Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SS Clone

This is a discussion on SS Clone within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; At least its not a v6 to ss clone......

WHITE
    2000 Z28 M6

At least its not a v6 to ss clone...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Clones suck not matter what they are and anyone thinking an old clone is better than a newer clone is dumb.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

1: I don't mind if you put SS badges on it, but if I were you I'd go retro z...
    2: I've never raced a z but by looking at the numbers the hp isn't that much different, a few hundred bucks can fix that...
    3: SSs I hear do handle quite a bit better...
    4: Yes, SSs do get more attention these days... Z did back in the day...
    5: Yes SLP marks their stuff up big time!
    Both are awesome cars and are the shit, I say!

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Toes View Post
    At least its not a v6 to ss clone...

now that would be a

Black
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    now that would be a
    haha I actually know this kid at my friends school, he has a v6 vert with a ss hood and a flowmaster muffler, he thought that he was the loudest and fastest camaro in the area...until he met me

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

There is nothing wrong with turning a -Z- into an -SS- !! 3 years ago I bought the car of my dreams. A low mile 97 BLACK SS. I custimized it to the way I WANTED IT and then on August 11 of this year I was struck on the driver side front wheel by a pickup-truck. Both of us were doing 50mph. I broke both of my ankles badly, slashed my arm all to hell, and broke my jaw. The insurance company fucked me so I couldnt get another SS with the money I get. So I bought a high mile 98 Z28 and am currently turning it into an SS. DO WHAT YOU WANT! ITS YOUR CAR!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by nc98z View Post
    Well I could have bought a SS instead of my Z28 but when I drove them both the Z28 out performed it. I don't like SLPs overpriced addons and the price increase that Chevy threw on the cars because they were SSs. The only thing that a SS has over a Z28 is the Kelly Blue Book value.
    wow your ass looks like your car ....plain and simple the SS is a better car....i love z28's always have but its just a fact....SS rules well until the new 400 hp z28 comes out lol. i have owned a 1979 Z28, 1978 R/S, 1995 Camaro, and now my 2001 SS. Camaro's rule !!!!!!!
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 11-14-2006 at 05:31 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    Yea, and with an SS the headlights are brighter, the paint is more lustrious, the air conditioning smells better, and you can't forget about that extra 100 HP
    There is no way u can forget the SS rear end looks better because that is ALL U WILL SEE

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    Oh yea, and the SS has window motors that don't short out. Totally different than a Z28.
    you know SS is a better car

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

some one explain what makes the SS so much better than a Z? i like the hood and the spoiler. that seems to sum up the difference to me. and besides, there's nothing wrong with Z28 badges.

p.s. i don't like the old school Z28 badges. i'd say finish your conversion. what ever is left i suppose

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

I've got a little story... in the beginning of oct. I bought a '02 SS or so I thought. when I fist seen it on the (used) car lot, I was pretty impressed;
    43k mi., nice black paint, lowered, chrome ss wheels, slp sub-connectors, and k&n fipk. I already knew what to look 4 on the ss (WU8) option sticker, but the code was absent. someone went through the trouble to clone an ss right down to the badges/spoiler/wheels/hood(wrong tho' its an RKsport hood)
    and also add a few good bolt ons in the process, even tho' I knew it was fake I still bought it for the lower miles and decent price(21,000).
    the point Im getting at is WHO CARES? Its your ride, do what U want, have fun w/ it... don't ask... don't tell... thats my 2 cents

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Clones suck not matter what they are and anyone thinking an old clone is better than a newer clone is dumb.
    Anyone thinking someone is dumb simply because they have a different opinion than them is an ass.

