Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

so much for a rare color..i have to vent

This is a discussion on so much for a rare color..i have to vent within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ^ Well done sir....

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

^ Well done sir.
    94 m6 Formula - Sold
    2000 NHRA Formula - Always For Sale

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by SLP02SS View Post
    Gee, got more feedback than i thought i would.

I know its kinda silly to have a car like this and not drive it everyday but if i had a desk job and got to wear nice clothes everyday to work then hell yeah id drive it, but between comming home everyday looking grey, dusty, sweaty, and muddy greasy shoes/boots and no room to haul lumber or anything else it really cant be drivin everyday, not that i haul anything for work in my tbss but the black interior in that isnt black anymore the floormats are filthy and everthing else is slowly getting ruined, my tan leather in the camaro would be brown and all cut up by know, thats why i got cloth in the tbss, my denali had leather and it was done for after two years of driving to workand it was cleaned every weekend. Plus its nice to come home and just get in it and drive without having to clean it before i go to a cruise or show or just out for a drive and hey if the time comes and the offer is right then it will be worth that much more just because i didnt drive it everyday and mess it all up...dont get me wrong not saying you daily guys cars arent clean, im just sayin mine would be messed up if it was drivin every day cuz of my work. I get sh!t from everyone all the time because its not drivin everyday, its not like it only goes out once every 4 months i drive it weekly, just not every day to work or if its gonna storm real bad, i give props to you guys that drive em everyday and props to guys like myself and y2k whos cars spend life in a garage and could be flipped over and eaten off the bottom of them. to each is own
    I bought the 98 as a DD cuz I like driving these cars (LS1 engined 4th gens). I bought it because as I mod the 02 more and more and race it more often I don't have to worry about stuff breaking. Well, at least not as much as if I had to drive it to work the next day. I'm sure you know what I mean.

02 Camaro SS S.O.M.
    07 Trailblazer SS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bryceslu View Post
    ^ Well done sir.
    thanks, I was hoping that came across the right way

bought the 98 as a DD cuz I like driving these cars (LS1 engined 4th gens)
    that would be badass to have two....nice

02 som SS #4818 m6 all SLP options, cme, lt's, ory, e-cutout, lowered(slammed), Pro 5.0, 4:10s, boltons, 19" CCW 505A'S, 365rwhp 379ftlbs
    07 silverstone TBSS matching SS hood, cai, exhaust, HP tuners, DJM/Beltech, DAILY DRIVER

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Since yours isn't rare anymore, we can trade
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Im pretty sure that SOM was a rear color, and also cme. If so then ohio got a lot of the rare som camaros and 3 som's with cme. I seen two just like mine at the camaro show at summitracinga few yrs ago, one with the same tan interior as me and one with the black/charcoal interior both had cme, one was bone stock with headers and flowmaster and the other was bone stock aside from a sts turbo. mine has wheels, lowered, ect, ect, so what ever. This past weekend we went to the biggest show of the year around here at the raceway and there were two more som camaros at the track and one at the cruise, a rs - auto same color interior, stock wheels, a older 00 or 01 ss without cme, zr1's and a black interior and when i was leaving i saw another
    z28 with the same wheels as me, didnt see what color interior but wtf, i was cool till i seen another som camaro with the same wheels as me, its different on here or anywere else online but in the same city at a car show?!? I know they are a totally different cars but for people not like us its just, "the same car"......bull, ive been freakin out ever since then thinking about painting it (twotone) or just selling it, its costing me so much to have it and its supposed to be so rare but there are at least 7 som's in ohio that i know about. I almost wanna sell it and buy a used one with a but load of miles on it thats paid off and just build a 408 or 427 ls1 and do the rearend and paint job with ccw's on that instead of spending the money to put a rearend and ccws on my already expensive "rare" 02 som. I dont know what to do? just finish paying mine off then do the rear end, heads, cam ,ccw's, or just sell it and buy a older higher mile one and have the money to do all that stuff now and still have the same or even better car in the end. Sorry for ranting im just a little stressed out if youve read this long then thanks for listening
    http://camaroz28.com/articles/02buil...rs/index.shtml

well for 02' they produced 71U Sunset Orange Metallic SS's- 41 - 3.2%
    that were 6speed.

01 '71U Sunset Orange Metallic SS's - 234

that means that there are 275 "SOM SS with 6 speeds ever produced out of
    7,523 SS ever produced in 01' 02. keep in mind SOM were only offered in these 2 years. that pretty fucken rare if you ask me. that fact that there are 7 SOM's in your area does suck,but still doesent take away from the rareness of the car.
    here in cali there are 3 real SOM SS's including me 2 have the CMe my car had it but previous owner sold it.,1 z28 with SS package(replica) and 2 other Z28's.
    I'm the only one I've seen with a 6speed tan interior. At all the meets everyone jocks my car dues to the rareness of the color.I love that shit.All the other SOM's meet up with me in my area at car meets and I honestly dont mind it because we are still one of the best rarest colors on the fbodies.

02 Camaro SS S.O.M.
    07 Trailblazer SS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Since yours isn't rare anymore, we can trade
    dont tempt me preston

Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    http://camaroz28.com/articles/02buil...rs/index.shtml

well for 02' they produced 71U Sunset Orange Metallic SS's- 41 - 3.2%
    that were 6speed.

