Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shit happens

Black
    2002 Z28

shit happens

it looks alot worse than it really is.my car is pretty ok from what i can see but the drivers door doesnt close that easily so the tow truck guys said it might be a bent frame and insurance would want to total it but it looks completely fine other than the dent where i hit the three.but how it all happened was i was taking a right out of a neighbor hood while showing my friend my cars sound system and i saw a guy coming up in my rear view pretty quickly so i gassed i trying to get up to speed pretty quickly and as i was i lost traction and my ass swung out just a little bit but it swung right making me point left and there was cars in the oncoming lane so my only goal was to not hit them so i was over corrected and turned right and fish tailed back and forth down the road multiple times and then it eventually gave and i went off road.i was with a friend and we both came out completely fine and were actually laughin at how we werent freaked out or scarred.but i didnt start to freak when my parents finally got there with the tow truck.i called my mom after it happened to get a tow truck and some bitch dyke looking lady comes and stops and tarted accusing me of being on my phone and saying my story is a lie there was no one behind me and insisted on calling the cops..i was pretty pissed off at this fat bitch.but after all that bull shit i get a reckless driving ticket failiure to contorl veicle and have court march 10.it wasnt really a life changing expreience but it definatly shines a new light on me.i was scarred and freaked out a while ago cus everyone was panacing and thn i realized how out of porportion everyone was making it because all i did was lose control on arainy day.so theres my story of what happened i dont really know what to expect because ive never been in a crash or been to court

Pewter
    2001 Z28

At least no one got hurt! I wont lie theres been a couple times Ive had mine sideways and almost shit myself, but when you have power and rear wheel drive you have to know whats up. Did you have bald tires?

Black
    2002 Z28

not bald but they definatly need to be replaced pretty soon

Black
    02 z28 M6

Looked like me after I got mine and I was merging onto the interstate when it was raining and only had it at like 3500rpm in 3rd gear and hit that white line and wooohooo I went lol. my car didnt get any damage though just bent my muffler

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Sorry to hear
    Keep us posted, always like to hear what insurance companies do as far as stuff like this goes
    Hope you get her fixed up soon

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ouch!!! Glad to hear that you are ok.

Royal pain in the.... Phantom2kz's Avatar

2001 Z-28 A4 NBM
    2002 35th anni SS M6#1696

can't park there man...
    glad you are ok...hang in there.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

Glad to hear youre okay! almost had the same experience last weekend. rainy day, dropped it to third to go up a hill and went sideways. Luckily i went to those Street Survival schools a couple of times and autocross alot, or i would have been screwed. Sucks that tree was there, it looks like you were almost stopped when you hit it haha. Goodluck with everything!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

That sucks

Dude glad your OK thanks for sharing the pics and story. You must respect the power in the rain, do you turn off ASR/does your's have it? I lost it once in my Vette pretty slow speed, no damage stayed on the road. But I must say auto crossing really teaches you a great deal about car control and lack there of. Get her back on the road and we'll see you the local autocross I hope.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Scary moments that's for sure. I put my old Silverado in the ditch back when I was 17 after hitting a real bad patch of ice.. All I can remember is thinking to myself "oh shit oh shit oh shit!" But just serves as a reminder, anything can happen at anytime and anywhere. So just be safe out there!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    98 Z28

Sorry to see this happen man. Cars can be replaced people cant. Good to hear we dont have 1 less Camaro driver though.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Couple things...

This is what happens when young kids get behind the wheel of these cars!!!

JK

When I was 17 years old, mother gave me a 94 3.4L HARDTOP camaro. Had it for about 22 hours, being stupid on a backroad, turned a curve too fast, did 2 flips coming to a rest on the roof. Everything turned out fine, county boy gave me a ticket for the exact same charge Reckless - Failure to Maintain Control. Dude was cool, and he felt sorry for me after my father showed up But said since it was on the roof, he had no choice but to write me the ticket. I went to court with my father, he told the court I haven't been driving since, and wouldn't for another few months. Judge said he could assure my father that he wouldn't because he was suspending it. I can't remember if it was 60 or or 90 days, but it seemed like a year at that age.

Anyways, this was in Spotsylvania County but still in the big VA. Every situation is different though, and that just happened to be mine about 8 years ago.

