Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

SS vs Mach 1 ?

This is a discussion on SS vs Mach 1 ? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I could have easily gotten the Mach 1. I like both cars, I'm not car biased. I know this is ...

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

I could have easily gotten the Mach 1. I like both cars, I'm not car biased. I know this is a "Chevy" forum. I didn't make this post on a Ford forum cause I was far to lazy to register for one. The Mach 1 was a great looking car, but it was painted from grey to a color that wasn't even torch red. They did a horrible job painting it as well. The exhaust system was bent all the way down, an I know it's cheaper, but I already have a friend with a 01 GT and another with an 03 Cobra. I wanted to go a different route I guess.

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by blky2kz View Post
    A buddy of mine has an 04 Mach 1. Has full exhaust and filter. He ran a 12.90 on regular street tires. Not too shabby for a little 4.6. The mach 1 should not be underestimated. And in my oppinion, the mustang is much more fun to drive.
    Road and Track magazine article chose the Mach 1 and ran a 12.7O sTOCK ,WITH PROFESSIONAL DRIVER .

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    I could have easily gotten the Mach 1. I like both cars, I'm not car biased. I know this is a "Chevy" forum. I didn't make this post on a Ford forum cause I was far to lazy to register for one. The Mach 1 was a great looking car, but it was painted from grey to a color that wasn't even torch red. They did a horrible job painting it as well. The exhaust system was bent all the way down, an I know it's cheaper, but I already have a friend with a 01 GT and another with an 03 Cobra. I wanted to go a different route I guess.
    What ?,why are you buying a repainted Mach 1 ? Thats not smart at all ,there is too many that are not and some with warranties still intact ,How many Kms ?How much ?and what was the Camaro $ and kms ?Stay away from that Mach1

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

I got my car for like 19 and change after all the taxes registration an plates. the Mach 1 was only like 800 dollars cheaper I believe. They both had 20k miles and were both manual transmissions. I was originally going to that dealer to buy a yellow Mach 1. I believe the production numbers for yellow Mach's are pretty low. They only wanted around 17 for that car. They sold it the day before I went, but oddly enough they had the Camaro I bought. It was strage to me because in October of last year, I passed up buying a 2000 SS in the same color at the same dealer. Talk about irony.

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    I got my car for like 19 and change after all the taxes registration an plates. the Mach 1 was only like 800 dollars cheaper I believe. They both had 20k miles and were both manual transmissions. I was originally going to that dealer to buy a yellow Mach 1. I believe the production numbers for yellow Mach's are pretty low. They only wanted around 17 for that car. They sold it the day before I went, but oddly enough they had the Camaro I bought. It was strage to me because in October of last year, I passed up buying a 2000 SS in the same color at the same dealer. Talk about irony.
    Thats weird eh ? I think what you did in this case was a good idea ,soon as I heard about the repaint ,there is a problem ,I hope you enjoy the new ride ,good choice

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thumbs up

I personally think mustangs are fugly especially those new ones. You get more from the ladies with a camaro and thats proven by scientists in a controlled laboratory environment. I saw it on the Discovery channel.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

I see more hot girls driving mustangs (GTs) than i do driving camaros or any F-body for that matter. When i had my mustang i got 100 times more looks/thumbs up than i do with my TA, and my TA looks cleaner/nicer IMO. That's very much arguable

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    I see more hot girls driving mustangs (GTs) than i do driving camaros or any F-body for that matter. When i had my mustang i got 100 times more looks/thumbs up than i do with my TA, and my TA looks cleaner/nicer IMO. That's very much arguable
    Dude you cant argue with documented scientific experiments. And you cant argue with The Discovery Channel. Maybe they couldnt see you face as well when U drove the Mustang as opposed to the larger side glass in the TA. Makes sense to me..........

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by deadbydawn421 View Post
    Dude you cant argue with documented scientific experiments. And you cant argue with The Discovery Channel. Maybe they couldnt see you face as well when U drove the Mustang as opposed to the larger side glass in the TA. Makes sense to me..........
    Nah thats not it ..Mustang goes faster so they couldnt make out the blurr thats all

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

I personally think mustangs are fugly especially those new ones. You get more from the ladies with a camaro and thats proven by scientists in a controlled laboratory environment. I saw it on the Discovery channel.
    This comin from a guy whos car looks like a catfish !

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

If you dont believe me a pic is worth a 1000 words I guess
    Last edited by sprayed cobra; 06-08-2007 at 08:55 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed cobra View Post
    Thats funny man!!!! All in good fun!!! - but no shit get limo tint on that TA and you will see I am not bs you.

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Thats funny man!!!! All in good fun!!! - but no shit get limo tint on that TA and you will see I am not bs you.
    I must have really wired you up Im the Stang guy

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Wink

I must have really wired you up Im the Stang guy

I didnt pay attention but the TA guy might as well be a "mustang guy" too.
    So you are both one in the same to me. A catfish looks better than a turd to me anyday.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

LMAO!!! OMFG i havnt laughed so hard ina while. The quote makes it 10x better haha. GOOD LAWD!

And yea i am a mustang guy, proud of it. The trans am is holding me off until i can afford a Terminator

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

One other thing if you are a "stang guy" like you say why LS1.com???
    I sense you really love Camaros but made a mistake and got a Mustang HUH???? I see.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Why not?

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    LMAO!!! OMFG i havnt laughed so hard ina while. The quote makes it 10x better haha. GOOD LAWD!

And yea i am a mustang guy, proud of it. The trans am is holding me off until i can afford a Terminator
    Oh hell yeah !!!!! we both know what to buy !

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

One other thing if you are a "stang guy" like you say why LS1.com???
    I sense you really love Camaros but made a mistake and got a Mustang HUH???? I see.
    I like alot of cars some of my friends have great cars some are camaros we all bug each other ,but hey we eat wings and drink beer together too ,the rivalry is great ,and as long as the chevys know the are last... all is well I love winding you F@ckers up !

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Yea my best bud drives a third gen camaro, it made for a good healthy rivalry. I love third gens, all of em. Especially GTAs. But I cant stand the catfish though, so fugly

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information