Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Someone should jump on this.

I already have a fast intake, but to whoever wants a whole set up, here ya go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FAST-...25#ht_7835wt_0

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

it appears to me that theres a huge dent in the top of it on the 4th picture, right above the one that shows the bottom. but then again ive never seen one by itself.

but seriously, is a grand worth the 15-20hp gains theyre stating?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    it appears to me that theres a huge dent in the top of it on the 4th picture, right above the one that shows the bottom. but then again ive never seen one by itself.

Well although I agree with the cost per HP you mentioned,,,,actually $1,000 is cheap for everything that is offered.

I believe with the 90mm throttle body, fuel rails etc...if purchased new you are talking closer to $2,000 if I'm not mistaken.

But in reality I tend to shy away from the fast intakes,,,although great power producers it's really overkill for anything that I care to do with my 4th gens. An LS6 intake gets the job done for me at a fraction of the cost.

For the money a FAST intake setup would cost I think I'd rather blow that kind of dough on other things like a good nitrous setup, or put the money towards a rearend or a Procharger setup. Just me talking though.

Still appears to be a good buy for someone though.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post

the dent is for the fuel rails, they all have that. It wraps around them. It's alot bigger than a stock LS1 intake.

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    the dent is for the fuel rails, they all have that. It wraps around them. It's alot bigger than a stock LS1 intake.
    Yeah, but is it worth $1000 bucks for 15-20hp. I think I'd go for the Ls6 intake over spending that.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Yeah, but is it worth $1000 bucks for 15-20hp. I think I'd go for the Ls6 intake over spending that.
    When you open your hood people see FAST written in there. Chicks like FAST cars and this is a big clue for them.

black
    99 z28 a4

street warrior hit the market curious to see if it matches up to the hype... like 30hp over an ls6...

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    When you open your hood people see FAST written in there. Chicks like FAST cars and this is a big clue for them.
    Then you buy it. They'll know Im fast when there looking at my tail lights.

Then you buy it. They'll know Im fast when there looking at my tail lights.
    Ya thats pretty much my thoughts.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Wow, thats actually a good deal. With the fuel rails and injectors. What injectors are they?

The dent is supposed to be there. Has to actually. I would have bought it before I bought my 92/PTM92. Not too crazy about that FAST 90 mm TB though.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    personnaly i am not sure about how much material there actually is between the fast logo and the t/b opening but i would like to sand the logo off and make it look like an ls6 and paint it. i dont like advertisement. now if fast somehow sponsored me and bought me alot of stuff i would mind sporting the logo but i have a feeling that my chances are none on that situation lol. so my money my mod choice and my alterations if i want to do so. i like the taillights comment but i am in no position to race everything i see and expect to never see taillights lol.
    2000 white z28, t-tops, free mods, intake, full exhaust, dyno tune, repro c5 z06 wheels, and some elbow grease here and there.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

ill tell you whats worth $1k. buying a FAST 90/90, porting it, and gaining 35rwhp OVER the piece of shit Ls6 intake I had previously bought and installed on my H/C car...

it's the Ls6 intake that's a waste of time, money, and resources, unless youre plans include spraying or forced induction...

what people seem to forget is that it's 15-20 over the Ls6 intake, not the Ls1 intake...

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    ill tell you whats worth $1k. buying a FAST 90/90, porting it, and gaining 35rwhp OVER the piece of shit Ls6 intake I had previously bought and installed on my H/C car...

it's the Ls6 intake that's a waste of time, money, and resources, unless youre plans include spraying or forced induction...

what people seem to forget is that it's 15-20 over the Ls6 intake, not the Ls1 intake...
    Eh,,,15 to 20 HP over the LS6 isn't enough to justify spending $2000 or more for a new setup. Thats really not enough HP difference to get me excited.

I could see spending the money for a full effort 346 to assult the strip,,,,or a large stroker motor that needs the added plenum volume,,,,,,but for a street car I use primarily for cruising around I can't justify it. The LS6 does the trick for me and 70% of the other bolt on cars out there, putting enough power to the rear wheels to make a fun car to drive.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Eh,,,15 to 20 HP over the LS6 isn't enough to justify spending $2000 or more for a new setup. Thats really not enough HP difference to get me excited.

I could see spending the money for a full effort 346 to assult the strip,,,,or a large stroker motor that needs the added plenum volume,,,,,,but for a street car I use primarily for cruising around I can't justify it. The LS6 does the trick for me and 70% of the other bolt on cars out there, putting enough power to the rear wheels to make a fun car to drive.
    my car is primarily a street car and the Ls6 intake felt like it choked the car. purchased my FAST 90/90 for $1k (ported, and more porting done by me)...

if anyone out there is dropping $2k, then they are getting taken. people can port the FAST themselves. however, i certainly see where you are coming from...

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Thread Information