Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

slp maf sensor

This is a discussion on slp maf sensor within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Dr.Crash NO DO NOT USE IT. ask around almost no body will tell you to use it, ...

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    NO DO NOT USE IT. ask around almost no body will tell you to use it, and if they do, dont listen to them. easier to sell if its new...

alright. thanks. I think Im gonna try and sell it. Ebay might be a good help. It's brand new so it might not be hard to sell.

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    I ran the SLP MAF de-screened for two years and never had a problem. I did not need to get a tune, and the car always ran great. I now have a Granatelli and still have no problems. Not arguing a point, just my info.
    Did u see any diff with the maf then without??

Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post
    alright. thanks. I think Im gonna try and sell it. Ebay might be a good help. It's brand new so it might not be hard to sell.
    just run it man, unless you need the money then try and sell it.

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    I don't need the money....but I don't want no drama with replacing my maf sensor. If most are saying that putting in the SLP maf will give me problems then I will avoid them. It ain't worth the risk, thanks for all the help tho.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I think that there are people on here (not me) that have way more experience than you with this sort of thing and they are telling him not to, so maybe you should look into the reason and find out why.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I don't need the money....but I don't want no drama with replacing my maf sensor. If most are saying that putting in the SLP maf will give me problems then I will avoid them. It ain't worth the risk, thanks for all the help tho.

Good choice. try ebay, or see if they will take it take it back and you can just eat the shipping. Good luck

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I bought the fast toys maf ends for my stock unit. Makes the entire stock unit plastic which runs a little cooler and in turn keeps the air coming in cooler. I dunno though, that could have been a waste of money too, just seems logical to have all plastic air intake piping. That was cheap though compared to an SLP MAF sensor.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Did u see any diff with the maf then without??
    Yes, but I did the SLP Lid, SLP MAF, and the SLP TB all at the same time. I don't think you will feel a difference with just the MAF. I think it is more of a support mod than anything.
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    Yes, but I did the SLP Lid, SLP MAF, and the SLP TB all at the same time. I don't think you will feel a difference with just the MAF. I think it is more of a support mod than anything.
    Yeah, well I already have the lid, but the tb is stock. Thinking about porting it though. Instead of switching it out for an aftermarket.

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    I bought the fast toys maf ends for my stock unit. Makes the entire stock unit plastic which runs a little cooler and in turn keeps the air coming in cooler. I dunno though, that could have been a waste of money too, just seems logical to have all plastic air intake piping. That was cheap though compared to an SLP MAF sensor.
    that's not a bad idea. how much did they run u and where did u get em

I think that there are people on here (not me) that have way more experience than you with this sort of thing and they are telling him not to, so maybe you should look into the reason and find out why.
    and why do you think that? cause my post count? sorry bud but post count means nothing in the world of knowledge and experience. so before you got rambling garbage out your mouth towards me have a ounce of clue of knowledge who your talking to. and you dont even have experience to speak off your going what jimmy bob and mary lee says. Seriously if you dont have real world experience yourself dont post up. this is the reason alot of ppl on the net looking for information are mislead.
    Last edited by Quik; 03-14-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Yeah, well I already have the lid, but the tb is stock. Thinking about porting it though. Instead of switching it out for an aftermarket.
    port it if you can or find an already ported one. there isnt a reason to buy a 80mm tb when opening isnt spec'd for it. now if you get some extra cash pick up a fast 90/90

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

port it if you can or find an already ported one. there isnt a reason to buy a 80mm tb when opening isnt spec'd for it. now if you get some extra cash pick up a fast 90/90
    yeah i'm working on finding a way to port it. thanks.

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Talking

Good choice. try ebay, or see if they will take it take it back and you can just eat the shipping. Good luck

thanks

Stock
    2002 Camaro

and why do you think that? cause my post count? sorry bud but post count means nothing in the world of knowledge and experience. so before you got rambling garbage out your mouth towards me have a ounce of clue of knowledge who your talking to. and you dont even have experience to speak off your going what jimmy bob and mary lee says. Seriously if you dont have real world experience yourself dont post up. this is the reason alot of ppl on the net looking for information are mislead.

well first off who are you then? where do you work? how long have you been working with F-bodys? what is the website to your company? please inform me who i am talking to!!!!!!!!!

Can you awnser any of these questions???

Did i say anything about your post count? hmmmmm i dont think so.

I do have experence, i used to have an SLP MAF and my car ran like shit, worse gas mileage, less power!

Also its not jimmy bob and mary sue, its people who make a living tuning F-BODY's. ya know, the cars we are talking bout.

Lastly last i checked i never talked to YOU, so how could i be rambling garbage out of my mouth????? Ya know i dont think in anyway my post was rude (not this one), so get off your high horse and get back to playing world of war craft!

THANKS BUD!!!!!!!!

Hey real quick what do you drive? do you have an SLP MAF?have you ever?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

here ya go. some research i did waaaayyyyyy before i opened my mouth!

SLP MAF Sensor

SLP or Granatelli MAF?

slp maf

SLP vs Granatelli MAF sensor

I got more, wheres your?

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

[QUOTE=Dr.Crash;1855521]well first off who are you then? where do you work? how long have you been working with F-bodys? what is the website to your company? please inform me who i am talking to!!!!!!!!!

Can you awnser any of these questions???

Did i say anything about your post count? hmmmmm i dont think so.

I do have experence, i used to have an SLP MAF and my car ran like shit, worse gas mileage, less power!

Also its not jimmy bob and mary sue, its people who make a living tuning F-BODY's. ya know, the cars we are talking bout.

Lastly last i checked i never talked to YOU, so how could i be rambling garbage out of my mouth????? Ya know i dont think in anyway my post was rude (not this one), so get off your high horse and get back to playing world of war craft!

THANKS BUD!!!!!!!!

easy now lol

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

here ya go. some research i did waaaayyyyyy before i opened my mouth!

SLP MAF Sensor

SLP or Granatelli MAF?

slp maf

SLP vs Granatelli MAF sensor

I got more, wheres your?

EASY EASY......

Stock
    2002 Camaro

EASY EASY......
    I not PO'd or anything. i was just trying to be nice and tell him he needs to do his home work cuz i have. its kinda funny. hey but really if you have any doubts, check out those links. Good luck!

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

I not PO'd or anything. i was just trying to be nice and tell him he needs to do his home work cuz i have. its kinda funny. hey but really if you have any doubts, check out those links. Good luck!

Yeah I already did. THanks. Lots of negative feedback towards a/m maf's. I will keep my stocker and work towards getting the t/b ported. Maybe even start working on the rear since I hear those go out if not careful. (gears/rear end). Thanks for all the help.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information