Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SLP SS Breakdowns 99-01

This is a discussion on SLP SS Breakdowns 99-01 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Smittro You're missing the point.. Notice the list includes the catagory "SS"... As well as how many ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    You're missing the point.. Notice the list includes the catagory "SS"... As well as how many ss were produced in a particlular platform..

I also quoted about two people whom own 01 Camaros..

Notice @ the bottom were GM could'nt give sertain specifics.

Example: "These build counts cannot be broken down any further than this (i.e. cannot calculate how many Z28 Convertibles were built in a specific color with a specific interior)."

If GM can't break it down beyond the released build sheet nor can anyone hope to accurately do so either..

Best case it would just be a guess as apperantly no one was actually keeping count @ the factory other than total units in a specific platform..
    Ya, GM was never very good at that. Even the classic cars from 40-50 years ago. Collectors have the hardest time verifying most any Chevrolet, yet Ford and Chrysler all have documentation for everything. The only GM division that was good at that was Pontiac thanks to Pontiac Historical Services.
    But if you have a chevrolet, short of what the vin tells you, you're on your own unless the seller produces original paperwork. There have been rumors for years that chevrolet archives suffered a fire, or misplaced, or that someone is holding it in storage waiting for the right moment to reap the benefits. Blah blah blah. I personally think they are forever lost or they would have surfaced by now.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

You're missing the point.. Notice the list includes the catagory "SS"... As well as how many ss were produced in a particlular platform..

I also quoted about two people whom own 01 Camaros..

Notice @ the bottom were GM could'nt give sertain specifics.

Example: "These build counts cannot be broken down any further than this (i.e. cannot calculate how many Z28 Convertibles were built in a specific color with a specific interior)."

If GM can't break it down beyond the released build sheet nor can anyone hope to accurately do so either..

Best case it would just be a guess as apperantly no one was actually keeping count @ the factory other than total units in a specific platform..
    Couldn't SLP have kept a tally of what mods they applied to what cars? and my car is an '01 too...?

Yes, SLP did keep track of the cars via serial numbers, but that only applies to the SS cars that actually went through SLP. In other words it has to be a Y2Y optioned car (on the driver door) with the SLP options listed on the passenger door.

If it wasn't optioned with SLP stuff, they wouldn't have a record of it.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya, GM was never very good at that. Even the classic cars from 40-50 years ago. Collectors have the hardest time verifying most any Chevrolet, yet Ford and Chrysler all have documentation for everything. The only GM division that was good at that was Pontiac thanks to Pontiac Historical Services.
    But if you have a chevrolet, short of what the vin tells you, you're on your own unless the seller produces original paperwork. There have been rumors for years that chevrolet archives suffered a fire, or misplaced, or that someone is holding it in storage waiting for the right moment to reap the benefits. Blah blah blah. I personally think they are forever lost or they would have surfaced by now.
    Yes! That's basicly what I was getting @.. Exact records for exact options is shacky @ best..

Mostly just totals, which does'nt help anyone trying to build something or find out exactly were their car stands amoung others of the same make..

Leaves a lot of room for speculation and misinfo..

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    Couldn't SLP have kept a tally of what mods they applied to what cars? and my car is an '01 too...?
    One would likely have to contact SLP for that info.. Though I have yet to see a build sheet strait from SLP..

Check your door RPO..

Not saying there is'nt any just saying I have'nt seem any dirrectly from SLP made available to the public yet..

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the best way to determine anything would likely be to find your hidden build sheet in your car (if it's still present)..

Then cross it with your RPO then gather that info and further cross it with production sheets for their corresponding 4th gen years like the 01 sheet I posted..

But not having any real proof from GM or SLP of how many this or that there are will have you going in circles and scratching your head in short order..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-25-2011 at 07:53 PM.

SLP did provide their own little window stickers and certificates for the SS/SLP optioned cars. I have my stuff here for ours. I haven't looked at them in a while (locked away) but I don't really remember any specific production break downs on that paperwork. So I don't believe it was that detailed. It's more about authenticaton than anything else.

They will however give you a number for your car (as in sequence build) if you call them and give your serial number. For a fee they will also provide you with paperwork. Probably wouldn't hurt to ask if they have more detailed break downs with options on the SLP cars that passed through. Just a thought.

Edit: as a matter of fact, near the beginning of this thread SLP options were listed and broken down on one of the posts here. So that would tell me that SLP would in fact have a detailed break down. That info had to come from somewhere.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-25-2011 at 08:02 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Take my 92 z34 for example on GM's lack of info..

Many z34's from that year had a sun roof and embroidered head rests..

Though these options are found in the RPO there is no specific number that can be pointed to as to which cars got what for the 1992 model year..

Add that to the fact that all first gen Z34's were built in Canada and it makes for a real head scratcher and quite frankly pisses me off..lol

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Saw someone ask about this
    Found these a while ago and saved them, figured i'd share for those interested

These pretty much give a breakdown of all SS Camaros from 99-01

Here you go, the very first post thanks to Tator. There is specific break downs of production for SLP options like car covers, floor mats, etc.....

