Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black

Cool Is she worth it?

http://elitemotorsdalycity.com?vehicledetails.aspx?VID=10 6078533[/URL] if it doesnt show the car right away click inventory and find a red 2002 camaro ss with black rally stripes and a procharger
    Last edited by Darkrider02; 12-03-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Artic
    2000 SS

Link doesn't work

Here is the link: http://elitemotorsdalycity.com/vehic...?VID=106078533

Not a bad looking car.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

wow me likey, ALOT.

but i wouldnt buy a used carwith lots of performance goodies, just because you know its been abused, and dont know the quality of the work,

Artic White
    2002 Camaro Z28

LIke it alot!!!

Nice car, I would buy it!!! I think the low mileage is a big factor too.

2000 Camaro B4C

yeah the mileage plays a big part in the pricing, looks great

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

My 35thLE had 58K miles on it and I got it for 12K.

Yes it has a lot of mods and low miles but a lot of those miles could be track passes and therefore the car could be a ticking time bomb.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Looks like a bad ass car minus the rims. They are asking way too much for the vehicle. What people don't sometimes seem to understand is when they invest money towards modifications such as superchargers, prochargers and other mods, they can't expect to get their money back. That car bone stock wouldn't go over 15k in California (which seems to be the one state F-bodies sell the highest for). So they are asking for almost 7k back in investments that don't necessarily add to the value of the car...power is another story.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

your can add 1/3 the price of the mods to the total vehical cost

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    How did you get that percent? just spouting off random numbers lol

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

No its what I have been told. If you are selling a modded car you add 1/3 of the price of the performance parts to the value of a stock car.

It makes more sence than saying your car is for sale for $50,000.00 because it has a blower

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

No its what I have been told. If you are selling a modded car you add 1/3 of the price of the performance parts to the value of a stock car.

It makes more sence than saying your car is for sale for $50,000.00 because it has a blower
    LMAO, it makes absolutely NO MORE sense. If anything, it makes less sense, because then you're just trying to justify it. When people (most car enthusiasts included) go to look at any daily driven vehicle, they may not necessarily come out and say they like a more factory equipped car, but they are damn sure thinking this. Reason being is because although it may not be true in all circumstances, but the chances of somebody raggin' on a car thats modded as opposed to a more factory equipped car, are MUCH higher. Thus, the reason why people WILL NOT pay more for a modded car. Unless you're dealing with pro-stock or better, you won't get your money back.

Then you've got young people out there and people with money who don't know anything and are looking for a specific vehicle with the kind of power they've been wanting that WILL pay more. But in these hard economic times, not many people have money lying around for these sorts of hobbies, nor do many young people have the criteria to be able to regularly afford these every month.

On the other hand, I can already see this becoming a HUGE continued thread with people going back and forth about this. My point is this. I'd rather go to the dealer and pay $16k for an '02 Z28 with 36k miles on it and bone stock to the paper filter, than pay $21k for one with 58k miles on it just because it's gotta blower Hmm, wonder which one has been dogged more? Irregardless, your point in fact of percentages and fractions adding to the total value of a vehicle is a joke. Flame me if you want to, but most people will agree.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

IMO mods usually hurt your value

Getting on the topic, It a little overdone, but nice
    Not too crazy about how he did the tails

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by Dabom75 View Post
    Yes it has a lot of mods and low miles but a lot of those miles could be track passes and therefore the car could be a ticking time bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Looks like a bad ass car minus the rims. They are asking way too much for the vehicle. What people don't sometimes seem to understand is when they invest money towards modifications such as superchargers, prochargers and other mods, they can't expect to get their money back. That car bone stock wouldn't go over 15k in California (which seems to be the one state F-bodies sell the highest for). So they are asking for almost 7k back in investments that don't necessarily add to the value of the car...power is another story.
    X2 Too much for the car and no way I would buy a heavily modded car knowing nothing about how long the mods are in place etc. They have listed a bunch of mods (I actually didn't see the procharger listed on there) but nothing of the bottom end who did the work how long ago etc. I'd pass myself. A guy locally did that with a car he got cheap (procharged plus a lot of other mods) because it wouldn't run right and spent a ton and still never got it to run right so he sold it for less than 10K.

Black

i agree, it makes a lot of sense dat we dont noe how was it done and how long... i personally work on my car with my dad so id noe how was it done and if its done right so im guessing i am gonna pass on buyin the car thanks u guys
    Last edited by Darkrider02; 12-06-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    LMAO, it makes absolutely NO MORE sense. If anything, it makes less sense, because then you're just trying to justify it. When people (most car enthusiasts included) go to look at any daily driven vehicle, they may not necessarily come out and say they like a more factory equipped car, but they are damn sure thinking this. Reason being is because although it may not be true in all circumstances, but the chances of somebody raggin' on a car thats modded as opposed to a more factory equipped car, are MUCH higher. Thus, the reason why people WILL NOT pay more for a modded car. Unless you're dealing with pro-stock or better, you won't get your money back.

Then you've got young people out there and people with money who don't know anything and are looking for a specific vehicle with the kind of power they've been wanting that WILL pay more. But in these hard economic times, not many people have money lying around for these sorts of hobbies, nor do many young people have the criteria to be able to regularly afford these every month.

On the other hand, I can already see this becoming a HUGE continued thread with people going back and forth about this. My point is this. I'd rather go to the dealer and pay $16k for an '02 Z28 with 36k miles on it and bone stock to the paper filter, than pay $21k for one with 58k miles on it just because it's gotta blower Hmm, wonder which one has been dogged more? Irregardless, your point in fact of percentages and fractions adding to the total value of a vehicle is a joke. Flame me if you want to, but most people will agree.
    I agree.Two years ago I went looking for a 2000-02 Z or SS for my wife.I found all sorts of modded cars that people were asking way more for the car than it was worth because they had spent so much money in mods.I actually had one Fool tell me the mods made the car last longer.Bottom line I wanted a low mileage driver and all I could find were "Psudo" race cars with a lot of miles.We ended up buying an 07 Mustang Vert because it had a Warranty and "0" miles.Just my .02

2000 ss/1994 z28/1979 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrider02 View Post
    http://elitemotorsdalycity.com?vehicledetails.aspx?VID=10 6078533[/URL] if it doesnt show the car right away click inventory and find a red 2002 camaro ss with black rally stripes and a procharger
    It is NOT worth it! you can find a 00-02 z or ss for much less!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2000ss View Post
    It is NOT worth it! you can find a 00-02 z or ss for much less!
    also procharged?

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

No you just can't do that...just cause you mod your car doesn't mean you will get money back for it. Mods are an investment, they may or may not pay off. Depending on what you have done and who did it, the car may even become unreliable therefore taking away from the value of the car.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Ok so say you were selling used kooks headers a quality mod in good condition retails around $800.00 you would ask for less than $250.00 + shipping ?

say it is your car and you are selling it you would just sell it for its value say $11,000.00 kbb for it miles/fair condition ? or would you knowing you just spent $800+ dollars on a great exhaust a year ago try to make some of that back?

Im not saying that headers make your car worth more but quality mods are desireable and some people dont build they buy

My first car that I bought was a 89 formula with a paxton sc and a list of supporting mods it was a shit can body with no sfc but it was only 2 grand and thats what it was worth 2k for a used blower,full exhaust,running 305/trans with work done, 10 bolt with 373 gears,and a beat up shell the guy wanted $2500.00 and it was worth it but I didn't have any more cash and he wanted it gone.

Thread Information