Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

so sick of this.

This is a discussion on so sick of this. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I get the ''your car is gay bc it ant a stick'' and im like it doesn't matter, i can ...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

I get the ''your car is gay bc it ant a stick'' and im like it doesn't matter, i can beat your shitty car in reverse..

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Anybody that sez an auto trans car sucks probably sucks at life......

Like Firebird said: It was the converter tech that kept auto tranny cars out of the running. Then Buick came up with a "switch pitch" converter for the BPO TH400. Pretty awsome on the launch.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I really like my stalled auto. Nothing out shifts me and its really nice at the end of every race, cuz i'm not making excuses of why i lost, unlike the kid with the m6 in the rear view mirror. You can't out launch me unless you are spraying that thing off the line and running slicks buddy

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

how much of a difference did your stall make on gas mileage?

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

only time i wish i had the M6 rather then my A4 is when i used to street race and the street was dirty it would have been nice to down shift and pull harder rather then just blow smoke lol the other was when i lived in Colorado and I used to take mountain passes 100 plus mph then i stop and think nawh my A4 handled it great and allowed me to use both hands on the wheal lol and like my dad says the PC knows alot more about shifting then i do lol

PEWTER
    2001 camaro

I hear what your saying bluefeilds88 try this line what do you drive? Chances are its not a camaro or a TA so there for it sucks! And you can then tell him your sorry for his misfortion and some day when he sells his honda with the windows tinted just so knowone can tell that its him driving that embarrassment you guys can race

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I got the whole "At what RPM do you shift at" question the 1st time I went to the track here. Had 2 people ask me that. Then when I told them it was an A4 they just looked at me puzzled, hell one even walked over and checked out my car just to make sure.

I had a 98 Formula M6, it was by far the worst driving experience that I have ever had, I will prolly never own another manual trans car.

Besides that I'm looking to spray and I wouldnt want to miss a gear at 6,000 rpm with 150 shot.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Most people around here think that ws6 means 6 speed TA. I get that same speech on "what a waste" of it not being 6 speed.

I use the old high school phrase to shut them up and tell them to get back to me when they do some research on "fast cars"

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    how much of a difference did your stall make on gas mileage?
    18-27 before the stall....

i wasn't very nice to it after i put it in and managed 16 all in town. if i ever can drive it long enough without putting it to the floor, i guarantee i could get 27 or higher again on the highway

i didn't buy the car for gas mileage anyways, although i knew these cars got great gas mileage before i bought it

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

i have had two A4s (98 Z, 99 SS), and i loved them both. i also caught that same line of bullshit from people. i told them one of two things: 1. blow it out their ass 2. lets line them up and see, and i'll talk on my cell phone and eat food while i blow them out of the water.

i do enjoy the hell out of my M6 tho, i won't lie. the A4 is def more consistent obviously. nobody can say that there is anything wrong with driving an A4, because the LS1 is just too much damn fun regardless
    02 Berger SS #86, SLP #4344: 380 hp/400 tq pkg, M6
    Dyno: 329.59 RWHP @ 5500/348.39 RWTQ @ 4500

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    i have had two A4s (98 Z, 99 SS), and i loved them both. i also caught that same line of bullshit from people. i told them one of two things: 1. blow it out their ass 2. lets line them up and see, and i'll talk on my cell phone and eat food while i blow them out of the water.

i do enjoy the hell out of my M6 tho, i won't lie. the A4 is def more consistent obviously. nobody can say that there is anything wrong with driving an A4, because the LS1 is just too much damn fun regardless
    it's kinda funny when the guy that wants to talk crap about your a4, drive a kia, or honda...true story

i'm like, ok look what i drive and now look at what you drive, why are you talking down to me? but i realize they are dumb and i just carry on

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i'm really good at driving stick, my first cars were stickshifts and i still drive them on a regular basis (most cars here are standards).

i would never trade my auto for a stick, never ever! stick is fun for 10 minutes and then i always miss my auto. also, i'm still faster than pretty much anybody else....

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

1999 Z28

It depends on the person. Personally I like to drive my cars not ride in them. I converted my 83 to a T-56 its just too much fun to drive a stick.

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

At first when i was looking at camaros i definately wanted a m6. But i ended up picking up an 01 z28 for 4500, so i couldnt pass it up. I thought i wasnt going to like driving automatic as much but when you hit the gas and get pushed into your seat you cant complain. Its still a lot of fun to drive.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    Just a typical LS1.com thread.

Seen it before, will see it again.
    I could care less....M6 or A4. Either can perform GREAT.
    A4 needs a stall.
    M6 needs more. A good driver, a REALLY sticky tire, and a really good driver.

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

ive got an A4 for 2 reasons. one is my wife doesnt like driving a stick and she drives it some. and two seems like every m6 i found was obviously beat on alot. my car is very clean and one owner before me. when you buy used cars you usually have to give up something. i gave up the m6 in favor of a cleaner less abused car

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

I'm sorry but I've heard that excuse so many times about the wife. Its YOUR car. When I get married no way in hell am I goin to an auto for her. She can learn or just not drive it. Not EVERYTHING has to be split. I taught my girlfriend how to drive stick.

Black
    1998 Z28

Yeah i always love hearing come on now that aint no real sports car cause its not a stick, lol give me a break u dont see me missing gears

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information