Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Is she worth it?

This is a discussion on Is she worth it? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; http://elitemotorsdalycity.com?vehicledetails.aspx?VID=10 6078533 [/URL] if it doesnt show the car right away click inventory and find a red 2002 camaro ss ...

  1. #1
    Member Darkrider02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    267

    Black
    2002

    Cool Is she worth it?

    http://elitemotorsdalycity.com?vehicledetails.aspx?VID=10 6078533[/URL] if it doesnt show the car right away click inventory and find a red 2002 camaro ss with black rally stripes and a procharger
    Last edited by Darkrider02; 12-03-2009 at 12:34 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    23

    Artic
    2000 SS

    Link doesn't work

  3. #3
    Junior Member MICopper11's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Charles, Michigan
    Posts
    70
    Here is the link: http://elitemotorsdalycity.com/vehic...?VID=106078533

    Not a bad looking car.

  4. #4
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    wow me likey, ALOT.

    but i wouldnt buy a used carwith lots of performance goodies, just because you know its been abused, and dont know the quality of the work,

  5. #5
    Junior Member st_cspeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, Tx
    Posts
    55

    Artic White
    2002 Camaro Z28

    LIke it alot!!!

    Nice car, I would buy it!!! I think the low mileage is a big factor too.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Z28boy2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY Rochesterracing.com
    Posts
    1,276
    2000 Camaro B4C

    yeah the mileage plays a big part in the pricing, looks great

  7. #7
    HEHEHEHEHE Dabom75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    316

    Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

    My 35thLE had 58K miles on it and I got it for 12K.

    Yes it has a lot of mods and low miles but a lot of those miles could be track passes and therefore the car could be a ticking time bomb.

  8. #8
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    Looks like a bad ass car minus the rims. They are asking way too much for the vehicle. What people don't sometimes seem to understand is when they invest money towards modifications such as superchargers, prochargers and other mods, they can't expect to get their money back. That car bone stock wouldn't go over 15k in California (which seems to be the one state F-bodies sell the highest for). So they are asking for almost 7k back in investments that don't necessarily add to the value of the car...power is another story.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    814

    PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

    your can add 1/3 the price of the mods to the total vehical cost

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    your can add 1/3 the price of the mods to the total vehical cost
    How did you get that percent? just spouting off random numbers lol

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    814

    PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

    No its what I have been told. If you are selling a modded car you add 1/3 of the price of the performance parts to the value of a stock car.

    It makes more sence than saying your car is for sale for $50,000.00 because it has a blower

  12. #12
    Senior Member MrMasterCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,266

    2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    No its what I have been told. If you are selling a modded car you add 1/3 of the price of the performance parts to the value of a stock car.

    It makes more sence than saying your car is for sale for $50,000.00 because it has a blower
    LMAO, it makes absolutely NO MORE sense. If anything, it makes less sense, because then you're just trying to justify it. When people (most car enthusiasts included) go to look at any daily driven vehicle, they may not necessarily come out and say they like a more factory equipped car, but they are damn sure thinking this. Reason being is because although it may not be true in all circumstances, but the chances of somebody raggin' on a car thats modded as opposed to a more factory equipped car, are MUCH higher. Thus, the reason why people WILL NOT pay more for a modded car. Unless you're dealing with pro-stock or better, you won't get your money back.

    Then you've got young people out there and people with money who don't know anything and are looking for a specific vehicle with the kind of power they've been wanting that WILL pay more. But in these hard economic times, not many people have money lying around for these sorts of hobbies, nor do many young people have the criteria to be able to regularly afford these every month.

    On the other hand, I can already see this becoming a HUGE continued thread with people going back and forth about this. My point is this. I'd rather go to the dealer and pay $16k for an '02 Z28 with 36k miles on it and bone stock to the paper filter, than pay $21k for one with 58k miles on it just because it's gotta blower Hmm, wonder which one has been dogged more? Irregardless, your point in fact of percentages and fractions adding to the total value of a vehicle is a joke. Flame me if you want to, but most people will agree.

  13. #13
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    No its what I have been told. If you are selling a modded car you add 1/3 of the price of the performance parts to the value of a stock car.

