Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SS vs Mach 1 ?

This is a discussion on SS vs Mach 1 ? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Anthracis I have heard some mean sounding Camaros. Me too- many of them are members cars...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    I have heard some mean sounding Camaros.
    Me too- many of them are members cars

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Hmm kinda dissappointed another Mustang on-the-fencer went to Chevy, but oh well. As long as you enjoy the car, then fuck it.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

He enjoys it just "not the sound" hehehehehehe

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Thats when you 'accidentally' remove the y-pipe

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I am about to put headers/exhaust on mine and I am sure I will "like the sound".

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

You fuckin better or you just spent a grand on one helluva engine dressup mod lol.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    You fuckin better or you just spent a grand on one helluva engine dressup mod lol.
    LOL no doubt-I cant wait to piss off my neighbors!!!!! These people look at me weird because I change my own oil and wash my own car!!!! What a freak I am!!!!! LOL

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Hmm kinda dissappointed another Mustang on-the-fencer went to Chevy, but oh well. As long as you enjoy the car, then fuck it.
    IMO, that's kind of a effed-up thing to say. There is nothing wrong with shopping around and doing research before making a purchase. In this case, he made the right one... I'm nearly a 100% GM guy now, but only because I've owned Fords and Mopars. If Ford made a product that "checked all the boxes" for me, I'd buy it.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I wouldn't hold my breath!!

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

What i said had nothing to do with going against shopping around...i was disappointed to see that chevy 'checked all his boxes' rather than ford, as you would put it.

The mach didn't really stand a chance by matter of opinion on an ls1 forum anyway. If he had posted this on mustangforums, he would have been engulfed with a bunch of mustang loyals all the same. It's all biased anymore. Im 90% Ford, having owned 3. And 10% GM, having owned 2. But ill be the first to admit im slowly moving more towards GM on the high performance spectrum after buying my trans am.

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i ran a mach 1 and they arent too shabby.

now, having given my self prescribed one-a-day praise to Ford, get the ss.

there are no reasons needed......just tool around this site and see what people have. see how they look, what power they put down, and what trap speeds they run. fast ls1s are a dime a dozen if youre only partially smart.

why waste money on a supercharger to get a 4.6 to run with a 5.7 when you could get all bolt ons for the 5.7 for the same price and own pretty much everything (to all who are about to split a hair on this, shut up).
    What are you talkin about ?Spray a Mach watch what happens ,500hp all day !Go check out the'' Mach 1 Registry ''go into there Kill section take some kleenex with you ,By the way I owned one .

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by nomorefords View Post
    I'd go with the SS, a guy I worked with had an '04 Mach and i've got an '01 Z28, a4 66k miles with only an slp cai and flowmaster pipes and I beat him 3 out of 3 runs from roles at 30, 40, and 50. We went up to 120 on the last run and I had him by a car length. I could hear him going through the gears and he was hitting them clean too. Go with the BOWTIE yo's!
    So the Mach was stock ?
    If he had a tune cai and exhaust you lose !Get with the program !

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Yea what sprayed said, thats bullshit. You put 4.10 gears into a new edge GT with just exhaust and you'll run with/rape an ls1. Not to mention what you could do with a Mach.

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

What i said had nothing to do with going against shopping around...i was disappointed to see that chevy 'checked all his boxes' rather than ford, as you would put it.

The mach didn't really stand a chance by matter of opinion on an ls1 forum anyway. If he had posted this on mustangforums, he would have been engulfed with a bunch of mustang loyals all the same. It's all biased anymore. Im 90% Ford, having owned 3. And 10% GM, having owned 2. But ill be the first to admit im slowly moving more towards GM on the high performance spectrum after buying my trans am.
    I can agree with with what you are saying but all trhe manufactures are making better cars now and they made good ones then its all preferance and $$$$$

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Right, but like i said this is an ls1 forum full of chevy/pontiac loyals. The Mach isnt going to get the credit it rightfully deserved because all the GM dudes are going to make the camaro out like it was touched by the hand of god. Which they pretty much did. Personally i cant stand 4th gen camaros. They look like catfish...

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Right, but like i said this is an ls1 forum full of chevy/pontiac loyals. The Mach isnt going to get the credit it rightfully deserved because all the GM dudes are going to make the camaro out like it was touched by the hand of god. Which they pretty much did. Personally i cant stand 4th gen camaros. They look like catfish...
    I like you
    But being realistic here is some food for thought in 2003 only 9652 Mach were produced out of that 7709 were manual and 1943 were auto anyone have the Z28s production numbers ?Check out the suspension package the Mach 1 gives you ,Im sure the Z28 doesnt ,so keep in mind all the upgrades that are already there as well

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

IMO an auto mach 1 is as worthless as an auto C6. Theres just no fun in an auto with such power. Granted, my trans am is an auto. And i hate it. First big mod i do will be swapping for a t56. But thats beside the point..

Going back to cost, Mach's are more expensive right off the bat, but they are cheap as hell to mod. 4.10 gears are around 150 SHIPPED from american muscle. Whereas i believe they're 250 from SLP for an ls1? Just to give people an idea.

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

IMO an auto mach 1 is as worthless as an auto C6. Theres just no fun in an auto with such power. Granted, my trans am is an auto. And i hate it. First big mod i do will be swapping for a t56. But thats beside the point..

Going back to cost, Mach's are more expensive right off the bat, but they are cheap as hell to mod. 4.10 gears are around 150 SHIPPED from american muscle. Whereas i believe they're 250 from SLP for an ls1? Just to give people an idea.
    check out the Mach 1 registry They talk about both of these cars as well ,and honestly too ,Ifound that catfish you were talkin about .

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    SS are a dime a dozen....... The Mach 1 will be a investment.
    The Mach is actually a VERY strong foundation for a awsome bottle setup.
    I can defenatly say I would chose the Mach 1 cause I would have a true 10 second bolt on car easier and cheaper than the SS.
    That mod motor in the Mach is a 4 valve Cobra motor without the blower.
    It will be hard for you to not get a biased opion due to the site your asking from.
    Thats my 2 cents for you.
    Correct!

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    if you want your ass kicked get the Mach 1...

if you want to kick some ass, get the SS...

personally i wouldn't spend the money on something that i would get my ass kicked in, but hey that's just me...
    Well you did !

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information