Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SS vs Mustang GT????

i was just wondering what u all think about a 01 Camaro SS (with SLP Loudmouths) vs a 03 Mustang GT (with cold air intake and exhaust)

theres this guy that lives a few blocks away that's convinced he can beat me and is willing 2 lay down 200 bux to prove it... so i was wantin to know.. should i risk the bet?

and i know thats all he has in the car for a fact

btw im new here so hello to all u... i'll be lookin for help in the future... just bought my baby

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by mst219 View Post
    i was just wondering what u all think about a 01 Camaro SS (with SLP Loudmouths) vs a 03 Mustang GT (with cold air intake and exhaust)

theres this guy that lives a few blocks away that's convinced he can beat me and is willing 2 lay down 200 bux to prove it... so i was wantin to know.. should i risk the bet?

and i know thats all he has in the car for a fact

btw im new here so hello to all u... i'll be lookin for help in the future... just bought my baby
    welcome does he have traction control ?? U should get him top end easy

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The Camaro with equal drivers would have a better ET, but its close enough, if he is a more skilled driver than you, he could potentially take you.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

i have no idea if he has TC... im pretty sure all of the GT's have that standard but im not 100% on that.. and i've been practin my shifts and all .. and we're both teen's so i dont see how he can be to aweful good... hes 18 and im 17 so yea... idk

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The Camaro with equal drivers would have a better ET, but its close enough, if he is a more skilled driver than you, he could potentially take you.
    by the way where did u get that avatar preston ?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

i have no idea if he has TC... im pretty sure all of the GT's have that standard but im not 100% on that.. and i've been practin my shifts and all .. and we're both teen's so i dont see how he can be to aweful good... hes 18 and im 17 so yea... idk
    no disrespect to you but at that age please please be careful. With only a few years driving experience and being young u can feel like superman. I did and wrecked a few cars. If there is such a thing race smart

o yea i know... i've raced all my life... granted that was on dirt (go karts to modified) and this is street racing (totally different i know) but we're just going to go down a high way and see who reached "the bridge" first

we start at an intersection of the highway in front of a town and race to an over-pass right outside of town.. about 2 miles if... 1st one there... takes it

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    by the way where did u get that avatar preston ?
    Its a picture of Brooke Burke

you will have him. '03 mustang gt 260hp at crank, 01 SS 350hp at crank.
    come on now. he's cutback exhaust and cold air intake give him 15-20 gain at the crank at the most. so u are 80hp over him,, even if you mess up on a 2nd to 3rd shift or somthing u will make him a new asz hole. both cars have the same weight... but seriously on track, he should do mid to low 14s in 1/4 mi, while u should do mid to low 13s. On the street, I say u will have his asz by 3-4 car lengths by 110 from 30 roll. and like the gentleman says in above post, be careful kids, u are way too young to be car racing... just be careful...

PS. I beat a 350Z 286hp at crank when I was stock. so it will be the same race pretty much...
    go for it take the loosers money.... make it look hard, so do 2 of them double or nothing on second race then open a can of whoop asz on second too
    Last edited by djvaly; 12-06-2006 at 07:49 PM.

silver
    1996 z28

personally i see no reason why you wouldnt own him. I've gotta 96z that has 320rwhp w/ some minor mods and havent had ne trouble. BUT its always on the quarter mile. never a 2 mile race!

yea thats what i figured with the HP difference... i just didnt know the weight thing... are the SS's controled by a chip 2 limit the speed? what about the GT's (if u know)

as you can tell im new... very new... and you all are a big help.. thanks a bunch

yea thats what i figured with the HP difference... i just didnt know the weight thing... are the SS's controled by a chip 2 limit the speed? what about the GT's (if u know)

as you can tell im new... very new... and you all are a big help.. thanks a bunch
    u'll top at 162ish even though it says 155, but don't worry I promise u from a 30-40 roll u don't need to go more than 120. u'll have him 3-4 car lengths...
    just floor it dude..

M6 ... i had to have a manual in a V8... no regrets... plus this limits the girlfriend from drivin it

it's ok, i raced most people wit M6, they mess up constatly, but A4 is better at track, M6 is better on curves and corners like GT races... that's why if u at track u have an edge with A4 since it's a straight line... i got A4, i will stall it and put 3.73 gears..and yeah, lot's of torque an acceleration don't need M6 then.

good luck wit ya race... let us know ...

my 1st car was an A4 (dodge avenger se... blugh... but it was a v6) and it had very good pick up and all that... but i just love the thrill of slamming it into a gear

and how bad are winters... with the snow and all that... im used 2 front wheel in a v6.. now i have a RW v8... bad conversion... considering its winter now and i live in the midwest ?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Holy crap, I just realized its an 03 GT. For some stupid reason I thought I read an 05 GT. If its an 03, you will rape him, no question about it. Geez, what a blunder on my part

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

I ran a teacher from school at the track. He has a 05 GT the best he got was a 14.6 . With 3.73's, exhaust, long tubes, cold air, and programer it ran a 13.6. It was a sad day, I really thought it should run better than that but it didn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

SS>
    gt<

Just keep calm and dont get too antsy.
    Let us know the results!
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Blue
    04 Mach 1

you should win hands down in a short race. dont race for 2 miles though that is stupid, too much chance to fuck up. do a quick sprint from about 30-120 and be done.

Thread Information