Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SS vs Mustang GT????

This is a discussion on SS vs Mustang GT???? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Whats up mst 219 welcome to the forum and congrads on your new car. ive got a 2000 Z that ...

So many mods so little..$ KahliFornyaKing's Avatar

Navy Blue Metalic
    2000 Z-28

Whats up mst 219 welcome to the forum and congrads on your new car. ive got a 2000 Z that i bought about 6 months ago and i love it! My first camaro was a 92 RS 305 and i loved that car too. I havent raced my Z yet but i raced my 92 all the time and from my little experience the one thing i can tell you is that you have to stay calm (like Tyler LS1 said) cause if you get too nervous you might mess up shifting, just relax because unless he has NOS or something he wont beat you. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    you should win hands down in a short race. dont race for 2 miles though that is stupid, too much chance to fuck up. do a quick sprint from about 30-120 and be done.
    x2!

alright... its goin down tomarrow night... wish me luck

and its not 2 miles i odo'd it today and its 1.3ish but i figured once i get up through the gears i can take it steady.. and we're racin late so traffic wont be an issue

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    x2!
    Yeah..... when you hit triple digits in just a 1/4 mile... you don't need much distance

but will i be able 2 outlast him the whole time... im gettin a little confused? i was told that i'd be alright.. now ur sayin just a short distance?

its kinda late now though... the deal has been sealed

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

I didn't mean you'd be taken by him if you went longer.. I was just saying that after you're already hitting triple digit speeds after 1/4 mile.. you have 3/4 a mile to keep going that fast.. just saying be careful, people can do some stupid things at high speeds. Not necessarily even you, just anyone else nearby. Have fun though!! You'll do fine.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

This is a Joke race !
    Give him a 2car length head start and it's still a joke.
    Keep it simple, and relax
    Watch the tach and the road
    at 5700 hit the next gear
    buy the top of third
    the winner will be Clear
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Give him a football field headstart and it still won't be close. That's a loooong race and the GT will be obliterated. It doesn't matter how good of a driver the GT has and how bad the LS1 car has. The LS1 dominates top end and in a race that long it's impossible (barring a catastrophic accident) for the LS1 to lose.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

My V6 took out a few GTs dont worry go for it, im running only 240ish and took out GTs and you got like alteast 60 more HP then me so yea like that one guy said, make it look close the first race then double or nothing the 2nd time and you would be 400 dollars richer... let us know how it goes

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

dont even sweat it, youll blow his doors off going in reverse. I was just playing around with a new GT on the highway about a week back and there slow as shit.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Holy crap, I just realized its an 03 GT. For some stupid reason I thought I read an 05 GT. If its an 03, you will rape him, no question about it. Geez, what a blunder on my part
    how much HP does the 05/06 mustang gt have ?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    x2!
    ya those 02 ss are slow also lol....what up camaro man

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    how much HP does the 05/06 mustang gt have ?
    Rated at 300

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    ya those 02 ss are slow also lol....what up camaro man
    hahaha, nothing man, just laying the smack down around here and saving up for Christmas presents and mods hahaha.

Hey Randy please tell this guy not to race for 1.2 miles... he's going to mess around a break the sound barrier. I already know at that type of distance at wide open throttle you'll definitely tach it out and hit the top speed limiter or if you don't have one it'll end up going to God knows. He says its too late to change the deal but screw that! I wouldn't waste that much time and energy on a stang gt much less risk my life!

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

Hey gut for safety sake dont go racing 1.3 miles. Like the guys said you'll be doing triple digits already after the quarter. If you do race the whole way I'd do a good check over on your car, brakes, tires and pressure of them. Going that fast and worrying about another car can be very dangerous, not saying I condone it cause I've street raced alot in my past (kids now so I behave) but just be careful cause anything can happen on the street. Post up results and good luck
    2001 SOM SS Vert 1 of 37 verts with a 6 speed. Kook LT's with cats, fast 90mm ported intake, Nick Williams 90mm TB, AFR 205's and so on. Tuning/installs done by Williams Performance.

alright... yea u do have a GREAT point.. all of you.. i'll see if i can get the distance reduced.. i'll let u all know how it went 2marrow... we're racing late so i'll post saturday sometime... hopefully i'll be a few bucks richer

yep, pull the first race nicely, take it easy on the guy let's say u beat him by 2 car lengths, then say u give him 2 car lengths ahead of u on the 2nd race and whoop his ass by 4 car lengths, then give him 4 cars in front of u on 3rd race,, hey u be rich by the 3rd race finish

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by mst219 View Post
    alright... yea u do have a GREAT point.. all of you.. i'll see if i can get the distance reduced.. i'll let u all know how it went 2marrow... we're racing late so i'll post saturday sometime... hopefully i'll be a few bucks richer
    good deal .........show him what LS1 is all about

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

x2!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Just concentrate on making nice, smooth shifts and don't get all up in a knot over the Mustang. I've raced a couple of them at the track with my 00 Z28. I'm mostly stock with an A4 and 2.73 gears. Any of the 2V 4.6L GT's are pretty much lunch. They usually panic and miss a shift as the Camaro passes them (they're pretty scrappy out of the hole with their 3.50 gears). If the guy gets a hole shot on you, just keep your composure. You'll be passing him soon. Last time I raced an 03 GT that was fairly modified, he ran a 13.80 to my 13.52 @ 107.43mph. He had to nerve to claim he missed a shift after we got back to the pits.

Oh yeah! Don't race him for $200. If he's hard over on the money then he probably knows something you don't about his car. They can be modified to be competitive, but in stock form they are low 14's. Just run him for bragging rights.
    Last edited by RagTop; 12-08-2006 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information