Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring revival

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Spring revival

I'm curious what things I should do when spring time comes around what I should do after my SS has sat for 6 months? I think I did a good job preping it for winter but just so nothing doesn't break or have any troubles what should I do for first time driving after winter.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Make love to it.

Check fluids? Tire pressure? etc....?

Those are just geusses as I DON'T abandon my car for the winter months. We are together through thick and thin. Rain and shine. Snow and sleet. We brave the elements together.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by sct771 View Post
    I'm curious what things I should do when spring time comes around what I should do after my SS has sat for 6 months? I think I did a good job preping it for winter but just so nothing doesn't break or have any troubles what should I do for first time driving after winter.
    Agreed with Boomer... take it out for a nice sea food dinner first, and then home for "desert"

I do an oil change every year in the spring time and check my tire pressures and fluid levels. Make sure there were no puddles in the garage where it layed dormant for all those months, and then, just drive it!

Oh.... and clean the piss out of it!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

I wish it sat in a garage for the winter.I covered it pretty well outside. I guess just changing the oil and checking fluids is really the only thing you can do. I'll let it run for awhile before i move it then go out for a nice meal maybe to BK. Can't wait to get up to the track again when nice weather gets here. Winter SUCKS!!!

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

I wish it sat in a garage for the winter.I covered it pretty well outside. I guess just changing the oil and checking fluids is really the only thing you can do. I'll let it run for awhile before i move it then go out for a nice meal maybe to BK. Can't wait to get up to the track again when nice weather gets here. Winter SUCKS!!!
    BK??? Dollar Menunaire huh??? Cheapskate.... don't even wine and dine just wanna take her to the track.... lololololol

2000 Camaro SS, M6, Edelbrock LT's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Edelbrock Adjustable Coil-Overs
    1986 Camaro Iroc LS1 Swap In Progress

Blue Magic...
    Like Pepsi It's A Brand Name...

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

i say oil change, a few coats of wax and some love making like others said

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

I did the same thing...covered it fairly well and started it up at least once every few weeks. Today I changed the oil, swapped tranny mounts (hated the poly one), checked fluids, put insurance back on and took it out for a drive. Tomorrow I'm gonna wash and wax, and go for a cruise.

What track do you normally go to? I see you're in Connecticut as well. We should get all the local CT people together and head to Lebanon this summer or something

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

where in ct you from? I live in marlborough which is off of rt 2. Yeah its lebanon I go to with a acouple of buddies. Ones got a lt1 Firebird, 2000 SS with head work and a cam, and the others got a pretty much stock 4.6 stang.....slow pos but whatever. I got plans to do a cam and some valvetrain work before the summer starts so i wanna get up there as soon as I can. Nice choice on color for your SS too by the way. Def get some cars together and cruise around for sure. Let me know of anything this summer cause ill be interested. You got any more pics of your SS too.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

I'm in Newington, just a few miles outside Hartford. At least your friends have American cars lol, everyone I know has gone Japanese.

Here are some more pics of the SS. Gotta love red, haha
    http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97811

Got any pics of yours?

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

No kidding. i used to go to central so im pretty familiar with the area. Ya sorry to hear about your friends choices in cars, guess they never experience what a real car is. What mods you got done to yours? You got yours already back on the road?

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...SS/2000/13656/

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Just got it back on today, washed and waxed it up. I'm about to go take a ride and get some dinner....hopefully I don't go through any puddles ha. Only mods so far are a SLP lid, Magnaflow catback, and Lakewood LCA's. I don't have any major plans for it, maybe an LS7 clutch in a few months, but that's it for now.

SICK SS man, that's got an awesome stance to it. I bet it looks even more killer in person
    Last edited by Poppn; 02-15-2009 at 12:22 PM.

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

What are Lakewood LCA's. Prolly not taking mine out till april or so. Tryin to keep the miles down and have a second car for my daily driver. I put a Textralia clutch in mile and I love it. Granted it was a pretty good chunk of change but grabs and can handle lots of power plus is very durable. Thanks for the compliments but its always a work in progress. Any appearance mods you looking to do?

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

here are the lakewood control arms http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I have a DD buick that I'm gonna keep around until mid march in case it snows, and then I'll go full time on the Camaro. I only drive about 5-10K miles a year, so I'm not too worried.

I've been looking at wheels to get, but I'm indecisive. I've also been thinking about trying a black vinyl scoop insert, and possibly a black berger panel (which btw looks amazing on your car)

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Ohh it suspension.....gottcha If you want different wheels I could sell you my SS wheels with tires pretty good condition but not sure if you anted to go aftermarket. I had a scoop insert on my car last year but took it off cause I preferred the look of just a plain hood. If you wanna do something with your hood a manta decal or painted on looks pretty good.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

are they the 10 spoke SS wheels? I love the look of those. Got any pics?

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

ya the stock 10 spoke..Perfect condition with really good tread on the tires if your interested. Here's a few pics. I've seen these powder coated black that look sick so something to think about if you like them.
    [IMG]http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/13656234465.jpg?1234754631[/IMG

one of the scoop decal

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

What exhaust do you have sct?

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

just chopped of my stock muffler and put up a hooker aero chamber muffler and to dress it up I found a set of tips. Those are old pics and since I changed to a set of clone corsa tips. I have an exhaust cutout on there as well. I'm putting on a set of pacesetter headers with a catted y next month.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I gotcha, I just bought the Magnaflow catback and thought that might have been the look. I just want the snow and rain to quit so I can get working on the install here.

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Ya nothing special here. Good luck with install. What you puttin it on?

Thread Information