Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

slp maf sensor

This is a discussion on slp maf sensor within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by dneemorelos Yeah I already did. THanks. Lots of negative feedback towards a/m maf's. I will keep my ...

  1. #41
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post
    Yeah I already did. THanks. Lots of negative feedback towards a/m maf's. I will keep my stocker and work towards getting the t/b ported. Maybe even start working on the rear since I hear those go out if not careful. (gears/rear end). Thanks for all the help.
    ya i was making 397WRHP on a stock 10 bolt and it held up ok, but if you have the money i would def look into something else. But there are other mods i would do first. There was a guy on here who would port your TB for like $60. or you could check ebay they sell all the time.

    Its kinda live and learn. here a list of all the stuff i did before buying the stroker...

    What i've spent

    If you have any questions about gains/difference with these parts let me know
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 03-14-2009 at 08:11 PM.

  2. #42
    GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    194

    PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    ya i was making 397WRHP on a stock 10 bolt and it held up ok, but if you have the money i would def look into something else. But there are other mods i would do first. There was a guy on here who would port your TB for like $60. or you could check ebay they sell all the time.

    Its kinda live and learn. here a list of all the stuff i did before buying the stroker...

    What i've spent

    If you have any questions about gains/difference with these parts let me know

    Will do thanks. Do u remember the s/n for the guy who ports them for 60??

  3. #43
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post
    Will do thanks. Do u remember the s/n for the guy who ports them for 60??
    i dont but here is a guy on ebay, there is a core charge but maybe you could just send him yours and he would only charge you the $50

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-L...Q5fAccessories


    ill try and find his name though

  4. #44
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post
    that's not a bad idea. how much did they run u and where did u get em
    I got em from the ws6 store, but you could prob get them from fast toys as well. They were $100 and I thought it was overpriced for what you actually got, but overall I was happy with it once I realized the difference. They are plastic which is cooler, ported for obvious reasons, and smoother.

    Here is the link to ws6 store:

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    well first off who are you then? where do you work? how long have you been working with F-bodys? what is the website to your company? please inform me who i am talking to!!!!!!!!!

    Can you awnser any of these questions???

    Did i say anything about your post count? hmmmmm i dont think so.

    I do have experence, i used to have an SLP MAF and my car ran like shit, worse gas mileage, less power!

    Also its not jimmy bob and mary sue, its people who make a living tuning F-BODY's. ya know, the cars we are talking bout.


    Lastly last i checked i never talked to YOU, so how could i be rambling garbage out of my mouth????? Ya know i dont think in anyway my post was rude (not this one), so get off your high horse and get back to playing world of war craft!

    THANKS BUD!!!!!!!!


    Hey real quick what do you drive? do you have an SLP MAF?have you ever?
    your car ran like shit cause you have no idea what your doing, didnt your car hydrolock? do a search and youll see what i have and what i do. and for my ride i dont use a MAF


    funny kids
    Last edited by Quik; 03-14-2009 at 10:50 PM.

  6. #46
    GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    194

    PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    i dont but here is a guy on ebay, there is a core charge but maybe you could just send him yours and he would only charge you the $50

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-L...Q5fAccessories


    ill try and find his name though
    nice. thanks.......

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    here ya go. some research i did waaaayyyyyy before i opened my mouth!




    SLP MAF Sensor

    SLP or Granatelli MAF?

    slp maf

    SLP vs Granatelli MAF sensor


    I got more, wheres your?
    its funny how you posted links to ppl not being able to get a SLP maf working But, in fact its a GM truck maf with a resistor in place.

  8. #48
    GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    194

    PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    I got em from the ws6 store, but you could prob get them from fast toys as well. They were $100 and I thought it was overpriced for what you actually got, but overall I was happy with it once I realized the difference. They are plastic which is cooler, ported for obvious reasons, and smoother.

    Here is the link to ws6 store:
    awesome thanks........I think I'm getting these.

  9. #49
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    your car ran like shit cause you have no idea what your doing, didnt your car hydrolock? do a search and youll see what i have and what i do. and for my ride i dont use a MAF


    funny kids
    how can i have no idea what i am doing? you plug the maf in and thats it. and ya it did, water that get through the manifold, not my fault. if you search on this site you will find others. what name do i look for? quik? i bet alot of stuff is going to come up for that. Kids? you must be really old then grandpa. maybe you should lay off of the viagra. no maf huh? so you tune yourself? what program? so again i ask you how is it that i had no idea what i was doing????? and wheres your proof of how good this slp maf is? i showed you where i got my info from. or are you just stalling cuz you aint got $&IT?

  10. #50
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    its funny how you posted links to ppl not being able to get a SLP maf working But, in fact its a GM truck maf with a resistor in place.
    OK........ so wheres the people who think it works? well besides you that is.