Black
    2002 Z28

the damage isnt that bad.right infront of the drivres rear view mirror is a crack in the part that connects to hte pannel above the front left tire and then goes back connecting to the read view(ill post pics) and the door has a few chips and you can see the white stuff on the inside and theres a big dent in the door.the drivers door is kinda hard to close and the tree dented everything in where it hit(and yes the tree is what stopped me to a dead hault) so my hood alignment looks some what off.

as you can tell the car looks pretty fine

as you can tell in the last 2 pcis the tree just kinda squished everything in thats why the hood looks so clsoe to the body pannel but tis because the pannel was pressed in and the hood is lifted up from hte body pannel being pressed underneath it..or its bent..i reeaallllyyyyy hope its not bent

Black
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Couple things...

This is what happens when young kids get behind the wheel of these cars!!!

JK

When I was 17 years old, mother gave me a 94 3.4L HARDTOP camaro. Had it for about 22 hours, being stupid on a backroad, turned a curve too fast, did 2 flips coming to a rest on the roof. Everything turned out fine, county boy gave me a ticket for the exact same charge Reckless - Failure to Maintain Control. Dude was cool, and he felt sorry for me after my father showed up But said since it was on the roof, he had no choice but to write me the ticket. I went to court with my father, he told the court I haven't been driving since, and wouldn't for another few months. Judge said he could assure my father that he wouldn't because he was suspending it. I can't remember if it was 60 or or 90 days, but it seemed like a year at that age.

Anyways, this was in Spotsylvania County but still in the big VA. Every situation is different though, and that just happened to be mine about 8 years ago.
    ya i just really dont want to get my license suspended and should i keep driving?because the officewr gave me my license back and id be driving my dads truck and i do need to get to school because fuck taking the bus

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    ya i just really dont want to get my license suspended and should i keep driving?because the officewr gave me my license back and id be driving my dads truck and i do need to get to school because fuck taking the bus
    Really doesn't matter if you keep driving or not. You're "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" which means you're still licensed to drive. As far as the court date goes, I can only give you my personal experience. I wouldn't even bother spending money on a lawyer, just give the judge your God honest story, and see if he'll reduce it to improper driving. Still better than having a reckless on your record, especially as far as insurance rates go. Trust me, I have 2 and a DUI

black
    02 vette vert

why have to worry about a ticket? don't they have such a thing as an ACCIDENT around there? wet road, no other cars involved, no witness saying you were cowboying or driving wrecklessly or in an erratic manner.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I have a one word comment: DUMBASS!

I'm sorry but someone had to say it. Very few 1 car accidents are not the drivers fault. Trust me, I've been driving longer than you've been alive and I know this from experience (I'm probably close to you grandparents age).

I hope you learned something (like if you're losing control and don't know how to drive the least you can do is take your foot out of it).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see nobody (and nothing really) is hurt. The car looks (from the outside at least) like it can be fixed.

Take this as a lesson. Do not repeat!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I have a one word comment: DUMBASS!

I'm sorry but someone had to say it. Very few 1 car accidents are not the drivers fault. Trust me, I've been driving longer than you've been alive and I know this from experience (I'm probably close to you grandparents age).

I hope you learned something (like if you're losing control and don't know how to drive the least you can do is take your foot out of it).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see nobody (and nothing really) is hurt. The car looks (from the outside at least) like it can be fixed.

Take this as a lesson. Do not repeat!
    Well, seeing how often he visits this board and with as much enthusiasm as he shows, and stories that he shares about his beloved LS1, I think it would be safe to say he's learned his lesson.

Black
    2002 Z28

well fuck that guy i guess its not like losing control of a car with no traction control and shitty tires is unheard of or somthing.people keep blowing it out of perportion.ya it sucks but its still just a car im not gona end my life because of it and yes i did learn a lesson and to be honest...i really dont care how old you are dude

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    well fuck that guy i guess its not like losing control of a car with no traction control and shitty tires is unheard of or somthing.people keep blowing it out of perportion.ya it sucks but its still just a car im not gona end my life because of it and yes i did learn a lesson and to be honest...i really dont care how old you are dude
    I know how you feel you just have to let these older guys give you hell, im 17 and all these old guys around my town are saying im not old enough and experienced enough to be driving what i am. As for losing control ive done some similar stuff but kept it in the road be glad you and the car are alright.

Thread Information