Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

black
    98 z28 m6

so this kid wants to race me...

This may be a dum ? but when $ comes into play, my mind begins to jump around on me.
    This kid, my friend i guess, really wants to race me in his civic. He wants to race for $ which is fine with me, but i like to be sure of victory before i put $ on the line. I mean, no one wants to lose $, especially some high school student with shit for income to begin with. I agreed to race him but we didnt agree on the $ aspect yet. We agreed for money but the exact amount hasent been decided. He was hitting me in the realm of $150-200. Thats a nice chunk of change, especially for me. I expect him to pull me a little off the line, hes killer at launching that thing. At first i was 100% sure this would be nothing but im having 2nd thoughts. Heres the specs on his car---
    94 civic hatch
    imported type r motor
    bored to a 1.9l
    i think he said hes running high compression?
    intake
    full exhaust
    fully tuned ecu
    some weight reduction (as if they arent light enough lol)
    My car---
    98 z28
    groty lt's
    catless y w/ merge
    borla catback
    mild cam
    mildly ported, polished
    slp lid and race filter
    -i have to shift a little slow because of my slave cyl being all homo, especially going into 3rd...
    -by the time i get my electrical prob solved and actually race him i may also have it tuned...

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

As a fellow student I understand. Although I'm More hardheaded, I say WTF you will kill him, CIVIC.... go kick his ass...if you lose ill kick your's.. OMG type RRRRR ...heh

OH! i raced a boosted one of those a few months ago, almost forgot about it. It was actually close but in the end I got him by 3 lengths i believe. I posted the whole story on this site, you can check my threads and find it.

Look at your mods...your already packing more than me, Shame on you for worrying CIVIC.....go teach him a lesson. Just kidding about the shame thing, no sense in wasting money. Honestly though CIVIC lol....

Wheres Jim Thorpe PA... you would think i'd know this ....Maybe your close to me, we can meet and greet some time.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 04-25-2006 at 06:45 PM.
    2000 Z28 m6
    Current Mods-GMMG catback-UMI Diamond SFC's-Pacesetter LT's-ORY-HSW Wet Shot-Pro 5.0-Rebuilt Race Trans-Spec3+-Pacesetter LT's-FRA mod-TBBypass-Whisper Lid-

black
    98 z28 m6

Your less then an hour and a half away. Montgom isnt that far, ive been there before but not in about 2 years. Msg me on aim if ya want, we can talk and maybe get something going---ttocs0000

But yeah, i kind of figured that would be the responce

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Sure thing, always looking for fellow local (kinda local) f-body owners.

About that Civic, Unless he's packing some BIG boost or alot of nitrous, its a cakewalk. Go tear him a new one.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    As a fellow student I understand. Although I'm More hardheaded, I say WTF you will kill him, CIVIC.... go kick his ass...if you lose ill kick your's.. OMG type RRRRR ...heh

OH! i raced a boosted one of those a few months ago, almost forgot about it. It was actually close but in the end I got him by 3 lengths i believe. I posted the whole story on this site, you can check my threads and find it.

Look at your mods...your already packing more than me, Shame on you for worrying CIVIC.....go teach him a lesson. Just kidding about the shame thing, no sense in wasting money. Honestly though CIVIC lol....

Wheres Jim Thorpe PA... you would think i'd know this ....Maybe your close to me, we can meet and greet some time.
    your a retard for under estimating a civic.

You ahve to think about the flip side..do you think the kid would be willing to toss around 200 if he didn't think he had you. Not all honda drivers are ricers...and not all are slow. Not to mention not all of them reveal all of their mods. There are a couple of n/a hondas at my strip that are running low12s/ high 11s. If he can out launch you..he'll take you cause those cars are hard as fuck to launch and if he has that down..he is more expierenced then you. Now, onto the power for the civic...if he has a built high compression b series motor..hes probably looking at around 230-240ish whp...if his car is light..it could weigh 2300-2400 lbs. 1hp per 10.5 lbs

now for you...mild cam? whats that? ls6 cam? with what you have...UNTUNED...you may be around 340-350whp in a car that weighs 3400lbs dry. you 9.7lbs per 1hp

so roughly guessing..you have a better power to weight ratio..and if he can out launch you..he'll probably stay in front...but its your money..and if you want to listen to ignorant people saying it JUST a civic...go right ahead.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
    your a retard for under estimating a civic.