nc98z
    Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    wow your ass looks like your car ....plain and simple the SS is a better car....i love z28's always have but its just a fact....SS rules well until the new 400 hp z28 comes out lol. i have owned a 1979 Z28, 1978 R/S, 1995 Camaro, and now my 2001 SS. Camaro's rule !!!!!!!
    Id rather drive a Z28 that I fixed up than a SS that SLP has modified. My Z28 already has over 400 RWHP and I didn't have to wait for it. All you got to do is get a set of PRC Heads and MS4. Don't you ever read GMHTP?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I do hahaha

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by SS#1531 View Post
    Anyone thinking someone is dumb simply because they have a different opinion than them is an ass.
    I stated my opinion of basically saying one clone is not better then another because of how old it is, is dumb and that makes me an ass??? Now that is just plain stupid. I can't believe you'd think I'm an ass for having a different opinion. I hope you misread what I said before otherwise your an hypocritical ass.

I stated my opinion of basically saying one clone is not better then another because of how old it is, is dumb and that makes me an ass??? Now that is just plain stupid. I can't believe you'd think I'm an ass for having a different opinion. I hope you misread what I said before otherwise your an hypocritical ass.
    I have no problem with you having a different opinion of me. I re-read your original post and to me it clearly states that not only do you disagree with my opinion and anyone who agree's with me (which is fine), but you said that "anyone" (meaning person) is dumb for having that opinion. I certainly don't think you're dumb just for not liking older clones. If I'm reading too much into your post, I apologize, if not I stick to my original reply.

kalanschlo, when it comes down to it, it's your car, do whatever you want with it. In your situation I would finish up the SS conversion, but keep the Z28 badges, but it's your car. I definitely wouldn't put SS badges on it until the conversion is compete though, othewise everyone will know it's not real. The more complete the conversion is, the more accepted it will be to rebadge it. SS's start life as Z28's anyway. A Z28 with ALL the SS parts has much more of a right to wear SS badges than a V6 car with a hood and spoiler being rebadged. Now that's disgraceful! Also, if anyone asks, be honest that's it's a clone/tribute car. Even in a 1st gen it would be wrong to play off a clone as the real deal.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by SS#1531 View Post
    I have no problem with you having a different opinion of me. I re-read your original post and to me it clearly states that not only do you disagree with my opinion and anyone who agree's with me (which is fine), but you said that "anyone" (meaning person) is dumb for having that opinion. I certainly don't think you're dumb just for not liking older clones. If I'm reading too much into your post, I apologize, if not I stick to my original reply.
    I was meaning the idea and not the person is dumb. To me it's like like pretending your from downsouth by trying to use the accent and talk like them when you've never even been there for anything except a vacation (maybe) and that is dumb. I don't care what year the clone is or how exact it is will never be the real deal. I think you missed my point that any clone is not as good as the original in my book. If someone wants do it that's their choice and good luck to them trying to be something they are not. Peace bro.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by craz28 View Post
    haha I actually know this kid at my friends school, he has a v6 vert with a ss hood and a flowmaster muffler, he thought that he was the loudest and fastest camaro in the area...until he met me

a buddy of mine has a 06' cobalt and said he pulled on a ls1 SS bad. I knew it was bull...so I went out and set the record streight for our fellow fbody owners. my SS is stockish(lid,exhaust and pro 5.0)I must of pulled a good 4-5 cars from a a15mph roll. after the all that I told him "how come you couldnt keep up if you said you pulled on on a ls1 SS".he couldnt belive it. he sworn it was a ls1 camaro just like mine. so my opinion is maybe it was a V6 w/ SS badging

I was meaning the idea and not the person is dumb. To me it's like like pretending your from downsouth by trying to use the accent and talk like them when you've never even been there for anything except a vacation (maybe) and that is dumb. I don't care what year the clone is or how exact it is will never be the real deal. I think you missed my point that any clone is not as good as the original in my book. If someone wants do it that's their choice and good luck to them trying to be something they are not. Peace bro.
    No doubt that a clone will never be as good as the real deal, regardless of the year, but older clones seem to be generally more accepted. Sorry about the confusion. Nice car BTW.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information