View Poll Results: What should I do with the money?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • repaint the bumper

11 37.93%
  • get new tires and another goody

18 62.07%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

should I take the money????

This is a discussion on should I take the money???? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; This is one of those threads where he made up his mind but he really wants some piece of mind ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

This is one of those threads where he made up his mind but he really wants some piece of mind to make sure he's doing the right thing. Just take the cash!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

ya, my mom's being weird about it now. she wont call the insurance to get the money raised because she thinks it's immoral. We'll see what happens.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

okay well first, you cant just repaint taht bumper cause the cracks will just come back thru the paint, and dont let anyone tell you different, if you so choose to repaint it your going to need a new bumper cover,

get the highest qutoe you can get which will be at the dealership, and take that quote to the insurance company, get your check, get it fixed at your buddys shop or even mine i got a good one in corona, i love them they do the best work,

and take the money left over and put them towards some toyo tires muahhahah lol

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my dad called the insurance, and they said they only pay up to 32 dollars per hour for the body shop. that sounds pretty off to me. sounds like they're trying to swindle me.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

um i dunno what kind of body shop they want you to go to , but 32 dollars and hour is half of what any qualified shop is, most so cal auto shops is about 72-90 bucks and hour,

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

waaht insurance company is this, when my car got hit all i did was take it to my body shop and the insurance paid the whole billl, plus a rental car, you are entitled to getting a quote and them paying for it, thats bullshit now im getting mad.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

it's infinity. I heared they're a bitch to work with.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

sounds like good times,

listen call them up, and ask theyre policy on repairs, tell them that the shop quoted you higher than they gave you a check for, the adjsuter will probably have to go to the shop and see your buddys estimate, tell him to spice it up a bit ya know, then take the money and run when therey done fixin it for cheaper than he told the insurance company,

and thats how you work the insurance companys, they fuck people every day i find great joy in beating the system, just try to avoid jail lol jk youll be fine.
    just pretend like your the shit, which you are you have a mighy fine ss lol

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

haha, ya, gotta beat the man at his own game. thanks! I do love my SS, gonna keep it forever.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my parents aren't gonna fight the insurance company, so I guess I'm gonna get 800 bucks, which is enough for tires. my brother is trying to talk me into a stall converter tho. haha

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

you can pick up a nice set of used heads and a new cam,

a stall converter would be nice till you find out you aint gonna hook, you blow up your 10 bolt lol, i would fix my ride if i was you,

wait is this car yours our your parents, and who paid/ pays for it?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

it's my car under my dad's name. I put down 6 grand on it and my parents lent me 6 more which I'm paying back.

nbm
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by kebie05 View Post
    fix it................once you start letting it go, other things will add up too.... fix it while you can.
    I'd fix it. I had a scratch on my hood for quite a while that I was'nt going to fix till I got a ss hood. the scratch never bothered me much till someone at the carwash walked by and you could tell she was admiring the car till she saw the scratch in the center of the hood. you could see the expression on her face change. I decided to just fix it after that. besides, its always better to have a car look as good as it performs.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

the insurance wont give me enough to get it fixed. I'd have to put money out, and I'm broke at the moment. :/

nbm
    99 z28

thats b.s. the ins company has to pay. don't matter where you take it. you have the choice of where it goes for repair. especially if the accident wasn't your fault. they can't tell you there not going to pay for the repairs because so and so charges a little more than they want to pay. I recently had to file a claim through an ins company that insured some contractors at work. the painters got overspray on about 20-30 cars in our lot including my exploder. the estimates ranged from 500 to 3000 depending on where everyone took thier cars. and no one has told me that the insurance co. wouldnt pay 100% of the bill. the cost of your repairs seem average to me so they should pay 100%. plus they have to supply a rental if you need it.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

this is tough. I'll have to pay for the tires, and I'm broke. they have at least 6 months left on them, so there is no rush, but man. my hoos has scratches on it too, so my car is neccesarily prestine. the whole car will need a repaint down the line. And I'm 18, my car's still way nicer than everyone elses. but ya, I do want the bumper to be as it was before. I would be getting a new grille for it if I do get it fixed.

nbm
    99 z28

Smile

ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm just sayin the ins. co. should pay 100%. on the other hand I guess the car would'nt be too fun with 4 flat tires.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

no fun at all! haha, my mom just got so pissed at me. She really wants me to get the tires. I'm on my own to getting them, that's for sure.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

well in any case, i tooo think you have made up your mind, get the tires, and touch up your bumper,

just make sure you do your research before buying there is always cheaper out there,
    and as for the bfg kdw2s theyre are a good looking tire just make sure you get a tire that will last a little bit, you dont wanna have to get 4 more by next x mas lol.

i would recomend toyo's t1r i have them and i know that they are the best tire i have ever ridden on or driven on or hooked up on, and they look pretty good too.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

aren't toyo's like, 1200 bucks +?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information