Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

so this kid wants to race me...

This is a discussion on so this kid wants to race me... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by V8This To bad he isn't getting 30mpg anymore... I bought my STi thinking yeah its a 4 ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    To bad he isn't getting 30mpg anymore... I bought my STi thinking yeah its a 4 banger I'll get good mpg, but that my friend is a lie. I get worse mileage than a V8, but I am catless, so I know that is part of the problem.
    I've actualy heard that from a lot of STI/Evo owners. Less cylinders doesn't always mean better fuel economy, especially when the power is midway through the RPM range, and the gears are extremely short ratio.

What kind of MPG are you getting??

White
    2001 Trans Am

There is a domestic for each import I don't race...

Civic - Cavalier
    Sentra - Neon

I could go on, but it would be pointless, I think you get the idea.
    Actually, no, Im afraid that I do not. Please elaborate.
    If you are saying that domestic manufacturers make slow cars on par with the imports, I say "yes"...and? I fail to see the logic or relavance.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    I've actualy heard that from a lot of STI/Evo owners. Less cylinders doesn't always mean better fuel economy, especially when the power is midway through the RPM range, and the gears are extremely short ratio.

What kind of MPG are you getting??
    On a good day, with not much spirited driving, I would like to say I might get about 18 around the city. Throw in some spirited driving and I just watch the needle go towards the E.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrikZ
    Actually, no, Im afraid that I do not. Please elaborate.
    If you are saying that domestic manufacturers make slow cars on par with the imports, I say "yes"...and? I fail to see the logic or relavance.
    What I am trying to say, is that for each riced out Civic there is it's domestic counter part. In my area the rice is evenly spread to Civics, Neons, Sunfires, Cavaliers, Accords, and even Mustangs. I have seen a few Camaros with overly large wings as well, but who am I to talk about a big wing...

White
    2001 Trans Am

I have seen a few Camaros with overly large wings as well, but who am I to talk about a big wing... [/QUOTE]

Ha, ha, nice one! I dont exactly agree with you that the quantitys are even, however, that is a mute point. Either way. I guess it would kinda suck to be guys like you(no offense), stuck in the middle. You dont have a "musclecar" and you dont have a "rice rocket". Yall are your own breed, and that makes yall tolerable to us, for the most part But really, when someone is bashing on imports, guys who drive cars like yours shortchange yourselves by assuming you are in that class. Dont get me wrong. I wouldnt give $5 for one of those cars(unless I could trade it for something with a V8), but those cars are not the typical(once again)majority, of non american cars that thrive on racing.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by mavrikZ
    Ha, ha, nice one! I dont exactly agree with you that the quantitys are even, however, that is a mute point. Either way. I guess it would kinda suck to be guys like you(no offense), stuck in the middle. You dont have a "musclecar" and you dont have a "rice rocket". Yall are your own breed, and that makes yall tolerable to us, for the most part But really, when someone is bashing on imports, guys who drive cars like yours shortchange yourselves by assuming you are in that class. Dont get me wrong. I wouldnt give $5 for one of those cars(unless I could trade it for something with a V8), but those cars are not the typical(once again)majority, of non american cars that thrive on racing.
    I like to say I have a Muscular Rice. Sure its not as beefy as a muscle car and it sure as hell isn't a whimpy ricer. It's just tone...

However, I didn't buy my car for straight line speed. I bought it for AutoX, so to be able to compete with people in the straight line and then go tear up the turns to me is the best thing ever.

I have read all of the posts and I would just like to say the majority of you are idiots. (I especially noticed however, that V8this is not)

you ricer defenders, get real. This is a high school kid's honda who probable does not have the resources or know how to make it beat an ls1. we have one of those kids at our school (there seems to be one at every school). He has an eclipse with some type r engine in it and is running boost yadayadayada whatever. he says it runs like 11's and he got his ass handed to him by a G35. BUT BUT BUT there are fast ricers, I seen em' while I was drinking a forty with my homies. SHUT UP. yes there are fast rice burners (albeit very few), but it does take a lot of money for them to be fast and I would bet the $200 that he isn't what he says.

now, the domestics did all pull their cocks out and just automatically assume that the honda was going down, when they shouldn't have, b/c every car car be fast, but to call them retards and when they lash out at captain import: protector of all that is small, scream bloody murder and act like you're being accosted when you were "just trying to have an innocent conversation" is utterly ridiculous. You Are On An LS1 forum, and the majority of riceburners can't beat domestics.