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    how can i have no idea what i am doing? you plug the maf in and thats it. and ya it did, water that get through the manifold, not my fault. if you search on this site you will find others. what name do i look for? quik? i bet alot of stuff is going to come up for that. Kids? you must be really old then grandpa. maybe you should lay off of the viagra. no maf huh? so you tune yourself? what program? so again i ask you how is it that i had no idea what i was doing????? and wheres your proof of how good this slp maf is? i showed you where i got my info from. or are you just stalling cuz you aint got $&IT?
    i said the maf isnt going to gain him anything, since MAFs are supporting mods. i said if he has it use it, if he is need of money sell it. Read carefully. Ya youll find things on the net of me. not to mention in some cases removing hte maf has gained 3hp by removing it from the equation. the standard 78mm maf is a restriction to air flow when in stream of 90mm tb. ppl swap to the 85 to aid in freeing up any air flow restriction. does it gain power? no its supporting mod. Now you would know that whats point of having a 90mm inlet if all your track is only 78mm? that is a bottleneck and will hurt performance. its basic airflow theory and a motor is souly an air pump.

    why did you have a vaccum leak right after you installed the Fast? did you install the right valley cover bolts? cause that is the number one reason fast floors crack.

    i run no maf and no 02s and yes do my own tuning. Now alot of this could of been advoided if you would of searched the net. hell do a small search on this site

  12. #52
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    i said the maf isnt going to gain him anything, since MAFs are supporting mods. i said if he has it use it, if he is need of money sell it. Read carefully. Ya youll find things on the net of me. not to mention in some cases removing hte maf has gained 3hp by removing it from the equation. the standard 78mm maf is a restriction to air flow when in stream of 90mm tb. ppl swap to the 85 to aid in freeing up any air flow restriction. does it gain power? no its supporting mod. Now you would know that whats point of having a 90mm inlet if all your track is only 78mm? that is a bottleneck and will hurt performance. its basic airflow theory and a motor is souly an air pump.

    why did you have a vaccum leak right after you installed the Fast? did you install the right valley cover bolts? cause that is the number one reason fast floors crack.

    i run no maf and no 02s and yes do my own tuning. Now alot of this could of been advoided if you would of searched the net. hell do a small search on this site

    under what name???? i tried quik with no luck, and yes i did replace the valley cover bolts. it leaked through the #4 injector where the water pools on the intake. and i agree with the restriction, but then you run no MAF 9like you) and free up that altogether. when you are trying to tune and you have a MAF that is telling the computer something is happening that isnt. that makes it kinda hard.. So again what name do i look for?

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    under what name???? i tried quik with no luck, and yes i did replace the valley cover bolts. it leaked through the #4 injector where the water pools on the intake. and i agree with the restriction, but then you run no MAF 9like you) and free up that altogether. when you are trying to tune and you have a MAF that is telling the computer something is happening that isnt. that makes it kinda hard.. So again what name do i look for?
    interweb > you

    and you shouldnt of had a vaccum leak around any injectorport.

  14. #54
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    interweb > you

    and you shouldnt of had a vaccum leak around any injectorport.
    well short story short, i did. so if all you have is that its better cuz its bigger well then that just sucks. atleast have a better reason than that. and im pretty sure you dont have an F-body. so if you were trying to get an SLP MAF to work in a truck which is where then come from according to you. then i prob worked. good job

  15. #55
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    interweb > you

    and you shouldnt of had a vaccum leak around any injectorport.
    im glad TRYING to be right is what you live for but i dont really care. so have fun....

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    well short story short, i did. so if all you have is that its better cuz its bigger well then that just sucks. atleast have a better reason than that. and im pretty sure you dont have an F-body. so if you were trying to get an SLP MAF to work in a truck which is where then come from according to you. then i prob worked. good job
    i do own a Fbody and around them daily. And you woldnt put a SLP maf on a truck since the trucks already have the exact same maf [minus resistor]

  17. #57
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    its funny how you posted links to ppl not being able to get a SLP maf working But, in fact its a GM truck maf with a resistor in place.
    Glad you pointed that part out

  18. #58
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Pissing contest is over, we already pointed out at best slp maf is a supporting mod if it doesn't throw off your air/fuel from the get go.

    OP next time stick to the basics $200 for a maf after tax is something only slp is capable of just like there headers that add 40hp. Would have been much better going towards a set of used headers for around $300 on ls1tech. If you want to stay carb legal get some gears, that should be a nice .2 et if you can hook

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    814

    PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

    I have one car runs great no problems

  20. #60
    MOTOR CITY MARO' SSTODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    LIVONIA,MICHIGAN
    Age
    51
    Posts
    786

    PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

    Mine is in the box because I kept throwing LEAN codes until I removed it and put the stocker back on. So I am someone who had issues with it and the OEM computer not liking it. Every car is different but I wish I never bought it for mine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1-Is this drivers side or Passenger
    By cballweg in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 11:44 AM
  2. Question: Reading trans temp stock sensor vs aftermarket sensor in pan
    By senicalj4579 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 08:41 AM
  3. Knock Sensor/Oil Pressure Sensor Issue
    By Slow '99 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 09:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •