Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

sleeper camaros unite!!

This is a discussion on sleeper camaros unite!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; [quote=Mikat1;2568148] Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS Unless that 03-04 Cobra had mechanical issues or a completely inept driver, no LS1 with ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

[quote=Mikat1;2568148]
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Unless that 03-04 Cobra had mechanical issues or a completely inept driver, no LS1 with headers can "hang" with an 03-04 Cobra. GTOs are typically a shade slower than 4th gen fbodies as well.

LOL. Sound cars and drivers for the 03-04 cobras. And yes that is plural... as in its happened more than once. And I know the goats are a shade slower stock. But these cars weren't stock either. I don't know about you but I'm a driver over here
    If you re-read my post, I never question your driving ability. I questioned the driving ability of the 03-04 Cobras. I know what happens between an 03/04 Cobra and an LS1 with headers and equal drivers. Our definitions of "hanging with" might be vastly different too.

black
    2002 z28, 2001 B4C Camaro

[quote=Y2KPewterSS;2568155]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikat1 View Post

If you re-read my post, I never question your driving ability. I questioned the driving ability of the 03-04 Cobras. I know what happens between an 03/04 Cobra and an LS1 with headers and equal drivers. Our definitions of "hanging with" might be vastly different too.
    come on guys lets not agrue let's keep this thread going

Artic
    2002 Z28

No I understood your post. I was just letting you know that the drivers of the cars are good drivers. I think my definition of "hanging" is probably pretty close to yours.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

No I understood your post. I was just letting you know that the drivers of the cars are good drivers. I think my definition of "hanging" is probably pretty close to yours.
    I disagree.

Artic
    2002 Z28

Thought you might

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

So you have headers, a bigger converter say 3500/4000, a cam and not just a baby cam 23x/23x or bigger,gears say 3.73's and not running 17's or 18's out back... That or a 150 shot of nitrous ???

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

LOL. Sound cars and drivers for the 03-04 cobras. And yes that is plural... as in its happened more than once. And I know the goats are a shade slower stock. But these cars weren't stock either. I don't know about you but I'm a driver over here
    im sorry i really dont mean to jack this thread but......
    am i reading this right that these 03-04 cobras were modded as well?
    and you were 'hanging' with them and your mods are pretty much UD pulley, some suspension and LTS? and all sound drivers? doesnt add up, sure these where termis or earlier model cobras

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by zboy2012 View Post
    ya i was meaning the appearence and i agree when u say your car has kept up with gto and cobra's because mine out ran gto's and hung with cobra's stock for stock while up at U.S. 41 drag track,i agree completely with this
    I live an hr away from US 41 Dragway.

I would like to see you beat a Z06 or even an 03/04 Cobra. Time and day?

Artic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    So you have headers, a bigger converter say 3500/4000, a cam and not just a baby cam 23x/23x or bigger,gears say 3.73's and not running 17's or 18's out back... That or a 150 shot of nitrous ???
    Exactly

Artic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    im sorry i really dont mean to jack this thread but......
    am i reading this right that these 03-04 cobras were modded as well?
    and you were 'hanging' with them and your mods are pretty much UD pulley, some suspension and LTS? and all sound drivers? doesnt add up, sure these where termis or earlier model cobras
    Cobra mods were: intake and exhaust. 2nd cobra was pullied. Also raced a procharged gt with 4.10s, true trac and full exhaust and we stayed next to each other till 140. Raced twice. Good runs.

black

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I live an hr away from US 41 Dragway.

I would like to see you beat a Z06 or even an 03/04 Cobra. Time and day?
    I never said to or agreedd to anything about z06's now ppl come on let stop the agruing an keep this thread going

Okay a sleeper car to me is a car that you would not think is fast or looks fast. Say a 74 grandma nova but it has a 454 in it. I get your looks part. But um it is a camaro is it not?

The tires give this one away.. But what I think of as a sleeper..

Click for full size
    Exactly right, this is what the term "sleeper" originated from.

What are the non-sleepers you have hung with? And who thought a car with headers and Magnaflow's sounds like a V6?? Even a stock LS1 does not sound like a V6.
    That's just it,,,if you want to pull off the sleeper trick, the car has to be dead silent, dual tailpipes have to be hidden, and any other indication that there is even a V8 under the hood. Even the wheels some of these guys are running in the pictures are dead giveaways. They need painted steelies with poverty caps,,,,just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    I think for an ls1 to be a sleeper it better be well under atleast say..... 11s and look completely stock. but still everyone who races ya is going to hear you and realize somethings up
    I'd say even faster than that. In the FAST series there are guys with 40 year old muscle cars running stock F70-14 bias ply's and look like they just rolled off the showroom floor, and they are dipping into the 9's at over 140 mph now, right down to their factory exhaust manifolds.
    And yes I agree, the car has to be quiet.

Looking completely stock and doing this..........You never know what you might be parked next to on a cruise night.
    I ran in the purestock part of this series years back. Even the hemi's and ramair birds aren't necessarily sleepers, but when they look completely stock you don't expect them to do this......

http://www.fastraces.org/

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by zboy2012 View Post
    I never said to or agreedd to anything about z06's now ppl come on let stop the agruing an keep this thread going
    OK - Then an 03/04 Cobra.

I know people with them that can meet up with you at US41.

black

you know why do people like arguing and i am saying STOCK for STOCK buyt anyway ets all just drop this subject and keep thread up and goin
    Last edited by zboy2012; 02-10-2011 at 01:42 PM.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

mikat1 just to put things into perspective there is NO way that you would be able to hang with an 03-04 termi if they are modded and have good drivers. its just not going to happen no matter how much you try and bs us.

i know from personal experience. i have a buddy here in norman with an 04 and he is just pullied with exhaust and he killed me no questions asked.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I am not arguing at all.

You said you hang with 03/04 Cobra's. Even in STOCK trim.

Let's see it.

Unless you can only hang with them in the "Internet" world.

I will even bring a video camera so you can post up the video on this forum

Artic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post

mikat1 just to put things into perspective there is NO way that you would be able to hang with an 03-04 termi if they are modded and have good drivers. its just not going to happen no matter how much you try and bs us.

i know from personal experience. i have a buddy here in norman with an 04 and he is just pullied with exhaust and he killed me no questions asked.
    Maybe if you knew how to drive your shit.... he wouldn't have killed you. I have no reason to try and "bs" anyone on this forum. Believe me, don't believe me I could really careless. The fact is that it happened and I'm proud of that. I thought this forum was for people who had a common interest in ls1 based vehicles. Not a forum for a bunch of pu$$ies to sit around and try and down the next guy for his accomplishments. Maybe if you girls could drive your cars instead of your mouths you might have a couple wins under your belts too. All these internet drivebys aren't doing you any good.

black

Maybe if you knew how to drive your shit.... he wouldn't have killed you. I have no reason to try and "bs" anyone on this forum. Believe me, don't believe me I could really careless. The fact is that it happened and I'm proud of that. I thought this forum was for people who had a common interest in ls1 based vehicles. Not a forum for a bunch of pu$$ies to sit around and try and down the next guy for his accomplishments. Maybe if you girls could drive your cars instead of your mouths you might have a couple wins under your belts too. All these internet drivebys aren't doing you any good.
    i agree!! haha

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

you could put the best damn driver in an ls1 and there is no way in hell its going to out run one and im stating a fact just like EVERYONE else on this site so weather or not you want to get your panties in a bunch over a few facts is not my problem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information