Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

SLP lid for $89.99 new

Anyone ever bought from this person on e-bay ? The lid is $89.99 and .99 for shipping that includes free insurance. This is the cheapest I have seen a new one for, anybody seen one at a better price anywhere ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...spagenameZWDVW

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Thats the best price I have seen for a new one.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

His feedback seems pretty good.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

I woundn't think twice before I got something from that seller and with the price of the lid. If I didn't already have on I'd get it from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Ya I was going to get one off ebay too because sellers on here want 85 shiped and for 90 I can get new.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by silent101 View Post
    Ya I was going to get one off ebay too because sellers on here want 85 shiped and for 90 I can get new.
    heres a website for slp lids that sarge gave me .....92.00- shipping only 1.99
    http://marylandspeed.com/product_inf...oducts_id=227I

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

yes i bought the exact same item from them (tnamotorsports) though ebay earlier this summer. that was back when slp first raised their prices about 10% and likewise their distributors had to. they were one of the last online sellers to keep their prices low. i believe i paid $90 + $2.50 shipping from them(compared to well over $100 total from other places). it is what it is....a brand new, sealed slp lid. for whatever reason they're just a few bucks cheaper than other places.

I just bought a new SLP lid for $89.95. It's the old price prior to the new price that is now around $92. The vendor honored the price on an ad for a price match. I can't remember which vendor (have the paperwork at home), but it was in the latest GM Hight Tech Performance magazine towards the back with all the ads. hope this helps

Gave Mine AWay

I gave mine away before becaming a member. I tryed having it painted sebring silver to match my intake and nomatter what i used or did the paint would not stick.My buddy at the body shop told me it was because it was made of that plastic trash can typ plastic which has the color already mixed during the molding pross.Anyways i ended up going with the hard plastic or fiberglass MTI one and no problems with painting issues, just incase any of you decide to paint an SLP one. Because once you scuff it thats it!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Three weeks ago I purchased a 2002 Camaro SS. Mods include: Wieand Lingenfelter Intake, Hooker Long Tubes, Cats removed, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, custom tune, K& N filter. Is the SLP lid really worth $90.00+? I’m probably going to do the free ram air mod on the Install University website and would have no problem coughing up $90.00 for the SLP lid if I thought there might be a true performance benefit. You guys have any thoughts? Does the lid and the FRA mod have any effect on the sound of the car? Thanks, JB.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Three weeks ago I purchased a 2002 Camaro SS. Mods include: Wieand Lingenfelter Intake, Hooker Long Tubes, Cats removed, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, custom tune, K& N filter. Is the SLP lid really worth $90.00+? I’m probably going to do the free ram air mod on the Install University website and would have no problem coughing up $90.00 for the SLP lid if I thought there might be a true performance benefit. You guys have any thoughts? Does the lid and the FRA mod have any effect on the sound of the car? Thanks, JB.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

duplicate post....but yeah. there is absolutely no reason why ANYONE out there shouldn't get a new lid. its far and away the best hp/$ mod you can do out there. if with those heavy mods you listed you're still running a stock lid that's just robbing power from your other mods. so not only will you pick up the 8 rwhp from the lid, but it will prob free up a few more in other places on the car. i cant believe the guy who owned the car before you did over $1000 in mods but not a $100 lid. are you sure you dont already have a aftermarket lid? it may not say slp on it but it could still be a diff lid. post up pics and we can tell you. secondly, the fra mod should help a bit. maybe 5 rwhp at the most but every little bit helps, and for free who cares. i changed my lid and did the fra mod the same day and the car honestly seemed a bit louder at wot and also seemed to climb through the higher rpms faster than before. i couldnt really "feel" a difference though, but when you're adding 12 hp to a car with 330 it's not that big an increase.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    duplicate post....but yeah. there is absolutely no reason why ANYONE out there shouldn't get a new lid. its far and away the best hp/$ mod you can do out there. if with those heavy mods you listed you're still running a stock lid that's just robbing power from your other mods. so not only will you pick up the 8 rwhp from the lid, but it will prob free up a few more in other places on the car. i cant believe the guy who owned the car before you did over $1000 in mods but not a $100 lid. are you sure you dont already have a aftermarket lid? it may not say slp on it but it could still be a diff lid. post up pics and we can tell you. secondly, the fra mod should help a bit. maybe 5 rwhp at the most but every little bit helps, and for free who cares. i changed my lid and did the fra mod the same day and the car honestly seemed a bit louder at wot and also seemed to climb through the higher rpms faster than before. i couldnt really "feel" a difference though, but when you're adding 12 hp to a car with 330 it's not that big an increase.
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the dupe post....After posting to this thread, I found the "Search" feature and read a few good posts. It looks like the previous owner did make a few modifications to the stock air filter, lid, housing setup.....there is no lid. The filter is not the flat K&N filter either....it is more conical in shape and is completely exposed. I'm going to take a look into this a little further and I'll try to get pics.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the dupe post....After posting to this thread, I found the "Search" feature and read a few good posts. It looks like the previous owner did make a few modifications to the stock air filter, lid, housing setup.....there is no lid. The filter is not the flat K&N filter either....it is more conical in shape and is completely exposed. I'm going to take a look into this a little further and I'll try to get pics.
    if you have the cone K&N then you are fine! The cone filter is an alternative to a filter and lid setup. So you can't have a lid with your current setup. Stay with that setup- it runs about $300. It will gain you a few more ponies than a lid.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    if you have the cone K&N then you are fine! The cone filter is an alternative to a filter and lid setup. So you can't have a lid with your current setup. Stay with that setup- it runs about $300. It will gain you a few more ponies than a lid.
    Sweet! Thanks for all of your help with this!

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Yep it sounds like you have a Volant or K&N FIPK.

Thread Information