Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

so this kid wants to race me...

This is a discussion on so this kid wants to race me... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Even if he is running N2O one of those weedwackers can't handle much more than id guess a 75 shot. ...

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Even if he is running N2O one of those weedwackers can't handle much more than id guess a 75 shot. I mean if an LS1 can handle 150 id cut it in half and then some for a poorfourbanger. Just please stop worrying. OH and even if the fastest CiVac was 9 secs your talking IN THE WORLD so law of averages says this guy your going against is probably running somewhere around 12's in the 1/8TH muaha

black
    98 z28 m6

He doesnt have n20, im 100% sure of that. Ive been in his car before. Like i said, i know him, he isnt just some random kid. Im not really worried about it anymore...Im just getting pissed off cuz i cant find a tuner near me

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

more importantly than comparing HP is comparing TQ, i bet the kid with the camaro has 2x the tq to the ground than the civic, and that determines who wins the race

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    I know the kid, its not just some random person. Hes also cammed and high comp. Besdes that and what listed above, thats it. His weight reduction is prolly made up by his weight. Its not a lot, only small stuff. You also didnt answer my other questions. Do you consider a car with n20 still stock? Im the kind of person that doesnt beleive what they read, i believe what i see, unless its reasonable or logical or has been proven to me before. And i dont believe that you see 11 and 12 sec civics n/a or turbo or n20 all the time like you make it sound. Ive never seen a video or in person of an n/a, no n20 civic run better then a 12.9...mind you that was a FULLY built gsr motor, drag tires, and the interior was completely gone.
    when did I say the car was stock? I don't think n2o is stock..just like as soon as I put a lid on my SS it wasn't stock anymore either. There are a bunch..10 or so turbo hondas running in the low 11s at the track i go to(englishtown, NJ)...and a couple of n/a running low 12s...maybe 3 or 4. I don't say I see it all the time..I'm jsut saying its not impossible like everyone else is making it seem..but its your money. You still haven't answer my question..what heads and cam are in your car? you say mild..what does that mean? a cammed and high compression bs eries motor will make decent power..thats all i'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    more importantly than comparing HP is comparing TQ, i bet the kid with the camaro has 2x the tq to the ground than the civic, and that determines who wins the race
    true and false...a lower torque engine could have better gearing to take advantage of the higher powerband.

and to the person that keeps saying I see a honda in your future.. I own a 2001 camaro ss...so yeah..would I get a honda for a DD?...yeah...would I buy one for drag racing..no.

black
    98 z28 m6

I said in my original post about my heads. I dont have aftermarket heads, they are just ported and polished. The cam is a crane powermax 1449521.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

alright. i hate to be an ass, but seriously this is getting rediculous with the way everyone keeps assuming that he will destroy the other guy just cause the other guy has a civic... it doesnt matter what kind of car u have u can make it fast. i mean if people can make a freakin vega or crx run 10s then it shouldnt be to hard to make a fast civic... i mean although im totally a muscle car guy, i have a 69 camaro and 73 nova, u gotta repect imports as well, all cars have potential ( except daywoos.... yuck! haha) but seriously bro, theres only one way o find out, and thats to just do it, balls to the wall man

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

wow did this start as a simple question?

indigo blue met. gm.506
    1999 Camaro Z-28

I race at the local track (KCIR ,Mo) There is a honda civic N/A run low 13.00, high 12.
    My car has a lid ,K&n, Hpp3 I beat him by a fender. But I can launch my 99 a4 dam well for being stock drive line. (rearend starting to chatter from last friday night ) And turned 99000 miles at the 1/8 marker too.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid
    alright. i hate to be an ass, but seriously this is getting rediculous with the way everyone keeps assuming that he will destroy the other guy just cause the other guy has a civic... it doesnt matter what kind of car u have u can make it fast. i mean if people can make a freakin vega or crx run 10s then it shouldnt be to hard to make a fast civic... i mean although im totally a muscle car guy, i have a 69 camaro and 73 nova, u gotta repect imports as well, all cars have potential ( except daywoos.... yuck! haha) but seriously bro, theres only one way o find out, and thats to just do it, balls to the wall man
    I can't stand it when people assume that every modified Civic on the road is a 12 second car. Probably about 1 out of every 100,000 Civics on the road is built up enough to run 12's. Yet anytime someone says "A Civic wants to race me", people automatically assume its in the 10's just because its modded. The kid is probably only running 15's in the 1/4 at best, just like every other moron with a riced out Civic. It takes some serious cash, knowhow, and resources to get a Civic to be fast.

Think about it: Its a lot easier to get a low 13 second car in to the 12's than to get a piece if shit Civic into the 12's thats running 18's stock.

Go destroy him, and laugh in his face when he starts in with the ricer excuses

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
    your a retard for under estimating a civic.

