Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

so this kid wants to race me...

This is a discussion on so this kid wants to race me... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; You guys don't know how good you have it! I had a 92 Pontiac Sunbird in High School. Then I ...

Artic White
    2001 Z-28

You guys don't know how good you have it! I had a 92 Pontiac Sunbird in High School. Then I upgraded to a 95 Grand Am Gt. I thought i was the shit in my grand am. hahahha. As for not having a car and getting girls. I would say at least 4 of the first dates I have been on the girl has driven. I have a funny way of destroying cars. I didn't have a car for about 6 weeks in December and my girlfreind was driving an hour and a half to pick me up from her college. as for all the sluts... "Don't be a fool wrap your tool!"

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by smg267
    You guys don't know how good you have it! I had a 92 Pontiac Sunbird in High School. Then I upgraded to a 95 Grand Am Gt. I thought i was the shit in my grand am. hahahha. As for not having a car and getting girls. I would say at least 4 of the first dates I have been on the girl has driven. I have a funny way of destroying cars. I didn't have a car for about 6 weeks in December and my girlfreind was driving an hour and a half to pick me up from her college. as for all the sluts... "Don't be a fool wrap your tool!"
    Since when is there 6 weeks in one month? That must have been one long ass month...

White
    2001 Trans Am

Without the love of your life a month can feel like 6 weeks easy, I think we can ALL agree on that!!

Red
    02 Z28 Camaro

Why don't you just try to find out who this kid has raced and what kinds of cars/ mods they have? Plus do us all a favor and go to the track we want to be able to hear the outcome of this race.

On a side note, this thread reminds of a race I won a couple years back in my 96 Silverado Ext-cab longbed 4x4 305 vortec for 250 dollars against a slightly modded civic. This guy swore he had me beat. It was the funniest shit ever, here I am in my bone stock 5200 lbs. 25 foot long 230 hp 285 tq truck and I got him by 2 truck lengths. I had to chase him down and threaten him to give me the money he was so pissed.... ahh good times

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Get a girlfriend then... I never have to worry about getting some, she comes to me nearly everyday wanting it!

Catholic School Girls = <3s teh cock!
    I diagree and agree. I disagree with a girlfriend. Im only a month into 17, still a kid, i dont want to be restricted by anything. I had 1 for 7 months when i was 15-16 and im glad im out of that and free now. Plus the thrill of the hunt keeps me busy and entertained. I also like to switch it up, same thing over and over gets boring you know. I agree with catholic/private school girls though, they are always willing to spread em.

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by NaztyZ28
    Why don't you just try to find out who this kid has raced and what kinds of cars/ mods they have? Plus do us all a favor and go to the track we want to be able to hear the outcome of this race.
    Hes only raced other civics. Like bolt on si's, bolt on integra's, a stock gst and all the other ricers around town. He claims to have raced a pro charged vette and lost by 1 car. I spit on him i laughed so hard, well almost haha. As far as getting to the track, i dont feel like doing any pushing...but as soon as i get er back up and running then off to the track i go. And yes, ill be recording it. As well as like 5 other kids that want to race me.

Red
    02 Z28 Camaro

I might look at it this way, many ricers feel insecure as the F-body crowd is a threat to their bee-hive driven masterpieces. He must think your damn good threat to want to prove his car is sooo much faster. If he's a big bragger and throws his weight around about who he's supposedly beaten, in my experience many times it means they are slow. I think you got a good chance a taking this guy, you got some mods which is good for at least some # of horsepower over stock. Also not to get too over the top with this but what kind of financial situation is this kid in? Does he got the dough or the ability to suck his parents funds to make a fast car? I think you mentioned before that you took a ride in his car, did it push your ass into the seat like yours? I think even if he has decent hp the almighty god of TORQUE will sail you to victory.
    Last edited by Shatterz; 05-03-2006 at 01:28 PM.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

I think even if he has decent hp the almighty god of TORQUE will sail you to victory.
    Already covered this...