01 '71U Sunset Orange Metallic SS's - 234

that means that there are 275 "SOM SS with 6 speeds ever produced out of
    7,523 SS ever produced in 01' 02. keep in mind SOM were only offered in these 2 years. that pretty fucken rare if you ask me. that fact that there are 7 SOM's in your area does suck,but still doesent take away from the rareness of the car.
    here in cali there are 3 real SOM SS's including me 2 have the CMe my car had it but previous owner sold it.,1 z28 with SS package(replica) and 2 other Z28's.
    I'm the only one I've seen with a 6speed tan interior. At all the meets everyone jocks my car dues to the rareness of the color.I love that shit.All the other SOM's meet up with me in my area at car meets and I honestly dont mind it because we are still one of the best rarest colors on the fbodies.
    thanks man, i knew about that, was just kinda pissed that there are so many of them in ohio, im over it though.... There is one other SS that has tan interior with a 6speed in it here, other than that yours is the only other one thats the same as mine ive seen, the other 2 som SS's runnin around have the black/charcoal interior

red
    0235thanv

Im pretty sure that SOM was a rear color, and also cme. If so then ohio got a lot of the rare som camaros and 3 som's with cme. I seen two just like mine at the camaro show at summitracinga few yrs ago, one with the same tan interior as me and one with the black/charcoal interior both had cme, one was bone stock with headers and flowmaster and the other was bone stock aside from a sts turbo. mine has wheels, lowered, ect, ect, so what ever. This past weekend we went to the biggest show of the year around here at the raceway and there were two more som camaros at the track and one at the cruise, a rs - auto same color interior, stock wheels, a older 00 or 01 ss without cme, zr1's and a black interior and when i was leaving i saw another
    z28 with the same wheels as me, didnt see what color interior but wtf, i was cool till i seen another som camaro with the same wheels as me, its different on here or anywere else online but in the same city at a car show?!? I know they are a totally different cars but for people not like us its just, "the same car"......bull, ive been freakin out ever since then thinking about painting it (twotone) or just selling it, its costing me so much to have it and its supposed to be so rare but there are at least 7 som's in ohio that i know about. I almost wanna sell it and buy a used one with a but load of miles on it thats paid off and just build a 408 or 427 ls1 and do the rearend and paint job with ccw's on that instead of spending the money to put a rearend and ccws on my already expensive "rare" 02 som. I dont know what to do? just finish paying mine off then do the rear end, heads, cam ,ccw's, or just sell it and buy a older higher mile one and have the money to do all that stuff now and still have the same or even better car in the end. Sorry for ranting im just a little stressed out if youve read this long then thanks for listening
    Dude!!!If this is the worst thing going on in your life right now,,your one lucky man LOL!!So what you saw 2 or 3 other SOMS.Your definatly the first guy ive(( EVER)) heard crying about something as stupid as this LOL!!!Dude,,Your at a freaking car cruise or show for gods sake!!! What you should have did and what i would have done, was park your ride next to your SOM brothers instead of hateing on them LOL!!!Seriously!!! I bought and own a 35th LE only 3000 us models my man, and ive seen 2 of them at my local cruise last month LOL And when i saw my LE brothers and smiled and waved at them ,The did the same and offered me up a spot at the cruise next to them.I parked and talked with them all that night like im telling you to do!! Be a lover my man. Not a hater
    Last edited by barnat2007; 06-28-2008 at 06:23 PM.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by barnat2007 View Post
    Dude!!!If this is the worst thing going on in your life right now,,your one lucky man LOL!!So what you saw 2 or 3 other SOMS.Your definatly the first guy ive(( EVER)) heard crying about something as stupid as this LOL!!!Dude,,Your at a freaking car cruise or show for gods sake!!! What you should have did and what i would have done, was park your ride next to your SOM brothers instead of hateing on them LOL!!!Seriously!!! I bought and own a 35th LE only 3000 us models my man, and ive seen 2 of them at my local cruise last month LOL And when i saw my LE brothers and smiled and waved at them ,The did the same and offered me up a spot at the cruise next to them.I parked and talked with them all that night like im telling you to do!! Be a lover my man. Not a hater

lol! I agree 110%

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

Trust me look at the other SS's compared to you. Yours is rare brother I promise ya that. My SOM SS vert is 1 of 37 and only way I'd let it go is for a 03 EB Z06. Keep it and enjoy.
    2001 SOM SS Vert 1 of 37 verts with a 6 speed. Kook LT's with cats, fast 90mm ported intake, Nick Williams 90mm TB, AFR 205's and so on. Tuning/installs done by Williams Performance.

02 Camaro SS S.O.M.
    07 Trailblazer SS AWD

Im cool now guys..... just had a bad weekend i guess that weekend and i know i was cryin but i realized that it was stupid, kinda wish i didnt post this but everyones comments helped me realize that i was dumb for being a baby about it. Just waiting till the day when it is finished the way i want it and no.......I am NOT painting it, just something my friends are trying to get me to do, i dont like it, so dont worrie im not gonna ruin the paint.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

thanks guys. I know, im crazy. I get in the "selling mood" every now and then. just took it out for a couple of hours tonite and just cant bring myself to get rid of it. I figure itll be paid off soon and then i can mod the hell out of it so its faster then the new ones. And get my wheels i want.
    I hate to really burst your bubble but the new camaro will have more hp and the z28 is likely to push 650 horsies. This means your ss is reduced to racing the new v6, and it's going to be a pretty even fight without mods. On a lighter note it's just a color. If you want to be unique just add a vinyl.
    Last edited by ezwip; 07-01-2008 at 05:46 PM.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSS1 View Post
    Sorry can't let that comment pass. Black is beautiful even if common.

And where in my post did I say black was ugly?

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    And where in my post did I say black was ugly?
    You only suggested that he'd drive it off a cliff because they are plentiful. I know his SOM (whatever that means) is supposed to be rare, but my two cents on the matter... it's rare because it's dull. I'd prefer a brighter red.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information