You ahve to think about the flip side..do you think the kid would be willing to toss around 200 if he didn't think he had you. Not all honda drivers are ricers...and not all are slow. Not to mention not all of them reveal all of their mods. There are a couple of n/a hondas at my strip that are running low12s/ high 11s. If he can out launch you..he'll take you cause those cars are hard as fuck to launch and if he has that down..he is more expierenced then you. Now, onto the power for the civic...if he has a built high compression b series motor..hes probably looking at around 230-240ish whp...if his car is light..it could weigh 2300-2400 lbs. 1hp per 10.5 lbs

now for you...mild cam? whats that? ls6 cam? with what you have...UNTUNED...you may be around 340-350whp in a car that weighs 3400lbs dry. you 9.7lbs per 1hp

so roughly guessing..you have a better power to weight ratio..and if he can out launch you..he'll probably stay in front...but its your money..and if you want to listen to ignorant people saying it JUST a civic...go right ahead.
    your also forgetting that HP is not what moves the car, Torque is, and most 4 bangers lack torque. however the Civic has HP so once it gets going it will keep going......but its lack of torque is whats gonna hold him back.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    I can't stand it when people assume that every modified Civic on the road is a 12 second car. Probably about 1 out of every 100,000 Civics on the road is built up enough to run 12's. Yet anytime someone says "A Civic wants to race me", people automatically assume its in the 10's just because its modded. The kid is probably only running 15's in the 1/4 at best, just like every other moron with a riced out Civic. It takes some serious cash, knowhow, and resources to get a Civic to be fast.

Think about it: Its a lot easier to get a low 13 second car in to the 12's than to get a piece if shit Civic into the 12's thats running 18's stock.

Go destroy him, and laugh in his face when he starts in with the ricer excuses
    seriously..I can't stand it when people automatically ASSUME jsut because its a civic it'll get beat. him and I are just saying that it is possible. How come you people can't accept that. When I said the civic had a chance..I said that with a lot of ifs... for example, if the motor is putting down this optimistic number with this optimistic weight...and can out launch him..then he could win..then everyone jumps down my throat.

is it impossible for this civic to be fast?

You guys are freakin weenies. You guys are so ego-absorbed its not even funny. You all have no clue as to how easy it is to make a honda fast. you can take a stock honda civic hatch hx/cx which weigh in at like 2200-2300lbs. drop in a single cam vtec motor which you can get for dirt cheap, and turbo it for less than $2000. and have a car that will beat a slightly modded ss. I know because I did just that.

And this guy says he has a civic, which is probably a hatch, with a type-r motor which puts out around probably 185hp stock, with cams and high compression pistons he could be anywhere from 230-280hp depending on the setup.
    The only problem is that he's fwd, with that much power he will be spinning his ass off, unless he's got drag radials or slicks.

but you guys are still a bunch of weenies and the civic can win

Quote Originally Posted by 90zcrex
    You guys are freakin weenies. You guys are so ego-absorbed its not even funny. You all have no clue as to how easy it is to make a honda fast. you can take a stock honda civic hatch hx/cx which weigh in at like 2200-2300lbs. drop in a single cam vtec motor which you can get for dirt cheap, and turbo it for less than $2000. and have a car that will beat a slightly modded ss. I know because I did just that.

And this guy says he has a civic, which is probably a hatch, with a type-r motor which puts out around probably 185hp stock, with cams and high compression pistons he could be anywhere from 230-280hp depending on the setup.
    The only problem is that he's fwd, with that much power he will be spinning his ass off, unless he's got drag radials or slicks.

you sir.....like boys.

black
    98 z28 m6

HE SAID WEENIES

You cant do a swap and turbo for less then $2000. Go hit that crack pipe again bro.

Quote Originally Posted by bww3588
    you sir.....like boys.
    why yes i do, how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    HE SAID WEENIES

You cant do a swap and turbo for less then $2000. Go hit that crack pipe again bro.

oh you can't? damn you got me,

why yes i do, how old are you?
    haha......lol j/p
    you gotta have some respect for imports.

you can get a single cam vtec engine for less than $400 sometimes free if you know some people. and it will bolt into any civic, just gotta know how to wire it up. a junkyard turbo kit can cost less than $1000.

black
    98 z28 m6

oh you can't? damn you got me,
    I know i did...Maybe some beat ass used motor for 500 and a beat ass used turbo kit for 1500. If your talking a good used motor and a brand new turbo kit, no, no way you can go it for $2000.

i never said anything about a new turbo kit, and you can get plenty of good used single cam honda engines for less than 500.

now a b-series engine can start getting expensive. a type-r motor and tranny is a pretty penny, and with the engine work this guy says he has then he probably has spent alot on this civic.
    I'm just saying its retarded how you all just say this guy will have no problem with this civic when you obviosly don't know much about hondas. I kept up with and beat a few Ls1's with my turbo crx, and this guy has more power and prolly the same weight so don't tell this guy he has it in the bag cause he may not.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information