Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

so, i painted my rims and this happened..

i decided on painting the rims,,, and here are the results.. i wasnt sure if should done it or not but at the end i did it.. after i was done i started thinking i did a bad desicion.. after i washed it.. i think it doesnt looj that bad
    needs paint on the hood and bumper

any comments welcome let me knw what you think.. thanks..

im also thinking on putting the line on the lip,, in red.,. good or bad idea?

before paint..

after pix..

excuse the background..lol... better pix coming up after paint
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

while i was doing that.. i also painted the corner lights and calipers.. i need to clean up the head lights ill do that when i get the HIDs next week..

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Good job man. Looks great.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Good job man. Looks great.
    thanks

still needs some cosmetic work but i hope soon can get it looking better for the COTM , l)

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Ya buddy. One piece at a time and before you know it she will be phenomenal. Go grab a beer, sit back and enjoy your work while planning your next mod.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Ya buddy. One piece at a time and before you know it she will be phenomenal. Go grab a beer, sit back and enjoy your work while planning your next mod.
    That's right.
    Taking the time to get the stuff done and doing one thing at the time. Is always good.

I wanted to get everything done at once. But it's kinda hard..

I took a couple of shots and enjoyed the results. . I'm happy with it.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Looks like a good job to me My car still needs to be put back together. The rear valance is off and needs painting. And no... I haven't put on the rear panel I bought from you yet either I did get the new headlights in though. Just have to replace the low beam harness on the drivers side and the bracket on the passengers side. Then it's a toss up between wheels or suspension goodies

As you can see, I'm taking my time

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Looks like a good job to me My car still needs to be put back together. The rear valance is off and needs painting. And no... I haven't put on the rear panel I bought from you yet either I did get the new headlights in though. Just have to replace the low beam harness on the drivers side and the bracket on the passengers side. Then it's a toss up between wheels or suspension goodies

As you can see, I'm taking my time
    Thanks

Few days ago I was gonna ask you about the rear panel. But been busy I forgot.
    When are you planning on putting it back together? Can't wait for the results. I'm sure is gonna look great . When I seen it that day my friend and I loved your car. Specially him since he loves white ss. I love all camaros. Lately I been thinking on getting a white Z

For rims and suspensions what plans you have?
    I'm gonna start buying parts for the suspension too.
    So far I got the relo brackets. And strano springs.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yeah, it's been a rough year financially. Seems we've had to dip into savings a bit more than I'd like. So, my car always gets put on the back burner. I'm sure the berger panel look will be awesome. Still up in the air on whether to paint it gloss or satin though. I want the Manta stripes to match. I'm leaning toward gloss though. And then, I start thinking about the rear valance and getting a CME and new exhaust. And as far as suspension, most likely start off with SFC's.

It's a vicious cycle

Glad you like my car though It was still put together then. A little more dust on the engine bay then I would have liked. But you guys didn't seem to notice My car is pretty clean overall. I like it

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

You painted OEM Z06 Wheels???? You just wrecked the shit out of their value and IMO it looked better before. If you wanted to paint wheels you should have sold the OEM wheels that go for a good chunk of change and bought painted aftermarket and keep the cash.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

dude....do you live in little mexico or what?

Edit:

i saw the newspaper you used to mask, i thought it was big banners in the background, lol

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I like it. Kinda looks like a modded police interceptor. I'm on the fence about the red lip for the wheels though. Might take away from those bright red calipers, which look awesome.

Your car looks like a cop car GMHTP did an article on years ago. A nitrous-fed B4C from Northlake, Texas. Story was called "Narco-Camaro".

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    wow, that's one bad ass cop car

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    You painted OEM Z06 Wheels???? You just wrecked the shit out of their value and IMO it looked better before. If you wanted to paint wheels you should have sold the OEM wheels that go for a good chunk of change and bought painted aftermarket and keep the cash.
    yeah i had no choice on painting them..i did it for many reasons.. i did felt bad at moment for painting them.. gunmetal is a nice color but i dont think it goes with my car..

after market z06 are $600 + and i think they dont make them 10.5 and thats not what i want, the OEM zo6 is exactley what im looking for on black, plus i bought them for $300 with decent tires on them.. around my are no one gives you more than $500 for them. i cant sell them and pay more for aftermarket rims,, and they had some curb rash on them too.. so the best option was just paint them,,

i dont think the color has soething to do with their value, probably some people wouldnt buy them now beacuse they proably dont like them in black.. i think all that hols the value is the rim and not what color they are.. i could get them painted the color the way they were before

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Yeah, it's been a rough year financially. Seems we've had to dip into savings a bit more than I'd like. So, my car always gets put on the back burner. I'm sure the berger panel look will be awesome. Still up in the air on whether to paint it gloss or satin though. I want the Manta stripes to match. I'm leaning toward gloss though. And then, I start thinking about the rear valance and getting a CME and new exhaust. And as far as suspension, most likely start off with SFC's.

It's a vicious cycle

Glad you like my car though It was still put together then. A little more dust on the engine bay then I would have liked. But you guys didn't seem to notice My car is pretty clean overall. I like it
    i hope soon you can have it the way u like .
    i havent seen the manta stripe, or probably i did but i dont remember how it looks.
    i always like the CME exhaust but i wasnt a big fan of that, but for the last few months it really did call my attentios and now i want it on mine lol.. now i have the tips, and the valance, waiting to be installed but i have had some financial issues and i rather to wait..

we loved your car , but i was expecting to see it with stripes, cuz i seen pics you have on ypur photos, what made you take them off?
    i dont think the engine bay was dirty at all.. thats cuz you havent seen mine,lol.. but i could notice some dust on the paint and made me think you didnt drive it that much

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    dude....do you live in little mexico or what?

Edit:

i saw the newspaper you used to mask, i thought it was big banners in the background, lol
    haha yeah man..many latinos around here, almost everithin you read is in spanish.lol theres a city called "redwood city" people knw it more as "little mex" lol

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I like it. Kinda looks like a modded police interceptor. I'm on the fence about the red lip for the wheels though. Might take away from those bright red calipers, which look awesome.

Your car looks like a cop car GMHTP did an article on years ago. A nitrous-fed B4C from Northlake, Texas. Story was called "Narco-Camaro".
    thanks bro...
    thats a baddass camaro police interceptor man,, amazing,,
    now that i look at mine it does look like police car,,lol i say cuz the CHPs on my area drive those 98-02 camaros all black they look sick.. i like the narco-camaro name for mine,,
    when i had my red Z kids asked me if i was a xop, i had the police siren and the speaker and all the emergency sounds on it and i talked to the by the speaker,, so i think im gonna put it on this one,,lol just for fun..

on the rims i want to put the red line like the motorcycles have it,, i got it already.. i got it for free....

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

I Think it would look better if the wheels looked more glossy...so they popped a little more/matched with the paint.

Im really not a big fan of black on black if the rims are matte or dull looking. If your going to black it out then I think it looks better if the rims can match the paint as much as possible.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by bryceslu View Post
    I Think it would look better if the wheels looked more glossy...so they popped a little more/matched with the paint.

Im really not a big fan of black on black if the rims are matte or dull looking. If your going to black it out then I think it looks better if the rims can match the paint as much as possible.
    Thanks.
    In the future I'm planning to paint it gloss black. I'm sure it's gonna look better.
    That's just for now

Thread Information