and headers its got over 600 hp naturally aspirated...no import can even look it in the eyes without losing its coffee can tailpipe...dont even get me started on if it was running any kind of boost....MIKE WS6 WHATS AN FD CUZ YOUR SPEAKIN ON THIS IMPORT LIKE IT WAS GOD...AND IF ITS BETTER THAN THE ZO6 C6 THEN IT IS GOD.....BUT YOU IMPORT LOVERs SEEM TO ALWAYS HAVE SOME SHIT TO COMPARE WITH A WHAT IF...what if can be on both sides...FUCK IMPORTS AND FUCK IRS..AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO..SUPRAS ARE THE BEST IMPORTS IVE SEEN..

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

OH AND FUCK A GTR IN THE GOATASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SFL Drifters

Pewter
    2002 TransAm WS6

if irs holds back the hp y do the vettes have em?
    an fd is a 3rd gen rx-7. the next gen RX7, Supra and GTR might be something to worry about.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

cuz vettes are more luxurious...my buddy has the same mods as me in an 01 c5 and my dyno #'s were +10 on him rw#'s..i beleive all that power management takes raw power away as does a transmission...even though hes lighter and has an automatic..i still pull on him by 2 cars in 2nd gear

SFL Drifters

Pewter
    2002 TransAm WS6

Vettea arent luxurious. their sports cars. if he has an auto than its obvious his dyno #s would be lower if u have a manual.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

not luxury like a caddy but the best the vett can do and still be a sports car.and once again irs sucks ass if your a drag racer and sra sucks if your a road racer but sra dosent suck as much as irs..to me irs is too mellow and i can deal with my sra and gurantee you i can fuck up majority of these irs cars even though there made for it

Well i have both a TA and a 04 Sti i would take the STI over the Fbody anyday! that car is increadable! Nothing drives anywhere close! My buddy has a 02 ta with 400whp +slicks and ran 12.2, in my sti i have full 3" exhaust and i ran 12.7. I love both cars but the sti is just so awesome! test drive one you will fall in love!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

skip the build up for now and go out and get a nice low milage 02 z06 for 30k ......build from there and youll have somthing siiiiiick fast

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Why Should I Test Drive A Car I Can Smoke...no Point....now A Ported Blower,or A Kb 04 Cobra Id Test Drive...dude Im Sorry But Id Never Buy An Sti..and Wow Thats Fast For Just A 3 Inch Exhaust...where Did You Buy The Exhaust, At Too Fast Too Furious R- Us.....if Thats All It Takes Then Why Doo All The Sti's I Run Suck Ass.......

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by DreamLS1 View Post
    Well i have both a TA and a 04 Sti i would take the STI over the Fbody anyday! that car is increadable! Nothing drives anywhere close! My buddy has a 02 ta with 400whp +slicks and ran 12.2, in my sti i have full 3" exhaust and i ran 12.7. I love both cars but the sti is just so awesome! test drive one you will fall in love!
    Please...its not a damn Ferarri, its Subaru Impreza family sedan with a turbocharged engine. Sure it handles well and is pretty quick - but it looks like ass, sounds like ass, and really isn't all that fast for the money.

You say you ran a 12.7 with a full exhaust - what was your trap speed on that?? 102MPH??

The only reason they can run the 1/4 so quick is because they are AWD - the car isn't nearly as fast as the numbers make it out to be. You're looking at a good 6MPH trap difference between a stock STI and a stock LS1 - even though they may both run the same exact time. The LS1 is running that fast because it has the power to run that fast, the STI runs that time because of the AWD launch.

I would never take an STI over an F-Body, or a Mustang Cobra for that matter. Both will ruin the STi in a straight line, and are a much better value for the money, especially when it comes to mods. There's just no comparison in terms of looks, sound, or raw performance - the STI is nothing more than high performance riceburner. The kind of car every Civic hatch driver and his brother dreams of upgrading too. Not my style at all.

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

I was ate up by a legacy 2.5 GT at the track. Ran a 13.2. very embarassing. I thought I had that one in the bag.....
    05 HEMI Ram, 96 Eclipse GST, 02 SS.

Thats cool guy thats your opinion, I think the sti sounds sweet, its a one of a kind sound, all v8 sound the same. I like to be different. I am not puting down fbodys because i love them and have one myself, but stock to stock it will out perform most cars on the street. and having awd or not is the name of the game, i ran an 02 ss from a 15 roll and he didn pull on me till top of 4th. ya i ran a 12.7@107 anyone want to see the time slip i will gladley put it on here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information