You ahve to think about the flip side..do you think the kid would be willing to toss around 200 if he didn't think he had you. Not all honda drivers are ricers...and not all are slow. Not to mention not all of them reveal all of their mods. There are a couple of n/a hondas at my strip that are running low12s/ high 11s. If he can out launch you..he'll take you cause those cars are hard as fuck to launch and if he has that down..he is more expierenced then you. Now, onto the power for the civic...if he has a built high compression b series motor..hes probably looking at around 230-240ish whp...if his car is light..it could weigh 2300-2400 lbs. 1hp per 10.5 lbs

now for you...mild cam? whats that? ls6 cam? with what you have...UNTUNED...you may be around 340-350whp in a car that weighs 3400lbs dry. you 9.7lbs per 1hp

so roughly guessing..you have a better power to weight ratio..and if he can out launch you..he'll probably stay in front...but its your money..and if you want to listen to ignorant people saying it JUST a civic...go right ahead.
    the only ignorant person in here would be the one saying that just because a civic can launch that it will win. If the civic can out launch him it will stay in front? -that's incompetent right there. Did you even read the whole list of f-body mods, it's gonna be a breeze, let the civic take off first, if you know anything about cars you know the LS1 is gonna walk right past him. It's JUST a civic. HP/pound, we aren't ricers, who cares

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    the only ignorant person in here would be the one saying that just because a civic can launch that it will win. If the civic can out launch him it will stay in front? -that's incompetent right there. Did you even read the whole list of f-body mods, it's gonna be a breeze, let the civic take off first, if you know anything about cars you know the LS1 is gonna walk right past him. It's JUST a civic. HP/pound, we aren't ricers, who cares

..so i guess all civics are slow and there isn't one that could be a UNTUNED fbody. heads and cam don't mean shit unless you tune it...you don't even know the specs on it. I'm not saying jsut because he can launch. I'm saying that fact that he can launch shows he knows his car..cause if a fwd is outlaunching a rwd on the street..its either cause the rwd person sucks..or the fwd person is really good. I also figured if he has a built motor..he is putting out more stock. a stock jap type r can run high 14s stock...now if you build the motor and do soem weight reduction...there you go.

but I'm guessing that your one of the ignorant people that think. A. the ls1 can't be beaten. B. all 4 cyl are slow.

Black
    99 SS

there is no possible way he can loose. i say do it, but take it to a track and be safe about it

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    there is no possible way he can loose. i say do it, but take it to a track and be safe about it
    Exactly, i've seen 9 friends die in the past 2 years. Thats rediculous, race where your meant to. Thirty some dollars is worth paying to save lives. Five of them died in the same car.

White
    2001 Trans Am

Brandon, I see a Honda in your future.
    I dont care how well that Civic launches, let that LS1 hit the top of 2nd gear and see what happens. For the Civic to hold his spot hed better be sprayin and prayin!

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

..so i guess all civics are slow and there isn't one that could be a UNTUNED fbody. heads and cam don't mean shit unless you tune it...you don't even know the specs on it. I'm not saying jsut because he can launch. I'm saying that fact that he can launch shows he knows his car..cause if a fwd is outlaunching a rwd on the street..its either cause the rwd person sucks..or the fwd person is really good. I also figured if he has a built motor..he is putting out more stock. a stock jap type r can run high 14s stock...now if you build the motor and do soem weight reduction...there you go.

but I'm guessing that your one of the ignorant people that think. A. the ls1 can't be beaten. B. all 4 cyl are slow.
    I never said all civics are slow, I never said that there are NONE that can beat an fbody. Yeah, heads and cam mean NOTHING untuned, nothing Stop pulling the usual stupidity driven "I have to stand up for ricers" bullcrap. No one here is talking shit on ricers, you guys think that because we think we can beat an import that we have no respect for any of them and that you have to come be noble defenders of the 4 bangers. Wake up smart guy, it takes a lot to get a civic in the realm of a stock fbody, and this fbody isn't even simply stock. The average modded civic doesn't stand a chance. It has nothing to do with hating imports and thinking we are better than all of them, it's the truth, so stop putting words in my mouth.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    I never said all civics are slow, I never said that there are NONE that can beat an fbody. Yeah, heads and cam mean NOTHING untuned, nothing Stop pulling the usual stupidity driven "I have to stand up for ricers" bullcrap. No one here is talking shit on ricers, you guys think that because we think we can beat an import that we have no respect for any of them and that you have to come be noble defenders of the 4 bangers. Wake up smart guy, it takes a lot to get a civic in the realm of a stock fbody, and this fbody isn't even simply stock. The average modded civic doesn't stand a chance. It has nothing to do with hating imports and thinking we are better than all of them, it's the truth, so stop putting words in my mouth.
    Amen, Could not have said it better myself. End of debate.

black
    98 z28 m6

Still really dont have a solid answer...Ill smoke him, hill beat me, it will be close. And i just noticed something that someone posted before...11's w/ and n/a civic??? I cant beleive that unless its completely gutted and built to the max, even at that im still a little wobbly. Do you consider running n20 still a stock car?