If the kid knows how to launch, and I mean really know how to launch, tq means nothing. I used to launch my Celica around 6,000rpms, right in its HP band. I never once saw any tq. It was very hard on the car and could have been disastarous if I messed up, but the most I didn't was ride the clutch a little bit.

Even right now in my STi, I slip the clutch at about 5,000rpms...

black
    98 z28 m6

I might look at it this way, many ricers feel insecure as the F-body crowd is a threat to their bee-hive driven masterpieces. He must think your damn good threat to want to prove his car is sooo much faster. If he's a big bragger and throws his weight around about who he's supposedly beaten, in my experience many times it means they are slow. I think you got a good chance a taking this guy, you got some mods which is good for at least some # of horsepower over stock. Also not to get too over the top with this but what kind of financial situation is this kid in? Does he got the dough or the ability to suck his parents funds to make a fast car? I think you mentioned before that you took a ride in his car, did it push your ass into the seat like yours? I think even if he has decent hp the almighty god of TORQUE will sail you to victory.
    When i was in it was when the thing was dripping oil, literally, right out the exhaust and ran like shit. That was before he got it rebuilt and tuned. He doesnt have mommy and daddy funds. His car sat for 5 months when he needed the rebuild. As we speak he doesnt even have a job and his last job was a telemarketer at minimum wage. Hes just skipping by by bumming gas $ off his rents. Hes got a big ego w/ his car cause he can beat all the little si's around and because its a TYPE R MANNN.

I really hope that is not sarcasm... I have tried to be as unbiased as possible on this forum, which really isn't to hard for me, since I'm not really biased towards imports or domestics.
    nah dude, totally not sarcasm, I really think that you are a cool guy, especially for driving an import

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    Yeah, hes a highshool kid, so what? I am too, were both in the same grade in the same school---11th. Resources? All you need is the net and some common sense. This kid is really into his car, as i am with mine. Hell hes "probable" doing the same thing i am but on a honda site.
    no, no, no you're missing the point. It's my understanding that for a honda just to run with an F-body it takes major mods, and what do mods take? money/resources. It has nothing to do with age, yours especially (b/c you have the f-bod) it's just all the more likely he won't have the money/time/resources to put into a car that is already so much slower than a stock camaro, and yours is modded.

ttocs...how far are you from lancaster? this oughta be a fun race to watch. i've got a h/c 02ss. true, hondas can be made fast but i really doubt this guy is one of them
    Pink wire loom.
    Awesome.

Dark Gray 02 Tahoe
    A few too many Lsx's!

Go kick some Civic Butt! haha.....

Shelby

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss
    ttocs...how far are you from lancaster? this oughta be a fun race to watch. i've got a h/c 02ss. true, hondas can be made fast but i really doubt this guy is one of them
    Your a good hour and a half away.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbySS
    Go kick some Civic Butt! haha.....

Shelby
    ........:firedevil

www .sdsefi.com/features/july99crx.htm

The thing has 213 hp lol.
    Dude, You need to invest thousands of dollars into your N/A Civic to beat a fbod. Unless he has a very high paying job or rich parents his Civic probably wont beat you. Your car stock probably out-torques him like double. I am sure he is good at launching his civic, but civics cant launch that good anyway.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

^I never saw that the car was NA... It could have a turbo or supercharger...

Power is nothing, until you look at it vs. weight. A car with 300hp but weighs 4000lbs will be slower than a car with 200hp and weighs 2500lbs...

Dark Gray 02 Tahoe
    A few too many Lsx's!

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    ........:firedevil

lol cute

^I never saw that the car was NA... It could have a turbo or supercharger...

Power is nothing, until you look at it vs. weight. A car with 300hp but weighs 4000lbs will be slower than a car with 200hp and weighs 2500lbs...
    I know about power to weight ratio, i was just saying, its that fast and has 213 hp thats crazy.

It says in the page, "...one of the fastest naturally aspirated, non-nitrous Hondas in North America."

ttocs...did you run him yet?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information