Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS is macked up

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Unhappy SS is macked up

I was on Rt 1&9 at about 1AM this morning in NJ. I was in the left lane and the roads were wet. Some guy in a red Nissan Sentra decides to cut me off right before a traffic light. He slams on his brakes hard so I did the same (nothing else I could do, nowhere to go) I fishtail and hit the divider. Light turns green he speeds off. I drove the car home because I was paranoid, theres no shoulders on 1&9 and I didn't want further damage. I don't know if I should go through insurance or what. Does the car look totalled? It's driveable but BOTH airbags deployed (which is why the windshield is destroyed)

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

should have got his plates and reported that shit, i hate to say it, but thats gonna kinda fuck you right there

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

I couldn't get his plates really. I was completely in shock that smoebody would do that ! he just sped off like a bat out of hell

Black
    2002 SS

It doesn't look totaled, insurance depending on your deductable isn't to bad would be the way to go, cause with the airbags and windsheild alone your looking at 3 grand abouts so unless you wanna come outta pocket boss i would bite that bullet and chalk this one up as a loss, but hey it could always be worse. You got your health amen that your ok. Now you might as well put a body kit on it haha

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2unreal View Post
    It doesn't look totaled, insurance depending on your deductable isn't to bad would be the way to go, cause with the airbags and windsheild alone your looking at 3 grand abouts so unless you wanna come outta pocket boss i would bite that bullet and chalk this one up as a loss, but hey it could always be worse. You got your health amen that your ok. Now you might as well put a body kit on it haha
    Oh it's nowhere near totalled. I was cruising 70 all the way home from the accident (lmao) I guess insurance is the way to go. No body kits for me though, HID's Sunoco hood with black stripes saying 346CI and a SLP grille with silver lettering

NBM
    99 TA

I woulda chased that fucker down and destroyed his world!

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    +1

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    x1000

pewter
    2000 SS

Sorry to see those pics, she'll look like new when u get her out of the Body shop!

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

damn that f'n sucks man hope your insurance will cover everything, good luck

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Oh it's nowhere near totalled. I was cruising 70 all the way home from the accident (lmao) I guess insurance is the way to go. No body kits for me though, HID's Sunoco hood with black stripes saying 346CI and a SLP grille with silver lettering
    I hate to say it but 90%of the time if the Air bags were deployed the insurance company will probably total the car. Karma is a bitch that guy will get whats coming!!!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

You NEED to report it to the police. Any leads can lead to finding the idiot. I solve about 75% of my hit and run cases with about the amount of the info you have. Never leave a scene like that without calling the police, atleast drive somewhere close where you feel safer. Now your insurance is gonna try and prove youre lying sice they only have one car. They will assume you were drinking or something or you were indeed the hit and run car.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I agree with Ressurected.

Plus you'll be amazed at how many camera's are around now a days.

I went out for a cruise about 30 min ago and the car in front of me hit a table on the highway. I had to of missed that thing by less than a foot (good handling ftw).

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Looks similar to the damage done to my old Camaro. Just not quite as extreme.

A new front clip and repacked airbags would've fixed her(frame wasnt bent), but according to my insurance company the airbags on these cars are like 3-4k a piece. Add in the cost of a new front clip, paint job, and whatever else and it was over the value of the car.

Actually they wrote it off as totaled as soon as I told them both airbags popped. Just sent someone to look at it as a formality.

You really should've gotten a license plate or something...

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Well I called the insurance and they said bring it to a body shop to get a quote ! Didn't even want to see the car. They can find my fog light where I hit the divider, it fell off the car. I didn't feel safe anywhere near that area, and theres no shoulder.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Looks similar to the damage done to my old Camaro. Just not quite as extreme.
    Click for full size
    A new front clip and repacked airbags would've fixed her(frame wasnt bent), but according to my insurance company the airbags on these cars are like 3-4k a piece. Add in the cost of a new front clip, paint job, and whatever else and it was over the value of the car.

Actually they wrote it off as totaled as soon as I told them both airbags popped. Just sent someone to look at it as a formality.

You really should've gotten a license plate or something...
    My damage is nowhere near what happened to you! My hood isn't bent up like that, it's cause I tried to pop it and it won't shut back down

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

If they do fix it, you better see about getting the entire car painted. Pewter never seems to match up or blend very well.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Quote Originally Posted by ReSSurected View Post
    If they do fix it, you better see about getting the entire car painted. Pewter never seems to match up or blend very well.
    If they were really going to paint the car I would rather it be NBM but blah. I'll see. I know the owner of the body shop, he's family to me so I doubt they'd total the car.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Get parts/airbags from LsX_heaven to save you some serious cash. Isnt that bad at all. Especially if you drove it home. Get the police and insurance involved as well.

It sucked being doomed.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Could be totaled and you just rebuy/rebuild cheap.

Thread Information