Well i really want to get this thing dyno tuned but i dont know where to get it done? Ive looked around and asked around from friends but no one really knows of anywhere. I live in carbon county pa, so if anyone knows of a good place near me let me know. I think im going to make a thread here today about shops near me. Someone told me you can bring your car to uti and they will dyno and tune it for free? Because the students are learning or w/e. I might actually be going there anyway in a year, but yeah, thats off topic haha. I expect to see a pretty good gain from a good tune. All of this stuff on it and no tune, theres a lot to improve on. Hopefully a tune will help my gas milage out a little too But im more worried about the ponies

White
    2001 Trans Am

Yes you do have a solid answer. Kick his weed wacker drivin ass. And then feel guilty because you ass-raped him so

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    Still really dont have a solid answer...Ill smoke him, hill beat me, it will be close. And i just noticed something that someone posted before...11's w/ and n/a civic??? I cant beleive that unless its completely gutted and built to the max, even at that im still a little wobbly. Do you consider running n20 still a stock car?

Well i really want to get this thing dyno tuned but i dont know where to get it done? Ive looked around and asked around from friends but no one really knows of anywhere. I live in carbon county pa, so if anyone knows of a good place near me let me know. I think im going to make a thread here today about shops near me. Someone told me you can bring your car to uti and they will dyno and tune it for free? Because the students are learning or w/e. I might actually be going there anyway in a year, but yeah, thats off topic haha. I expect to see a pretty good gain from a good tune. All of this stuff on it and no tune, theres a lot to improve on. Hopefully a tune will help my gas milage out a little too But im more worried about the ponies
    the world record for n/a honda is somewhere in the mid 9s last I checked. think about it for a second..if the guy can out launch you..he knows what he is doing..and more than likely not telling you all of his mods. What heads and cam do you have..just saying a mild setup means nothing..specially untuned..you could be running pig rich or lean enough to melt a piston.

Its your money..do what you want..but I don't see why you should listen to any of the retards who know nothing about imports.. I'm open minded towards different cars and learn about them and a civic with a built engine..ect is gonna be close because you have no idea what your putting down.
    Last edited by BrandonDrecksage; 04-26-2006 at 11:33 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

the world record for n/a honda is somewhere in the mid 9s last I checked. think about it for a second..if the guy can out launch you..he knows what he is doing..and more than likely not telling you all of his mods. What heads and cam do you have..just saying a mild setup means nothing..specially untuned..you could be running pig rich or lean enough to melt a piston.

Its your money..do what you want..but I don't see why you should listen to any of the retards who know nothing about imports.. I'm open minded towards different cars and learn about them and a civic with a built engine..ect is gonna be lose because you have no idea what your putting down.

Dude you need to get a serious grip on reality. The fastest Honduh in the world running mid 9's has absolutely nothing to do with a kid in high school with a riced out piece if shit Civic and a "type r swap"

Its also great how you fell the need to call people retards because they are bashing the allmighty Civic. If it was turbo'd it could be making any amount of power, god only knows. But a highschool kid with an N/A VTEC swap isn't going to outrunning anything. Get a grip

White
    2001 Trans Am

Brandon, I see a Honda in your future.

Everytime you post, you are taking a step backwards!

Also, the majority of F-body drivers ARE educated in the abilities of other vehicles, such as Honda Civics, THAT IS WHY WE DONT BUY THEM. You must have gottn your butt kicked by a motorized shopping cart, that is the only reason I could conceive of someone trying to defend these fartpiped slugs.
    NOTE: Im pretty sure there werent any 9 second Hondas when I was in school... really, who is the retard

black
    98 z28 m6

I know the kid, its not just some random person. Hes also cammed and high comp. Besdes that and what listed above, thats it. His weight reduction is prolly made up by his weight. Its not a lot, only small stuff. You also didnt answer my other questions. Do you consider a car with n20 still stock? Im the kind of person that doesnt beleive what they read, i believe what i see, unless its reasonable or logical or has been proven to me before. And i dont believe that you see 11 and 12 sec civics n/a or turbo or n20 all the time like you make it sound. Ive never seen a video or in person of an n/a, no n20 civic run better then a 12.9...mind you that was a FULLY built gsr motor, drag tires, and the interior was completely gone.
    Last edited by ttocs; 04-26-2006 at 12:01 PM.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

well i for sure want to hear the out come either way!

black
    98 z28 m6

Will do. I have a good video cam. Ill take vids of his car, enigne bay, walk around, etc. Same with my car. Then the drag race. Dont know how long it will be till we actually race. I want to get my car tuned but cant find anywhere.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information