    It makes more sence than saying your car is for sale for $50,000.00 because it has a blower
    IMO mods usually hurt your value


    Getting on the topic, It a little overdone, but nice
    Not too crazy about how he did the tails

  14. #14
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabom75 View Post
    Yes it has a lot of mods and low miles but a lot of those miles could be track passes and therefore the car could be a ticking time bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Looks like a bad ass car minus the rims. They are asking way too much for the vehicle. What people don't sometimes seem to understand is when they invest money towards modifications such as superchargers, prochargers and other mods, they can't expect to get their money back. That car bone stock wouldn't go over 15k in California (which seems to be the one state F-bodies sell the highest for). So they are asking for almost 7k back in investments that don't necessarily add to the value of the car...power is another story.
    X2 Too much for the car and no way I would buy a heavily modded car knowing nothing about how long the mods are in place etc. They have listed a bunch of mods (I actually didn't see the procharger listed on there) but nothing of the bottom end who did the work how long ago etc. I'd pass myself. A guy locally did that with a car he got cheap (procharged plus a lot of other mods) because it wouldn't run right and spent a ton and still never got it to run right so he sold it for less than 10K.

  15. #15
    Member Darkrider02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    267

    Black
    2002

    i agree, it makes a lot of sense dat we dont noe how was it done and how long... i personally work on my car with my dad so id noe how was it done and if its done right so im guessing i am gonna pass on buyin the car thanks u guys
    Last edited by Darkrider02; 12-06-2009 at 08:48 AM.

  16. #16
    Member langss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Hills California
    Posts
    101

    Black
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    LMAO, it makes absolutely NO MORE sense. If anything, it makes less sense, because then you're just trying to justify it. When people (most car enthusiasts included) go to look at any daily driven vehicle, they may not necessarily come out and say they like a more factory equipped car, but they are damn sure thinking this. Reason being is because although it may not be true in all circumstances, but the chances of somebody raggin' on a car thats modded as opposed to a more factory equipped car, are MUCH higher. Thus, the reason why people WILL NOT pay more for a modded car. Unless you're dealing with pro-stock or better, you won't get your money back.

    Then you've got young people out there and people with money who don't know anything and are looking for a specific vehicle with the kind of power they've been wanting that WILL pay more. But in these hard economic times, not many people have money lying around for these sorts of hobbies, nor do many young people have the criteria to be able to regularly afford these every month.

    On the other hand, I can already see this becoming a HUGE continued thread with people going back and forth about this. My point is this. I'd rather go to the dealer and pay $16k for an '02 Z28 with 36k miles on it and bone stock to the paper filter, than pay $21k for one with 58k miles on it just because it's gotta blower Hmm, wonder which one has been dogged more? Irregardless, your point in fact of percentages and fractions adding to the total value of a vehicle is a joke. Flame me if you want to, but most people will agree.
    I agree.Two years ago I went looking for a 2000-02 Z or SS for my wife.I found all sorts of modded cars that people were asking way more for the car than it was worth because they had spent so much money in mods.I actually had one Fool tell me the mods made the car last longer.Bottom line I wanted a low mileage driver and all I could find were "Psudo" race cars with a lot of miles.We ended up buying an 07 Mustang Vert because it had a Warranty and "0" miles.Just my .02

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    125
    2000 ss/1994 z28/1979 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrider02 View Post
    http://elitemotorsdalycity.com?vehicledetails.aspx?VID=10 6078533[/URL] if it doesnt show the car right away click inventory and find a red 2002 camaro ss with black rally stripes and a procharger
    It is NOT worth it! you can find a 00-02 z or ss for much less!

  18. #18
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by camaro2000ss View Post
    It is NOT worth it! you can find a 00-02 z or ss for much less!
    also procharged?

  19. #19
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    your can add 1/3 the price of the mods to the total vehical cost
    No you just can't do that...just cause you mod your car doesn't mean you will get money back for it. Mods are an investment, they may or may not pay off. Depending on what you have done and who did it, the car may even become unreliable therefore taking away from the value of the car.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    814

    PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

    Ok so say you were selling used kooks headers a quality mod in good condition retails around $800.00 you would ask for less than $250.00 + shipping ?

    say it is your car and you are selling it you would just sell it for its value say $11,000.00 kbb for it miles/fair condition ? or would you knowing you just spent $800+ dollars on a great exhaust a year ago try to make some of that back?

    Im not saying that headers make your car worth more but quality mods are desireable and some people dont build they buy

    My first car that I bought was a 89 formula with a paxton sc and a list of supporting mods it was a shit can body with no sfc but it was only 2 grand and thats what it was worth 2k for a used blower,full exhaust,running 305/trans with work done, 10 bolt with 373 gears,and a beat up shell the guy wanted $2500.00 and it was worth it but I didn't have any more cash and he wanted it gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. what is it worth
    By purplebat66 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 04:12 PM
  2. What's it Worth???
    By TopForm11 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 10:07 AM
  3. is it worth it.....
    By 74batmobile in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 11:34 PM
  4. How much is this WS6 worth?
    By TheGimp711 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 08:37 PM
  5. Is it worth it?
    By svmetalman09 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •