Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SLP Dual Dual Exhaust

This is a discussion on SLP Dual Dual Exhaust within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Raymond yea, I gree, GMMG can be loud.... You SS Vets out there... what catback you advise? ...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
    yea, I gree, GMMG can be loud....

You SS Vets out there... what catback you advise?
    My '98 had a TSP Rumbler cat-back...along with LT's & high-flow catted y...Sounded just right IMO.

Both of my SS's have the SLP dual dual,,,with one of them having the optional CME along with it.

The CME also got the same I-pipe and transverse muffler as the dual dual cars. So they sound the same.

I like the sound,,,especially with one being a vert,,,,it's not annoying when the top is down and the family doesn't complain. Yet with longtube headers and off road Y-pipe it will make a little noise if you stand on it...otherwise it's very quiet and livable.

As far as performance goes,,,,any 3 inch catback will give the same results,,been down that road. It's really a matter of sound preference.

If it's all out HP and performance you're looking for in a single catback then skip all the 3 inch systems and go right for the 4 inch mufflex setup.

If you want a nice dual system that tucks up nice, not too loud and fits like a stock system,,,I would go with's a real dual 2 1/2 inch system utilizing a transverse muffler in the stock location so everything stays tucked up nice. Should provide a significant advantage over any single 3 inch cat back system,,,unfortunately I never got the chance to test that setup. But there are a few on here that can attest to it's affectiveness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information