Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is she worth it?

This is a discussion on Is she worth it? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i agree with all this my 02 ss was bone stock with all the factory papers and schedualed oil changes ...

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

i agree with all this my 02 ss was bone stock with all the factory papers and schedualed oil changes and such and it has 110000 miles on it and i bought it with 98000 and it runs so good and has no problems besides the tensioner that broke. but my cousin bought a 98 ss with 50XXX miles plus mods and he is having so much more problems and his car has cam heads and supporting mods. my stock car is a lot more reliable and is a better purchase cause he may be faster but i know my car wasnt dogged on. (bought from a 68 year old man who didnt want a car anymore.) OH and i paid 9000 for my car and he bought his for 18999

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    Ok so say you were selling used kooks headers a quality mod in good condition retails around $800.00 you would ask for less than $250.00 + shipping ?

say it is your car and you are selling it you would just sell it for its value say $11,000.00 kbb for it miles/fair condition ? or would you knowing you just spent $800+ dollars on a great exhaust a year ago try to make some of that back?

Im not saying that headers make your car worth more but quality mods are desireable and some people dont build they buy

My first car that I bought was a 89 formula with a paxton sc and a list of supporting mods it was a shit can body with no sfc but it was only 2 grand and thats what it was worth 2k for a used blower,full exhaust,running 305/trans with work done, 10 bolt with 373 gears,and a beat up shell the guy wanted $2500.00 and it was worth it but I didn't have any more cash and he wanted it gone.
    I'm not saying that at all. If you have a modded car the logical thing is to incoorporate a portion of what you spent into the asking price of the car. Kooks headers are will def add value to the car, you wont get all of it back, however you can't really go wrong with a headers mod. A procharger on the other hand can equate to major problems. We don't even know how much psi he is running, how long its been on there, supporting mods he has among other factors. This car could be an amazing car, or it can be problematic. Just because someone spend a shit load of money on a car doesn't mean they will get it back. This car is priced so high because of all the money that was poured into it. Looks good, its shiny, appears to be taken care of well, but based on the advertizement there is a lack of information for the viewer which in my mind brings about doubts as to if this car is reliable or not.
    Last edited by SAGGIN; 12-16-2009 at 08:21 AM.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    i agree with all this my 02 ss was bone stock with all the factory papers and schedualed oil changes and such and it has 110000 miles on it and i bought it with 98000 and it runs so good and has no problems besides the tensioner that broke. but my cousin bought a 98 ss with 50XXX miles plus mods and he is having so much more problems and his car has cam heads and supporting mods. my stock car is a lot more reliable and is a better purchase cause he may be faster but i know my car wasnt dogged on. (bought from a 68 year old man who didnt want a car anymore.) OH and i paid 9000 for my car and he bought his for 18999
    my point exactly.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

i will never buy site unseen and no one else should either

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Plus its a lot more fun in my opinion to build up a car yourself... why have a car already built the only fun youll have is in the driving... you wont have as much pride in the car

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

No you will have to fix stuff just the same and you will turn your wrenches just as much if not more and the head aches come faster.But the over all thing to keep in mind when getting a modded car that the guy that had or did all this work may have been a conehead.If you don't know alot about cars have a shop look the car over before you buy so you dont get burned and know what things cost new so you can make a good judgement on what is a fair price.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

No you will have to fix stuff just the same and you will turn your wrenches just as much if not more and the head aches come faster.
    So you're replying to 10spokess comment as to working on the car yourself and taking pride in your self-installed modifications? If so, then you're implying that he/we/generally speaking have little to no idea as to what we're doing in the first place when we begin the upgrades, therefore causing problems later on down the road?.........

But the over all thing to keep in mind when getting a modded car that the guy that had or did all this work may have been a conehead.
    Which I beleive is what you just implied in your first sentance to the rest of us "taking pride in moddin' on our cars"

If you don't know alot about cars have a shop look the car over before you buy so you dont get burned.
    Derrrrrrrrrrrr

and know what things cost new so you can make a good judgement on what is a fair price.
    This would include the 1/3 of the value of the existing mods on the car in question that we would be considering to purchase?

Thanks for implying that it it would be foolish for us to mod on our own vehicle because the headaches would come faster by turning wrenches even more, basically calling us idiots. BACKING UP your implication, THANK YOU for advising us to "take it to the pros" before we consider a purchase IF we were to consider purchasing a car in such condition. I never thought of that And don't forget to go by the principal rule of thumb for adding 1/3 of the value of mods onto our checkbook when we buy LMAO You really should stop before it's too late Jerzy... REALLY!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Gandy - Do us all a favor and just shut this thread down
    Last edited by MrMasterCraft; 12-18-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: whoops

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

to the op i would keep on looking and hopefully you can get a cheaper car and procharge it yourself for less then that price

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information