There, now kiss and make up b/c you were both asses

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by iLIKEtransAMS
    I have read all of the posts and I would just like to say the majority of you are idiots. (I especially noticed however, that V8this is not)

you ricer defenders, get real. This is a high school kid's honda who probable does not have the resources or know how to make it beat an ls1. we have one of those kids at our school (there seems to be one at every school). He has an eclipse with some type r engine in it and is running boost yadayadayada whatever. he says it runs like 11's and he got his ass handed to him by a G35. BUT BUT BUT there are fast ricers, I seen em' while I was drinking a forty with my homies. SHUT UP. yes there are fast rice burners (albeit very few), but it does take a lot of money for them to be fast and I would bet the $200 that he isn't what he says.

now, the domestics did all pull their cocks out and just automatically assume that the honda was going down, when they shouldn't have, b/c every car car be fast, but to call them retards and when they lash out at captain import: protector of all that is small, scream bloody murder and act like you're being accosted when you were "just trying to have an innocent conversation" is utterly ridiculous. You Are On An LS1 forum, and the majority of riceburners can't beat domestics.

There, now kiss and make up b/c you were both asses
    Yeah, hes a highshool kid, so what? I am too, were both in the same grade in the same school---11th. Resources? All you need is the net and some common sense. This kid is really into his car, as i am with mine. Hell hes "probable" doing the same thing i am but on a honda site.

When are you gonna race this guy?

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 90zcrex
    When are you gonna race this guy?
    When i get my car fixed. (poke fun if you want, haha) Goes to the shop this thursday.
    And on a side note, his is also broke as we speek lol. But atleast his problem was simple to figure out. I could only wish mine was

whats wrong with your car?

black
    98 z28 m6

whats wrong with your car?
    I made a thread a few days ago. Something with the wiring. I worked on the thing for days with a total of like 20 hours and i couldent come up with anything. I even changed my fuel pump. (thats why it doesnt run, the pump wont turn on but theres other electrical shit going on too) But atleast i got a 255lph pump for when i need it in the future.

damn, i hate wiring. what other electrical shit is wrong with it?

black
    98 z28 m6

damn, i hate wiring. what other electrical shit is wrong with it?
    http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17868

Theres the thread. Idk what all is wrong, if i did i would fix it. Everyone on this site and i still couldent get it narrowed down. I did everything i possibly could. Ill leave it up to the pro's now. Im thinking its the vcm. But if it is, that still hasent totally solved my problem becuase there is still that other thing that messed it up. It may have been fixed when my blinkers were fixed before but how am i to really know? Im just lost with it all at this point.
    Last edited by ttocs; 05-02-2006 at 06:49 PM.

you should have them check your alternator and make sure its not overcharging. i've seen some weird shit from that. sounds like the pcm is fried though

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by iLIKEtransAMS
    I really hope that is not sarcasm... I have tried to be as unbiased as possible on this forum, which really isn't to hard for me, since I'm not really biased towards imports or domestics.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    were both in the same grade in the same school---11th. :
    You must be pullin some major ass with a car like that in 11th grade.....college will be better though...the ratio of chics that put out is better

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I really hope that is not sarcasm... I have tried to be as unbiased as possible on this forum, which really isn't to hard for me, since I'm not really biased towards imports or domestics.

i think he was trying to say that you aren't dumb.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
    i think he was trying to say that you aren't dumb.
    That's what I thought, but I didn't know if he was being sarcastic... There are a few people that don't like me at all on this forum, although I feel I haven't really given anybody a reason to not like me... Not that it really matters, since I don't know them nor will I meet them, but ehh...

Oh, to stay on topic... When/if you race this kid, please get it on tape!

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    You must be pullin some major ass with a car like that in 11th grade.....college will be better though...the ratio of chics that put out is better
    Haha yeah. Kinda sucks though. Most of the girls in this town are sluts anymore from 9-12th grade, hell theres even some of the little 7th and 8th graders. When in need (every weekend haha) i usually go to another near by town, i like to switch it up and it usually isnt hard, i know people from everywhere so partys are easy to come by. But im in a crisis right now, i havent had my car in almost 3 weeks and ill be lucky if i have it back in another 3. So my rate of beating cheeks has dropped considerably in these past 3 weeks.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    Haha yeah. Kinda sucks though. Most of the girls in this town are sluts anymore from 9-12th grade, hell theres even some of the little 7th and 8th graders. When in need (every weekend haha) i usually go to another near by town, i like to switch it up and it usually isnt hard, i know people from everywhere so partys are easy to come by. But im in a crisis right now, i havent had my car in almost 3 weeks and ill be lucky if i have it back in another 3. So my rate of beating cheeks has dropped considerably in these past 3 weeks.
    Get a girlfriend then... I never have to worry about getting some, she comes to me nearly everyday wanting it!

Catholic School Girls = <3s teh cock!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information