Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

so this kid wants to race me...

This is a discussion on so this kid wants to race me... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 90zcrex http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=55957.0 Look at these and calculate hp/weight numbers then talk shit oh yea and most of ...

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 90zcrex
    http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=55957.0
    Look at these and calculate hp/weight numbers then talk shit

oh yea and most of the posts don't say it but they're all mostly hondas
    buy a fast car and then talk shit Bottom line, start building a FWD and a RWD and the RWD will get off the line faster. HP only makes it harder for a FWD thanks to weight transfer. Bottom line, better hp/weight ricer bs doesn't matter either, all that hp not backed with torque doesn't mean alot. power on paper means jack shit buddy, where are they at the track? behind the built V8s, that's how it works

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by colby72olds
    theres a guy in my town who drives a civic hatchback and he has taken the hubcaps off and the car is really ugly but, this guys liscence plate is a custom tag that says "toodles" and he has drag radials on the front. i dont really know what's done to his car, but i have seen this guy embarrass 02SS and a 2003 cobra....im sure he's gotta BIG turbo. i couldnt hear if it had a turbo or not because i was in a car when they raced, i dont like ricers, but i gotta give it to this guy, his car is FAST!
    Yeah, and thats not some $2000 enigne/turbo kit either. I bet hes invested some SERIOUS $ into that car. Look at that guy with a built ls/vtec at 26psi, hes making 524hp and 347tq. Thats not much more tq then a stock ls1.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    buy a fast car and then talk shit Bottom line, start building a FWD and a RWD and the RWD will get off the line faster. HP only makes it harder for a FWD thanks to weight transfer. Bottom line, better hp/weight ricer bs doesn't matter either, all that hp not backed with torque doesn't mean alot. power on paper means jack shit buddy, where are they at the track? behind the built V8s, that's how it works
    high hp and lower torque can be fixed with good gearing. If not..then why are ferraris and lambos fast...its normally what? 500hp 300tq?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

put it where your mouth is

the design of those motors cost multiple of thousands to overcome that and they make that at 5500 rpm not 7500 like honda motors dude you can't overcome tourque......plus the tourqe curve of those motors is FLAT from bottom to top, those honda sheets start at like 75ft lbs! It's the same characteristics of a Jap bike! Yeah it's possible man to build a motor that will smoke a v8 but you better rev to the moon and look how many times those motors broke just dynoing! As long as i am as poor as i am i will be building V8 motors and will beat the dude with a honda who is on the same budget as me......so if i see a 30K dollar honda civic, i'll promise you ricer guys i'll give you some props, if you are driving a supra i'll probably want to shake your hand, but it just ain't real, you wanna put that money where your mouth is go stick that thing on a go kart frame and run some 9's or better a VW and then you'll have something EXTREME till then you are just buying parts on the internet and buying into poor investments.

orange
    1999 camaro z-28

there is no way he can beat you in a honda civic unless he is spraying nos from first to fifth or he has the biggest turbo he could possibly have on a civic. i say smoke him and spend the money on gas

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Wow, I read through every single post and all I see is a bunch of guys with HUGE egos and then a few that actually realize there are other cars out there beside an F-Body. Please, don't get me wrong, I love the LS series engine and it is a beast, but it can be beat.

As for the question about how a turbo civic can lose to an NA civic, that is an easy one. The turbo civic could in reality be making too much power (yes too much) and be spinning the whole way with a bad driving, while on the other hand, the NA civic has a good power band and isn't spinning all the way do the track.

While I do agree that nearly every Honda out there is riced out, there are a few that are done right. This will always leave you wondering, whether or not you are going against a typical ricer or a fast car. If you believe there is no way you can lose, then put your money on the line and race him. If you get your ass handed to you don't come crying back, if you win collect your money. It's that simple.

As for the guys that say tq is what wins races, that isn't always true today... When I had my Celica GT-S, I would launch the car at 6,000rpms. I sat right in my peak hp the entire race. I never needed the tq... So if this kid knows how to drive, the lack of tq, won't pose as much of a problem as you think...

finally, someone with some brains.

its ok guys, i'm just weeding out who i should or shouldn't take advice from when i get my ls1

black
    98 z28 m6

its ok guys, i'm just weeding out who i should or shouldn't take advice from when i get my ls1
    DONT GET AN LS1. They suck and can be beat by anyone thats smart, has good taste in cars, and has $2000!!!!!!!!!!

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    DONT GET AN LS1. They suck and can be beat by anyone thats smart, has good taste in cars, and has $2000!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is not a good thing my friend... He never said that a civic is the best car. He was simply stating that there is the potential that the civic might be able to beat the LS1, if it isn't the typical riced out civic.

Some of you really need to open you eyes up when it comes to cars. Start looking past the looks and more into the potential. Think about it, if you had a dented up POS civic, with a built and boosted motor, that would be the ultimate sleeper. Pair that with a good driver and all hell breaks loose... Imagine how much money you could make, doing stupid little $20 races or even better, you could challenge someone that is so caught up into their car and think that no one can beat them... Hmmmm, where have I seen that? Definently not in this thread...

Black
    99 SS

it does not matter what kind of car it is. it is who ever has the most money and wants to spend it. end of discussion. i can make a fucking van of waggon blow everyones doors off if i had 300,000 to blow on it. its just a money game anymore guys i think we all know that

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    it does not matter what kind of car it is. it is who ever has the most money and wants to spend it. end of discussion. i can make a fucking van of waggon blow everyones doors off if i had 300,000 to blow on it. its just a money game anymore guys i think we all know that
    w3rd.

