Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

SS vs Mach 1 ?

This is a discussion on SS vs Mach 1 ? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA Yea my best bud drives a third gen camaro, it made for a good healthy rivalry. ...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    Yea my best bud drives a third gen camaro, it made for a good healthy rivalry. I love third gens, all of em. Especially GTAs. But I cant stand the catfish though, so fugly
    was it really rivalry? wouldnt u have over 100hp over him unless hes done alot of work?

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Oh yea he has work done. LT1 with full boltons and worked heads with a mild cam. He still lagged quite a bit but we always raced for shits and giggles anyway cuz it was fun none the less

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Oh yea he has work done. LT1 with full boltons and worked heads with a mild cam. He still lagged quite a bit but we always raced for shits and giggles anyway cuz it was fun none the less
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh lt1 swap. much different lol

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Yup lol. I dont really know why he swapped though, his L98 had like 350+hp at the wheels. Which is quite a bit for an l98..

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Yup lol. I dont really know why he swapped though, his L98 had like 350+hp at the wheels. Which is quite a bit for an l98..
    what???? how did his third gen motor have 350+ at the wheels? what kind of mods did he put on it? i thought third gen motors had arond 170-200 hp.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Lol the L98 wasnt stock either, he bought it with some mods. Didnt ever find out what though, the guy didnt have a list or anything.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Lol the L98 wasnt stock either, he bought it with some mods. Didnt ever find out what though, the guy didnt have a list or anything.
    yea that jst sounded like alot of power for a third gen,(i had the idea that it was somewhat stock)

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Fords just cost more to make em run with the LS1's.Just look at how long it took ford to come out with a competitive car. Chevy had it all to themselves so long they just decided , hell , this ain't much fun , we're tired of beating up on stangs . So they just went out of production.Then along comes ford with some grunt and they better enjoy their day in the sun cause Camaro's comin back real soon & spank em all over again. The stang is after all a girlie car.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

...Uhh no. Just..no. I dont even know where to start with that lol. Heres a quick little comparison. Mustang GT with 50k miles, around 10k. Trans am with around 50k miles, 14k. Spend 150 on 4.10 gears for the stang and custom make an exhaust for 200, you're running with a trans am.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Well in my area of NJ, it's pretty much all those hondas, a lot of subarus/mitsubishis an the srt-4 dodge. Nobody round here has muscle cars. I've never seen an SS or even a Z28 on the street/highway, same goes for a a Mach 1. I've seen oodles of regular GT's though.
    i see the exact same thing in NY....must be a north east thing. anyway, if you want a car for racing & power go with the SS. if you want something that's a bit more rare and should be worth more 20 years from now, go with the mach 1.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

The Mach 1 didn't even have the matte stripe in the front ! It was so painted from grey to red, they did such a bad job at it too. There was loads of paint in the wheel wells, as well as on the key holes.

Anyway, what's done is done an I bought the SS. Now I need to make payments an save for a fox body 5.0 =] I really can't be brand biased, I just like muscle cars in general.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

The Mach 1 didn't even have the matte stripe in the front ! It was so painted from grey to red, they did such a bad job at it too. There was loads of paint in the wheel wells, as well as on the key holes.

Anyway, what's done is done an I bought the SS. Now I need to make payments an save for a fox body 5.0 =] I really can't be brand biased, I just like muscle cars in general.
    Good for you man. Nice to see atleast a couple people who aren't biased, its hard to find anymore.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Good for you man. Nice to see atleast a couple people who aren't biased, its hard to find anymore.
    Yes, I agree. My friends that own mustangs aren't biased either. They love my car as well as the trans am. Even my friend with an STi likes my car. It's just my buddy with an evo, but then again he swears his car is the fastest thing on wheels

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Yea i can see how owning an Evo would give him a false sense of god mode lol. They're so damn rare he must think he's hot shit for owning one. I gotta admit though, i would definitely drool over it while he wasnt looking. I love evos...

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

my bad, i was too lazy to read through the 5 pages of posts so i just replied after the first page.

I got my car for like 19 and change after all the taxes registration an plates. the Mach 1 was only like 800 dollars cheaper I believe. They both had 20k miles and were both manual transmissions. I was originally going to that dealer to buy a yellow Mach 1. I believe the production numbers for yellow Mach's are pretty low. They only wanted around 17 for that car. They sold it the day before I went, but oddly enough they had the Camaro I bought. It was strage to me because in October of last year, I passed up buying a 2000 SS in the same color at the same dealer. Talk about irony.
    thats a pretty reasonable price for the model and low milage. i also have a 02 pewter ss and freaking love it. i bet you're glad you waited instead of buying that 00 ss last year. the 02's have a much better stock intake and also should (hopefully) be worth more in the long run since they're the last year of the 4th gen style.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

In Northern NJ, they're not rare at all. They even have an Evo/STi day at our drag track. I see about 4-5 evo's daily as well as srt-4's. I see loads of GT mustangs as well.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

In Northern NJ, they're not rare at all. They even have an Evo/STi day at our drag track. I see about 4-5 evo's daily as well as srt-4's. I see loads of GT mustangs as well.
    And what track would that be at??

Evo and STI day?? Give me a break

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

English town, it's in late august. It's street wars 2 I believe

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

...Uhh no. Just..no. I dont even know where to start with that lol. Heres a quick little comparison. Mustang GT with 50k miles, around 10k. Trans am with around 50k miles, 14k. Spend 150 on 4.10 gears for the stang and custom make an exhaust for 200, you're running with a trans am.
    Dude the reason the TA is 4 grand more is because it looks awsome unlike the Mustang which looks like a terd with corn and peanuts in it.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by deadbydawn421 View Post
    Dude the reason the TA is 4 grand more is because it looks awsome unlike the Mustang which looks like a terd with corn and peanuts in it.
    I could say the same about your catfish dude. Fuuuugly.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information