• I want one

4 7.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side Pipe, Ss

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Side Pipe, Ss

Here are 2 pics of the side pipe I have on 99 Camaro SS. I have an SLP ypipe, going into a 8" length of 3" pipe, then into my Borla XR-1 3" race muffler, off of the Muffler I have the side pipe which shoots out in front of my right rear wheel. My car is lowered and the only thing I had to do to make this setup streetable was install those cheap <$10 coil spring spacer that you twist into the rear coil springs, got them from autozone.
    Last edited by Chevypowr; 11-27-2006 at 10:11 AM.
    Borla XR-1 energy bushings UMI B&M Spohn suspension techniques eibach edelbroc K&N Richmond Eaton F.A.S.T FlashTuner NGK MSD SLP J&M - I owe it all to my mentor- my dad.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Chevypowr View Post
    Here are 2 pics of the side pipe I have on 99 Camaro SS. I have an SLP ypipe, going into a 8" length of 3" pipe, then into my Borla XR-1 3" race muffler, off of the Muffler I have the side pipe which shoots out in front of my right rear wheel. My car is lowered and the only thing I had to do to make this setup streetable was install those cheap <$10 coil spring spacer that you twist into the rear coil springs, got them from autozone.
    Oh and it sounds radical, I'll try to get some kind of sounds clip up before long

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

LINK to sound clip of camaro with side pipe

This is the day I finished welding it on, this gives you a pretty good idea of what it sounds like from inside the car.

http://video.google.com/ThumbnailSer...&offsetms=5000

let me know what you think
    Last edited by Chevypowr; 11-23-2006 at 12:55 AM.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I'll give it to ya', its a rare setup on f-bodies, but I only like sidepipes that exit though a body molding, like a sideskirt or something. Plus (no offense), the tip looks like shit. It looks beat up and half-assed. Get some brand new shiny tips to expose on the side. My friend's cervini kit on his 06 GT has side exhaust and it looks sweet as hell. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2341272/3

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

about the side moldings...plus the tips are facing forward..so it looks sorta weird..but yea you get them facing straight out and through the moldings with some tips i've always wanted to do that, plus it sounds bad ass good work ...keep it up

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

nws

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    I'll give it to ya', its a rare setup on f-bodies, but I only like sidepipes that exit though a body molding, like a sideskirt or something. Plus (no offense), the tip looks like shit. It looks beat up and half-assed. Get some brand new shiny tips to expose on the side. My friend's cervini kit on his 06 GT has side exhaust and it looks sweet as hell. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2341272/3
    No offense taken, I guess I should have said in the first thread that I am not finished with it. I just wanted to post up what I had done so far. the current tip that you see is about 6 to 7 inches in from the side of the car, I have a tip section of pipe that will be welded onto the existing pipe that you see now, it will bend so the tip is coming out almost straight out but a bit to the back, and that is polished. All the piping on there now is form a f-250 powerstroke diesel, and I just cut out the bends and welded on my car. I didn't finish because I wanted to find a bit nicer looking piece of pipe.

Stay tuned there will be more pics up when it's completed later this week
    Last edited by Chevypowr; 11-05-2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling error

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    about the side moldings...plus the tips are facing forward..so it looks sorta weird..but yea you get them facing straight out and through the moldings with some tips i've always wanted to do that, plus it sounds bad ass good work ...keep it up
    Thank you, I appreciate that. I don't know of any side moldings available for the camaro, if you guys do let me know for sure. Working on the car on jack stand in my garage is not the easiest way to fab a side pipe, so Im not going for the show look here, its mostly for function. If I were to get serious I would make it like the Speed GT and ALMS race cars, out the rocker molding that is stock on my car, but I would have to cut a whole through the fram rail to do this, which I'm not sure if need to do all that. http://picasaweb.google.com/Allmotor...32052780269586

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Side pipes rock man. Good work

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

dude I totally know where you are coming from. I love the side exhaust option on the roush mustangs. gives it a little something different, but come on did you find those tips on the ground somewhere?

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by schrysler View Post
    dude I totally know where you are coming from. I love the side exhaust option on the roush mustangs. gives it a little something different, but come on did you find those tips on the ground somewhere?
    Dude, if you read my reply a few lines down, it says that I am not finished with the exhaust yet, I still have to put a tip onto the existing piping. My rear went and I am focusing my time on fixing that, then I will completet the side pipe and post new pics.

need to see the final result

black
    1999 camaro z28

love the idea, plus it's always cool to do something different on your own, so when it turns out sweet you'll get all the praise, and people will want a write up...ALWAYS a fan of hard work!! post those final pics
    AMERICAN muscle

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by +throw back+ View Post
    love the idea, plus it's always cool to do something different on your own, so when it turns out sweet you'll get all the praise, and people will want a write up...ALWAYS a fan of hard work!! post those final pics
    Thank you for appreciating hard word!! It's great to accomplish something on your own that took some time and skill to do. I will surely post the completed pics in the next week or so. Im still trying to finalize how I want to do the tip, I wanna make sure it looks great but functions properly as well.
    Last edited by Chevypowr; 11-17-2006 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling error

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I have always been a fan of side pipes and very interested to finally see a nicely done one on an 4th gen fbody. I hope the final product turns out real nice for you
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 11-19-2006 at 11:18 AM.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

cuda green
    1980 cutlass 402BBC4speed

you should compliment the pipe with black chrome stainless steel tips if your local exhaust supply don't have them i do just pm me i will send u pics of what styles i have...and for those twist in suspension things first time you hop on it they probably fall out i've never had any luck with em

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by twistedpipes View Post
    you should compliment the pipe with black chrome stainless steel tips if your local exhaust supply don't have them i do just pm me i will send u pics of what styles i have...and for those twist in suspension things first time you hop on it they probably fall out i've never had any luck with em
    I actually spray painted the piping that is currently in place matte black, mainly because I wasnt done with it and was trying to hide the beat up pipe until I get a nice tip. I heard that about the twist in sprong spacers, but I had them in for the for a week until my pinion bearing went and I wasn't exactly driving it easy at the time and they haven't managed to fall out yet... but I am still going to watch them to make sure. Thanks

cuda green
    1980 cutlass 402BBC4speed

Quote Originally Posted by Chevypowr View Post
    I actually spray painted the piping that is currently in place matte black, mainly because I wasnt done with it and was trying to hide the beat up pipe until I get a nice tip. I heard that about the twist in sprong spacers, but I had them in for the for a week until my pinion bearing went and I wasn't exactly driving it easy at the time and they haven't managed to fall out yet... but I am still going to watch them to make sure. Thanks
    f.y.i. here is a little secret go to local hardware supply store and buy grill paint much more heat resistant than any duplicolor high temp and will last longer.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by twistedpipes View Post
    f.y.i. here is a little secret go to local hardware supply store and buy grill paint much more heat resistant than any duplicolor high temp and will last longer.
    lol, thanks, I used high temp exhaust paint, which is basically the same as grill paint. I think it withstands up to 1400°F

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

nws Camaro Sound Video footage

This is 5 different videos I have of my car spliced into one video. The first 2 sections of the video are with my Borla muffler hanging off of the y pipe nothing after that. The rest of the videos are with the addition of the side pipe.

Let me know what you think.
    http://uncutvideo.aol.com/videos/bd8...780520572&#39;
    Last edited by Chevypowr; 11-22-2006 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Link incorrect

Red
    1997 Camaro RS

links dead

Thread Information