I have seen an old turbo Dodge van run an 11sec pass...

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

Cars are preference. If someone likes to build civics let em. I was in and still am in the DSM crowd. It was a fun car but FWD is HARD to launch. With quite a bit of work i was runnin 14.1s @105. On the highway i could pull on a foxbody that ran high 12's. And every car specialty forum has a majority that hold that kind of car on a high horse. Same on the DSM forums.... "well if i did this and that id kill that 20000 dollar stang".... Just sit back relax and enjoy cars. Its the individual attitudes that kill it for everyone. I know my LS1's not invincible but I do know its pretty.

i know a guy who has a civic it runs pretty good its still a ricer but he took it to the strip and ran some good numbers this is what he gots
    95 Civic CX hatch Z6 posted block Eagle rods Wiseco pistons D15B head Si trans Quaife LSD
    T3/T04B 54 trim FMIC 450's wideband and Crome Pro
    18 psi Full interior
    7.80 @ 88mph 1/8 mile.
    thats not so bad bad for a 30 mpg car think it would run high 11s or low 12s in the 1/4

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by cobra12345
    i know a guy who has a civic it runs pretty good its still a ricer but he took it to the strip and ran some good numbers this is what he gots
    95 Civic CX hatch Z6 posted block Eagle rods Wiseco pistons D15B head Si trans Quaife LSD
    T3/T04B 54 trim FMIC 450's wideband and Crome Pro
    18 psi Full interior
    7.80 @ 88mph 1/8 mile.
    thats not so bad bad for a 30 mpg car think it would run high 11s or low 12s in the 1/4
    To bad he isn't getting 30mpg anymore... I bought my STi thinking yeah its a 4 banger I'll get good mpg, but that my friend is a lie. I get worse mileage than a V8, but I am catless, so I know that is part of the problem.

White
    2001 Trans Am

Apparently, you wont be able to take advise from anybody.
    Your implication that everyone whom has responded negatively to your perception of imports is ignorant. Do you really think that everyone's negative reaction to your statements is ANY different than YOUR "ignorant" implications!? ON AN LS based board!?
    You make some good points, and anyone who has been in the racing gig for any amount of time should have good sense enough to watch some of these cars(by some, I mean VERY, VERY few).
    America is governed by the Magority rules concept. So most people on this board go with that philosophy because, after all, it has worked for HUNDREDS OF YEARS! That is why people are dogging these cars. The mojority rules, and the majority ARE slow. When you get an LS1, dude, you are going to feel dumb. Sorry, man

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by mavrikZ
    Apparently, you wont be able to take advise from anybody.
    Your implication that everyone whom has responded negatively to your perception of imports is ignorant. Do you really think that everyone's negative reaction to your statements is ANY different than YOUR "ignorant" implications!? ON AN LS based board!?
    You make some good points, and anyone who has been in the racing gig for any amount of time should have good sense enough to watch some of these cars(by some, I mean VERY, VERY few).
    America is governed by the Magority rules concept. So most people on this board go with that philosophy because, after all, it has worked for HUNDREDS OF YEARS! That is why people are dogging these cars. The mojority rules, and the majority ARE slow. When you get an LS1, dude, you are going to feel dumb. Sorry, man
    Depends on what majority of imports you look at... If you were to look at DSMs, Evos, STis, and imports of that nature then your philosophy fails. Also, I know that we are on an LS forum, but go to the Suby forum or the Evo forum. We give respect to domestic cars. In fact I love racing with the domestics, it actually makes for a good race compared to most other cars on the road. Don't think I am saying imports are slow, because honestly the only cars I tend to race are Mustang Cobras, LS series cars, Supras and other big dogs... However, even though I run high 12s, low 13s I consider my car to be very slow...

White
    2001 Trans Am

That is just it. You cant "pick" the majority that you look at, the majority is the majority. Point blank. YOU do have a quick car. All of the cars you listed are inherently quick. However, there is a REASON that the majority of the cars you race are the ones posted. Because you are not going to waste your time(or gas) on inferior cars SUCH as the typical(READ: majority) Hondas and Nissans. You are part of a rare minority. But by trying to defend 'imports' in such a general sense, you insult yourself. Yall are in a different class. Yall realize that, thus you give props to the LS1's and Cobras formentioned.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by mavrikZ
    That is just it. You cant "pick" the majority that you look at, the majority is the majority. Point blank. YOU do have a quick car. All of the cars you listed are inherently quick. However, there is a REASON that the majority of the cars you race are the ones posted. Because you are not going to waste your time(or gas) on inferior cars SUCH as the typical(READ: majority) Hondas and Nissans. You are part of a rare minority. But by trying to defend 'imports' in such a general sense, you insult yourself. Yall are in a different class. Yall realize that, thus you give props to the LS1's and Cobras formentioned.
    There is a domestic for each import I don't race...

Civic - Cavalier
    Sentra - Neon

I could go on, but it would be pointless, I think you get the idea.

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    There is a domestic for each import I don't race...

Civic - Cavalier
    Sentra - Neon

I could go on, but it would be pointless, I think you get the idea.
    I dont really get the idea. There are more riced out civics out there then cavaliers, sentras and neons combined. Nothing can compare to the amount of these things out there. Theres a group around here called coc (means civic only club and is pronounced cock, yes i know, how adult like of them.) Every fri and sat you hear and see them going around trying to find people to race. First time i heard them i ran for cover, thought it was a smarm of bees heading my way.

03 Terminator

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    First time i heard them i ran for cover, thought it was a smarm of bees heading my way.
    lmao that is funny.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information