That leads me to believe SLP does in fact have a record of this stuff.

Take my 92 z34 for example on GM's lack of info..

Many z34's from that year had a sun roof and embroidered head rests..

Though these options are found in the RPO there is no specific number that can be pointed to as to which cars got what for the 1992 model year..

Add that to the fact that all first gen Z34's were built in Canada and it makes for a real head scratcher and quite frankly pisses me off..lol
    Ya GM wasn't that great about it, but then again, who ever thought this stuff would become collectable,,,right? On the classic stuff like camaro's and chevelle's, we can tell alot with the vin and data tags, but that's as far as it goes. No real option break downs unless you are lucky enough to have a build sheet.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

SLP did provide their own little window stickers and certificates for the SS/SLP optioned cars. I have my stuff here for ours. I haven't looked at them in a while (locked away) but I don't really remember any specific production break downs on that paperwork. So I don't believe it was that detailed. It's more about authenticaton than anything else.

They will however give you a number for your car (as in sequence build) if you call them and give your serial number. For a fee they will also provide you with paperwork. Probably wouldn't hurt to ask if they have more detailed break downs with options on the SLP cars that passed through. Just a thought.

Edit: as a matter of fact, near the beginning of this thread SLP options were listed and broken down on one of the posts here. So that would tell me that SLP would in fact have a detailed break down. That info had to come from somewhere.
    Yup imho it's a shame..

Almost as though GM expected no one to hang on to their 4th gen f-body for life or that collectors/owners may have a vested interest in the exact build details of their cars..

Almost as if they expected them all to end up in crushed or junked..

Sad, imho.

Yup imho it's a shame..

Almost as though GM expected no one to hang on to their 4th gen f-body for life or that collectors/owners may have a vested interest in the exact build details of their cars..

Almost as if they expected them all to end up in crushed or junked..

Sad, imho.
    Yep, the mantality of the manufactures (it seems) is that people are expected to trade cars in every 5-7 years. What is surprising is that many people do just that.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Ya GM wasn't that great about it, but then again, who ever thought this stuff would become collectable,,,right? On the classic stuff like camaro's and chevelle's, we can tell alot with the vin and data tags, but that's as far as it goes. No real option break downs unless you are lucky enough to have a build sheet.
    Yes sir! Ageed.. Almost as if they just did'nt care..

Terrible for the real car guys imho..

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Yes, SLP did keep track of the cars via serial numbers, but that only applies to the SS cars that actually went through SLP. In other words it has to be a Y2Y optioned car (on the driver door) with the SLP options listed on the passenger door.

If it wasn't optioned with SLP stuff, they wouldn't have a record of it.
    Didn't all SS's go through SLP...?

That's where ford and chrysler and pontiac have it above all the rest. For collectors it's a much safer investment with easily available documentation. Ford and Pontiac can produce real copies of original build sheets for each particular car (for a fee of course) but this goes a long way in value and collectability. Very easy to authenticate a car, especially when these things are bringing 7 figures. I did this for the 70 formula and 69 SCJ mustang. The nice thing about the Fords is that Kevin Marti breaks down every single option, how many were produced with what option etc.....you get alot of (1 of 1) scenarios.

I keep hearing chevrolet may do this, but there are alot of rumors.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-25-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Didn't all SS's go through SLP...?
    Well that was my understanding, I'm just not sure how involved SLP got with production numbers unless they were "special cars" for a lack of a better description.
    The first post from Tator sure says alot though, and leads me to believe SLP knows. Just have to ask or more than likely,,,,pay a fee.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Well that was my understanding, I'm just not sure how involved SLP got with production numbers unless they were "special cars" for a lack of a better description.
    The first post from Tator sure says alot though, and leads me to believe SLP knows. Just have to ask or more than likely,,,,pay a fee.
    I took it as only the SS's with slp options went through slp. Which I think is why the OP's figures are different from the other posted- could be just cars that went through slp.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator86 View Post
    I took it as only the SS's with slp options went through slp. Which I think is why the OP's figures are different from the other posted- could be just cars that went through slp.
    I just added up the total number of SS's and those number do match. I don't have time to look at the rest right now

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Haven't read the whole thread, but my car is 1 of 1. No one else has a 35th LE with the same exact mods as I do

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread, but my car is 1 of 1. No one else has a 35th LE with the same exact mods as I do
    If only a car like yours came like that from the factory.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If only a car like yours came like that from the factory.
    ZR1

The GT500, The GT 2 seater from Ford (no longer built), The Ford Lightening, the 03-04 cobras, just to name a few newer cars. We could go back even further if you like, even into the 50's where T-birds had paxtons, in the 60's when mustangs had paxtons as well as studebakers....I could go on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information